Free drying is for wash customers only
May not be the most welcoming of banners, and yet if you are a wash customer you are one of the privileged and included. This wonderful space of washing, drying, tanning and car cleaning has to be the one and only Busy Bubbles. A small building just north of NDSU, this is an extraordinarily busy little corner of the world we call Fargo- Moorhead. Not only, can you wash your car and tan; this is a 24-hour laundromat that features: free drying! Doesn’t sound like much in the large scheme of things, and yet the numbers of people that visit this business in a week is staggering. And while the NDSU campus is very close, and the word “FREE” is connected to this establishment, it is not only college students that frequent this place of business. For an avid people watcher this place is a gold mine! Everyone needs clean clothes, and people of all kinds find their way to Busy Bubbles to complete this chore.
Busy Bubbles is a smallish building considering all of the activity that goes on inside. The first thing you notice as you approach the building, are the standard car wash stalls. The functional appearance of the inside isn’t really surprising until you start to look around. The ordered green and white design on the wall seems a little at odds with the funky mismatched furniture, and the hodgepodge message board. Any one need a used truck or a new kitten? Maybe you would like to work out of your home? Or apply to be a foster care family? This board will cover any of your needs. The room appears a bit sterile, but there are little areas where you can’t miss the touch of humanity. Don’t forget to check the lost and found basket before you leave.
... middle of paper ...
...le have entered. Two couples, one with a small child. I find it curious how both of these husbands disappear as soon as the laundry is in the wash. I can see them out starting to wash their cars. Do they know how to run the washers? Or are they intimidated by a group of women together chatting? Even my new friends husband has found other things to do in the midst of this chatter. Women always have something to chat about with complete strangers. Well in the middle of all this simple chatting I’ve finished my chore.
I say goodbye to the friendly couple, knowing it’s likely I’ll never see then again. That’s how it is at the laundromat I guess. You meet people, pass the time, and then you all go your separate ways. I wonder out loud, as I go, if the pyjama lady will remember to come back for her clothes. I guess I’ll have to check out the lost and found next time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One thing my grandma would always say every time she was doing work around the house is that, “A woman’s work is never done.” Posted on an online magazine website author, Jessica Grose, wrote an article titled “Cleaning: The Final Feminist Frontier,” published March 13th, 2013. As she got into the article she argues that men in our lives more recently started taking on more of the childcare and cooking, while the cleaning still falls unfairly on women. Jessica Grose starts to build her credibility with personal facts and using reputable sources.... [tags: Home, Cleaning, Homemaker]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- “ A family of five was traveling to Florida for a family vacation when the family was suddenly struck between two semi’s. The EMT’s pronounced the whole family dead at the scene earlier that night. Police have yet to release details on what the cause of the accident was but said it was an unexpected incident”, the local news reported said. Traveling by plane is safer than driving by car for 3 main reasons: pilots go through intensive training, roads have more traffic than the sky, and there are more car crash fatalities per year than deaths caused by plane crashes.... [tags: car crashes, airplane accidents, pilots]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Enterprise is an internationally known car rental, with more than “7,000 neighboring and airport locations throughout North America and Europe. Enterprise is the largest car rental brand in North America, well-known for its great rates, award-winning customer service and picking up local car rental customers at no extra cost” (About). Enterprise offers great leadership opportunities to its employees and helps them become entrepreneurs. They provide over 1 million job opportunities worldwide, this private company thrives its self in customer service because they thrive on being personable by creating relationships not just transactions Jack C.... [tags: Car rental companies, Car rental]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Natalle Chan (20621216) Dr. Boba Samuels ENGL 109 Wednesday, March 9, 2016 (Title) Often the only time many families will rent a car is for travelling purposes. Even those who own expensive cars may find that renting a car is a better option for them. There are several reasons people rent a car for example, when going on a vacation, people prefer renting a car so they do not have to rely on public transportation. As well, for special occasions such as reunions, high school graduations, and anniversaries it is nice to rent a luxurious car or limo.... [tags: Car rental companies, Car rental]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- The video ‘Get Busy’ by 50 cent can be analysed in relation to a culture of confession. Much of his work is confessional, with a focus on his life and upbringing, as well as his success. Confession no longer only occurs in private: it is public. Verbalisation has become the main method people make themselves noticeable to others. Many avenues of popular culture encourage confession and the chance to talk about their dreams and faults. The need to confess is related to the need to show emotion, which is also seen as necessary in our society (Couldry, 2014) Gilroy (2010) argues that this video can be seen in a historical context as African Americans were once slaves, which means that they th... [tags: Hip hop music, African American]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- The AVIS car rental company uses humour in their commercials to attract people towards their product however it also uses human traits such as anthropomorphism and personification to do so. This also causes people to feel bad or have second thoughts about their old sold cars. Specifically it gives humane traits such as adultery, and sadness. The goal is to attract people towards their product with humour. However some people take it seriously or it gets into their head which causes them to feel bad about their old sold cars.... [tags: Car rental companies, Car rental]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- ... A parent, for example, would be interested in a lot of room and a lot of safety features for their families. That in mind, they might look for a Honda Pilot or a Dodge Caravan. After figuring out the type of vehicle you want, you must set a budget for yourself. This will help you get a good deal that doesn’t cost more than what you’re willing to spend. Buying a car that is used usually works in the buyer’s favor because you don’t need monthly or bi-weekly payments, there is variety, and the price can usually be negotiable.... [tags: dealer, buying a new car]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- How to Change Oil in a Car Owning a car is usually a significant investment for an individual. Changing the oil on your car plays an important part to help keep it functioning at peak performance and to ensure that your vehicle last for many miles. You might wonder how often does the oil need changing. Well, manufactures advise that the oil is changed every 3,000 miles or every three months, whichever occurs first. Changing the oil is not an extremely difficult task, but it is always good to have someone else there, who has done this before, to help if needed.... [tags: Car Driving Changing Oil Process Essays]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- 1. Evaluate the opportunity that is identified by Chris and Val in the case using the analytical tools you have covered in class (8). Technology Dry cleaning business was facing some loopholes especially in upgrading their plants. Technology has been on the spotlight and drycleaners needed to embrace this fact to impress their customers (Guardian News and Media Limited). Superb for instance required a computer system to manage records and data. Many plants were not able to afford to upgrade their plants in terms of equipment and technology.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Physics of a Car The average driver doesn’t think about what keeps their car moving or what keeps them on the road, but that’s because they don’t have to. The average driver doesn’t have to worry about having enough downforce to keep them on the road or if they will reach the adhesive limit of their car’s tires around a turn. These are the things are the car designers, professional drivers, racing pit crews, serious sports car owners, and physicist think about. Physics are an important part of every sports and racing car design.... [tags: Physics Car Driving machine Essays]
1540 words (4.4 pages)