When you think of blogging what comes to mind? For me it is a bunch of people venting their problems to a large mass of people. They are keeping sort of an online journal. .When in fact Blogger wasn’t even invented for that purpose. Evan Williams the CEO of Pyra, the company that created Blogger said the following,
"We never really designed Blogger as a tool for keeping your diary. I've always encouraged and really liked the more professional ones."(Propson) “For quite a while, everyone was fascinated by this phenomenon called blogging. When businesses large and small began investigating this new medium and considering setting up their own sites, consultants -- and, yes, journalists -- told them they had to get on the bandwagon. You've got to have content, they said. You need community. That's what the Web is all about.”(Propson)
After this information one can’t help but be curious why they haven’t heard of blogs in businesses today? Where are they at? How can they be used?
One use of blogging that I came across in my research was to use it as a way to keep your business informed. David Sorkin, a lawyer specializing in information-technology law and assistant professor of law at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago keeps a web-log called lawblog.com. With this site he can update it every few days with information he has read that deals with laws and justice. Therefore other lawyer can use Sorkin’s site as a data-base. (lawblog.com)
I found that most businesses don’t keep there blog open to the public. Rather they make it only accessible by members of the business, which makes sense. A business wouldn’t want anyone out there to be able to view how the business is doing. Alis Marsde...
... middle of paper ...
... especially blogs dealing with stocks and bonds. People love information to be just a click away from them and blog literally does that.
-Propson, David G. “Blog Heaven.” 07/01/2000, http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/biztools/article.php/684341,
-Marden, Alis. “Blogging for Business.” 1 pg. 01/21/01,
-Kemper, Monica, “Business.” Online Posting. 28 March 2002. 19 April 2002. http://caldialogue.bemidjistate.edu/webx?14@223.OcfZSuoduD6^2@.ee88529/20
-Sullivan, Ben. Ben Sullivan’s Tech Blog. Networld+Interop. 19 April. 2002 <www.Techblog.com> .
-Sorkin, David. Law Blog. Blogger. 19 April. 2002. <www.Lawblog.com > .
- Computer Research and Technology. “Web Logs – Blogs.” 1 pg. 18 April 2002 <http://www.crt.net.au/etopics/blogs.htm>
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Science has invented many technologies today, which have made global village. We can see that people use vary types of social media blogs in their day to day life, which has removed distance from one place to another place. Even they use these blogs to expand business, which avails to get profit in short time without rush in their daily lives. Big company can easily reach to consumer and sell their products and get more profits. In addition to this International Company, they use blogs like Twitter, Facebook to advertise their products.... [tags: social media, blogs, platforms]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- Blogs: Fad or Here To Stay. The question is, are blogs here to stay or are they just a fad. To answer this question, one must understand what a blog is exactly. There are many definitions for a blog. One source defines blog simply as “an online Journal (Glossary of Terms).” That is one of the less complex definitions. Another source wrote “Contraction from the term Web Log. This is an online diary or journal which is published and shared with others on the web by an individual, who is known as a ‘blogger’.... [tags: Blog Blogs Blogging Weblog Web Log]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- The Usefulness of Blogs "Think of a weblog as a journal of one person's explorations as he or she cruises uncharted sectors of the Net, reporting on the interesting life-forms and geological formations (Frauenfelder)." Weblogs, or blogs, are rapidly growing among the cyber population of today. There are many reasons that people use blogs, whether for business, to maintain a relationship, or as a source of therapy for problems that occur in a blogger's life. Most of the blogs that I have observed over the past few weeks have been the equivalent of an online journal.... [tags: Internet]
2147 words (6.1 pages)
- Blogs Why be independent. A lot of families are so fast to just put your loved one into a retirement home or nursing home. You need to know that there are other options available. We know that as our loved ones get older they become more demanding. Your life gets in the way of helping them and it’s just easier for you to place them somewhere that is easier for everyone but them. As soon as they get to a nursing home, or a retirement home they lose their independence. It’s sad to say but even in a retirement home they don’t have their full independence and they may just go downhill from there.... [tags: Nursing home, Nursing, Retirement home]
715 words (2 pages)
- The Potential Impact of Blogs on Communication The advent of weblogs as instruments of Web-based conversation shall surely increase the exchange of news-related and academic information; probably not to the extent that books or newspapers have, but certainly in an open and accessible way. Gradually as they gain in popularity, blogs shall transform the field of journalism from one of complacent reporting to a more competitive and less elitist industry. Motivated individuals, with the use of their personal blogs, shall weigh in on important and controversial topics related to politics and social issues.... [tags: Internet Online Communication Essays]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- Blogs and Attention Seeking Bloggers Web logs are one of the newest things popping up on the Internet. “What is a web log?” one may ask. Well, a web log, otherwise known as blog, is a place on the web where a person can go to write down anything that they feel like writing in an archive that they have created. It’s a personal site almost like a diary, but it’s posted where anybody can gain access. Wondering why somebody would want to put their lives online made me think that bloggers are just seeking some kind of attention.... [tags: Internet]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- ... Test one out for reliability by streaming a video and demand, store frequently access files, and run multiple web-acceleration platforms. During the test, each services shouldn't show any interference with one another. Customer Support. A good CDN should be able to provide reliable support 24/7 through phone, email, or live chat. CacheFly CacheFly is one of the fastest CDN available. It promises to accelerate your website for up to 10x. CacheFly was launched in 2002 and houses some of the biggest names in the industry like Adobe, LG, Virgin Gaming, Toyota, Cartoon Network, and Bank of America.... [tags: delivery, internet, website]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- The ultimate aim of a business is to make profits. Some businesses require huge amounts of capital to start while others require small amounts of capital to kick off. If you have to start a large business, then you have to be ready to flex your financial muscle. However, if you choose to start a small business, you will require a small amount of money to get going. Many entrepreneurs normally start small and later expand their businesses as a result of economies of scale. As a business entrepreneur, you are exposed to a wide range of business ideas.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur, Business]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Reasons for Blogging When people blog, it has many different effects on their lives. What kind of effects, and why people blog is the question I am trying to uncover. Blogging can be classified as an online journal, notebook, virtual community, or a dream world for people wanting to be somebody else. Blogging can also be described as a rendezvous point for relationship seekers. For people without hobbies, they find resolve in blogging. Blogging is like building a model, or painting a picture, either way, every blog has it’s own characteristics.... [tags: Blogs]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- Society is adapting and altering as technology continues growing and changing. It is becoming an essential part of life and the number one source of communication in the twenty first century. It is changing how society thinks and how people connect all over the world. Humanity have been given a gift, a piece of technology that is more powerful than anything ever put before us and use it to create a global community challenging and inspiring the world. It has revolutionized the idea of public speaking, it has changed the status quo, and it has expanded the power to interact with anyone at anytime.... [tags: Thoughts, Business, Blogs]
630 words (1.8 pages)