Oh, I think I see her. Is it? Yes that’s her." Finally, after three long months my best friend, of 18 years, has finally returned to me. That’s actually the way I felt. Her and I have a strange relationship. I’ve always considered her mine and she pretty much owned me too. It had worked really well for the both us, until now.
Running past me without even a second glimpse she jumped full force into the arms of her older brother. The three of us had always been like peas in a pod so I wasn’t at all surprised she leapt into his arms first. "Dang, what er you trying to do knock me over er somethin’?" "I told you I was gonna to do this over the phone. Can’t you remember anything."? And as usual the whole brother sister-nagging thing started right back up again. Just proves that distance doesn’t make the heart grow fonder between siblings.
Cara turned to me in a slightly awkward glance. "I thought you had to work?!" Her expression lightened as she bear hugged me. You know when a hug lasts slightly longer than normal, that’s how all of our hugs used to be.
I felt the warmth between us again and realized how much I truly did miss her. So many new things happened since that cold January afternoon when Cara boarded the plane for Oregon. I wanted to spill everything and hear all about her experiences too. I knew there were some doosies on my end that I had been holding all to myself until the moment I could release them all onto her. Some things are meant only for the ears of your very best friend, but yet I sensed that everything was different between us somehow.
"Oh, my gosh I can’t wait to show you a picture of that one guy! You ‘member. Quinn?" "Cara, how could I forget that’s ...
... middle of paper ...
...hat can’t be ignored. My story is about a little chapter in my life that I wanted to remain closed forever. Some change is just too hard to bear, but what would I have learned from it if I didn’t take the time to look back.
Everything in life is bound for change; we all need it in order to keep life interesting. I know now that nothing ever stays the same no matter how much I try to keep it that way. It’s an inevitable part of life, but not all change is bad. Change is a growing experience and I can honestly say that no change in my life has made me a weaker person, only stronger.
What I know or what I think I know is that strength is key and friends come and go, but life is what you make of it. Change is natural and depending on your insight to the future and your fore knowledge of the past and present change can be a very good thing even if it is difficult.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendships are as strong and as delicate as glass, they can survive a lifetime of use but all it takes is one fatal fall for it to be shattered forever. Sometimes people stay in a friendship long after they have been shattered by it, this is when the glass takes on a new complex. Miss matched pieces fit together imperfectly and everything looks distorted when you look through it. One person is hurting and the other hasn’t noticed a change. Our friendship had always been a bit one sided but, it took a long time for me to realize that wasn 't because of me.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- I don’t know where I would be without my best friend. The person who keeps me sane when my family is driving me crazy, or the person who will stay up with me all night to support me when I have a last minute paper due in a class; I don’t know where I would be without that support. I found this support in my best friend, my sister from another father, Regina. Regina is an eccentric, overbearing, lover of all things natural type of girl. She lives life to the fullest and never backs down from a challenge.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1501 words (4.3 pages)
- A friendship is a bond of mutual affection. To me, friendship is a bond that people share in which they have mutual kindness, loyalty, respect, and equality. According to Aristotle there are three types of friendships. They are utility friendships, pleasure friendships, and goodness friendships. Allow me to elaborate on what they mean; a utility friendship is when you can benefit from the other. A pleasure friendship is based upon admiration and desire to be in someone’s company. Lastly, a friendship based on goodness is the desire to see the other do better and succeed.... [tags: aristotle friendship theory, utility friendship]
1915 words (5.5 pages)
- Aristotle’s View on Friendship Human beings are designed to be social, it’s our nature. Starting at a young age we develop friendships. According to Webster dictionary, a friendship is, “The state of being friends; friendly relation, or attachment, to a person, or between persons.” Aristotle does into depth about why friendship is vital to human thriving, the true definition of friendship, as well as the different types of friendships that exist. The topic of Books VIII and IX of Aristotle’s Ethics is friendship.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Interpersonal relationship]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Patrick Nadzadi December 11, 2014 PHIL 324 Ancient Greek Philosophy Dr. Rubenstein Aristotle’s Account of Friendship Aristotle first explains what all entail friendship. That it is a feeling similar to that of necessity and a good overall pleasure-filled feeling, though some like me may disagree on this. Friendship is that which consists of a given mutual feelings towards one another. These feelings would consist of goodwill. Then Aristotle continues on to the three kinds of friendship. The first kind of friendship is that being one based on utility.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
2723 words (7.8 pages)
- Friendship seems to be such a simple occurrence in society, however it is so much more than that. Friendship is a complex relationship between two or more people based off of mutual interests, values, ideas, and the like. While the connotation of the word friendship seems to always express goodness, joy, and happiness at times friendship can work in the complete opposite of that. One friendship gone wrong can affect a person for the rest of their life whether they realize it or not. Enkidu and Gilgamesh, though, are the prime example of true friendship regardless of how they met.... [tags: Epic of Gilgamesh, Ishtar, Friendship, Life]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- Development of Friendship Between Roommates The study of relationship and friendship development has become a very popular subject for social psychologists in the past twenty years or more. Social exchange processes, equity, similarity and self-disclosure (which was constructed by social penetration theorists Irwin Altman and Dalmas Taylor), are presupposed to be the main route to relationship and friendship development. According to the article "Development of Friendship Between Roommates", there are some crucial factors for researching a study such as this one, conducted at the University of California, Los Angeles(otherwise known as UCLA).... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Friendship Through the Years Two sets of twins live in the house cattycorner to mine. All four are girls, and all four are in diapers. The oldest set of twins, Michelle and Caitlin, are my age, and we quickly become playmates. Caitlin has striking red hair that drapes the bottom of her shoulder blades. She is so outgoing she would chat with a hobo on the street if her mother were not there to stop her. Michelle, on the other hand, is quieter and more reserved. She is an inch or two shorter than the kids her age, and lacks the confidence that dominates her sister's personality.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
1816 words (5.2 pages)
- The human survival is based on friendship. From the highest authority to the lowest bums living on the streets all of them have experienced in some way or the other one of these different kinds of friendships. We take this friendship for granted because it is something that exists naturally in society and most of us never really have to actually go out into the world looking for a friend. Those of us who have had to live in a foreign country or in new surroundings have learned how important this is in life.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Everyone is affected by certain events or individuals that greatly change their life. Many people have influenced me during my 21 years of my life, but I believe that the person that has influenced my life the most is a wonderful girl by the name of Lindsay Schiller. In the year that I have known her, she has become one of my best friends, and has helped to transform me from a lonely computer nerd into a happy college student with a decent social life. Popular wisdom has it that, "You judge a man by his friends." Earlier in my life, that would have been difficult, because my father was a high school football coach, and it seemed as though every year I was moving to a new s... [tags: Friendship Essay]
874 words (2.5 pages)