Advice and the language it’s given in can work only if the person in need of it can handle what is being said to them and accept it. Otherwise it just goes in one ear and out the other. Advice to me needs to be spoken in a calm and rational way or I tend not to listen to it. It can be advice from parents, relatives, friends, colleagues, or just about anyone, even myself.
Advice given to me when I was younger was a lot different than when I got older. I tended not to listen to my parents. At nine and ten, they gave me an allowance. I saw it as money to run out and spend on candy. They saw it as a learning opportunity and a chance to instill a value system in me. At first I didn’t take the advice, in fact it took years to realize the im...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Expert Advice of an Eighteen Year-Old There are many things I have learned and many things that have peeked my interest in my short life, but considering the fact that I am only 18 and fresh out of high school I don’t feel as if I am properly suited to be giving my advice nor am I an expert, just yet, at anything. I am however; very knowledgeable about the importance of saving money, investing money, and my future. My mother has taught me all the do’s and do nots when it comes to saving and investing for the future.... [tags: Mutual fund, Investment, Stock market, Bond]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Legal Advice and Funding Michelle wants to claim compensation for the injuries she has suffered in an accident. Identify and briefly describe where she could obtain advice about a possible claim. There are many places that offer advice regarding British law but few people know how to access these services. If Michelle looks in the right places she can obtain this legal advice for free. There are places that are funded by charities and there's also places like the Citizens Advice Bureau which is primarily funded by the government.... [tags: Papers]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Advice on How to Sell Your Websites Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com If you are serious about selling your website then you will need to spruce up your financial statements, budgets, and business plans. Running your website as if you were preparing to sell it will improve your management practices and increase the value of your website. If you receive an offer that you can't refuse, being prepared will put you in a great position to close a deal quickly. In researching my book, “How to Sell Your Website for Top Dollar”, I interviewed over 200 entrepreneurs who had sold their websites.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Problem As undergraduate students, we believe ambition and determination are the two most prevalent qualities needed to establish and accomplish our goals. We also believe that education is the foundation for a better community. Application is the first step in working towards a goal, and the first step we took in becoming students here at San Diego State. Unfortunately, this step is not as obvious – or realizable – for many high school students living in lower income neighborhoods. Money is not the main issue for these students, they simply do not receive the same guidance or resources as their competitors.... [tags: High school, University, Higher education]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- These days there is a controversial issue on how much other people should ‘help’ you in writing personal statement while applying to college. Some of my friends insist that since it is a ‘personal statement’, it is to be done solely on a student’s own. However, I view this matter in the other way. Personally I see that unless a writing personal statement service is involved, getting a help from teacher and parents is still not considered cheating. I see that first-time statement writer should be closely guided and given proper advice from a tutor or teacher who has some experience in deal with this stuff, so an excellent statement could be written.... [tags: writing personal statements]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- Throughout life you will make a countless number of decisions. From small decisions like what to wear, to huge decisions like deciding when is the right time to have a baby. And throughout your journey there will be people who judge your decisions. Then, you might question yourself and think “Did I make the right choice?”, but you must not let others’ criticism get in your way. You will always receive criticism but it is up to you to decide how you will handle and capitalize off it. Not all criticism is bad.... [tags: Employment, Better, Critic, 2008 singles]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Here are a few suggestions on how to give and receive constructive creative criticism: Giving • I was a member of Toastmasters for a brief time and one of the things they teach you when giving someone feedback on a speech is to bookend your feedback with positive feedback: PIP - Positive feedback - Improvements needs - Positive feedback. This allows you to end on a high note. • Another Toastmasters tip is that you focus on the situation never the person. Never tell someone they are boring. For example, explaining how they could tighten up their speech to make a more dynamic presentation would be a great approach.... [tags: Feedback, Negative feedback, Happiness, Timbaland]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- Your patient is having difficulty breathing and increased heart rate. You are unable to physically touch the patient, but you are able to see them and communicate with them. What advice would you give to your patient. Telenursing is up and coming and a new trend of nursing that monitors the patients in their home. The nurse assists the patient by” gathering information, assessing the client’s needs, providing health information and health consultations” (Kamei, T. (n.d.). As a nurse is this a setting you would like to work in.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Patient, Nursing home]
1410 words (4 pages)
- In today’s working environment successful leaders must have the ability to step forward and break out of their shells in order to be successful. Since studying organizational development I have become more cognizant of this fact. Through the study of organizational development, I have seen skills, that are strengths for me, and some I can improve. The following sections will identify the areas of strength I have been successful with and the areas that I see can be improved. My OD Competency Areas of Strength Two areas of strength I have identified are self-awareness/self-management, from the Interpersonal Skills and Personal Characteristics category, and public speaking in the General Pers... [tags: Management, Risk, Skill, Better]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- Good Advice When we first started to talk about good advice, I didn't fully understand what makes good advice, well, good. "Advice is advice." I said to myself, walking home from class trying to think of where to start. As the subject grew in class, everybody started to get deeper into the subject until we all had a well-based understanding on what good advice is. Everyone had a little different perspective than everybody else, which made the subject very interesting. I realized that there are many requirements for good advice.... [tags: Advice Philosophical Papers]
1314 words (3.8 pages)