Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I would like to echo the groom's sentiments and mention that all the bridesmaids look truly beautiful, indeed.
Also, I'd like to say that the bride looks absolutely stunning today, as for the groom he just looks stunned. I am on a strict time limit from the bride, so the more you laugh at my jokes, the quicker my speech will be.
It is beautiful to see so many loving family members and friends here to share in this occasion, especially those who have traveled some distances to
be here with us today. For those of you who don't know me, I have been a friend of the groom's for seven years. He has many special friends, and haying the privilege of being chosen as his best man, from such esteemed company, is an honor the likes of which I have never had bestowed upon me.
I like to think that my selection as one of the best men is not really because your other friend canceled on you, but because I am one of the few people in the room and indeed alive that has actually seen you hit a homerun.
To be called a best man on a day like this is somewhat of a paradox. For today belongs to only one man, and that's you. No matter the size and liberality of the thoughts and tokens provided to you today you have already attained the greatest gift a man can wish for; the love of a woman as beautiful and caring as the bride.
I have had the distinct pleasure of knowing, for a considerable portion of my life, both of them individually, before knowing them as a couple. The beautiful girl that every boy in our class was madly in love with and the boy from the baseball team, who I didn't like much at the time. Spending time with the two of them is like sl...
... middle of paper ...
...honor and respect both and for himself and for those he loves.
As is customary I should leave the groom with wise words, to help in your marriage. Since I am a bachelor, I have little experience to speak from, but I hope these help anyway:
1. Never go to bed angry; always stay up and argue.
2. Always remember those three little words that are so important in a marriage: "You're right dear.?
3. Lastly, under no circumstances will you swear at our wife, if there are ladies present.
Searching around to find a pertinent closing thought, all were overshadowed by the validity of the following: " You don't marry someone because you can live with them, you marry them because you simply cannot live without them." Ladies and gentlemen, if you could all be upstanding, and join me in a toast: To the two people who are so dear in all our hearts, the bride and groom.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Humorous and Sentimental Wedding Speech by the Groom I was going to begin with "ladies and gentlemen" but on looking around I'm glad I didn't. So here goes. Distinguished guests, those of lesser distinction, and those of no distinction at all, family relatives, new and old, in-laws and out-laws, friends, friends of friends, and freeloaders, welcome to our wedding reception. First of all I would like to thank my brothers and my new sister for their kind words. I did have a speech all worked out for this special occasion, but of course now that I'm a married man, she has told me what to say instead.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Sentimental Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride This speech uses quotes that are skillfully woven into his more personal message, which is a good way of adding humor and providing the speaker with material that is neither offensive or dull. He also includes several jokes that are popular in wedding speeches, but has given his own twist on them to add originality Ladies and gentlemen, may I start my speech by welcoming the guests. Today, we are surrounded by most of the friends and family that have been important to us during our lives.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech Delivered by the Best Man Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. First of all, I’d like congratulate the groom (bridegroom) on a very enjoyable speech - which has raised the expectation of my speech to a level that I cannot possibly hope to fulfill now. Thanks for that. Now I know I’m expected to say this but it really is an honor being John’s best man. He’s a very popular person with many close friends, so when he asked me to do this job I was extremely pleased and very proud – and I hope he remembers that sentimental moment just as well as I do.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- I found the differences between sentimental and realist writing strikingly obvious, but the details as of why were hidden to me until I went deeper into analyzing the text. To figure out the exact differences and similarities that set these two writing eras apart, I examined The Island of Bornholm, a sentimentalist story written by Nikolai Karamzin, and The Family of a Vourdalak, a realist piece by Alexis Tolstoy. With a gap of forty-six years between the two pieces, there is bound to be certain differences in style and word choice, but beyond this were variances in character details, scene descriptions, and tension building that made these two stories so unique to the reader.... [tags: differences between sentimental & realist writing]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Reasons I Admire the Groom Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I’m not an experienced public speaker, so I find it easier just to read the speech word for word. In fact, I’ve practiced it almost daily for about a week and a half now, so that I know it very well. It’s a tip that I read in a book about public speaking. I’ve also been drinking profusely to help calm my pre-speech nerves. I made that tip up myself. Laughter Yes, I am a little nervous about being the best man.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- Obama on Racial Unity In the 2008 speech “A More Perfect Union” Senator Barack Obama illustrates himself as a diverse and benevolent leader to repeal said exigencies of him being anti-American and win over American votes. Obama constructs ethos by mentioning he has experienced the luxuries and poverties this world has to offer, attracting rich and poor alike. The tone used by Obama experiences many shifts to appeal to the diverse audience and win their understanding that he hopes can turn into a vote.... [tags: Speech Analysis, Summary]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech – Best Man Before I begin with Leon’s character assassination, I should probably introduce myself, as a lot of you don’t know me…my name is Andy. My full name is actually Andy WhatcanIgetyou. For those of you who I meet in the bar later, I’d appreciate it if you could Use my full name. I’d also like to remind you, that the more you laugh at my gags the faster my speech will be delivered…so it’s in your own best interest… I think being a best man can be a very nerve racking experience…(pause)… if there’s one person here this afternoon feeling nervous, apprehensive and queasy about what lies ahead….then it’s probably because you’ve just married Leon.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech Good Evening everybody...I hope you are all enjoying everything so far...My name is Frank Levy, and I am Rick's Best Man for the evening. I happened to find out that there was a pool going on as to how long my Best Man's speech was going to be, and I was the only one who bought in at 60 minutes, so you might as well all just relax, sit back and enjoy the ride. When Rick first asked me to be a "Best Man", I wasn't really sure what my responsibilities were suppossed to be.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- Humorous Best Man Speech The hotel management have asked me to ask you not to stand on the tables or chairs during the standing ovation at the end of my speech. Now, I asked around for an idea of how long my speech should last, and the general response was about as long as it takes the groom to make love. So with that in mind, thank you, you have been a wonderful audience. (Sit and then get back up) I think an introduction is worthwhile. For those of you who do not yet know me my name is Whatwouldvouliketodrink.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech This is the first time Kevin's ever brought me dinner and I?m too nervous to eat it. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Kevin's younger brother and my full name is Bobby What are you drinking, so if you see me at the bar later don't hesitate to call me by my full name. Unfortunately every silver lining does have A cloud, and that is that you've all got to listen to me for the next 5 minutes. I'd just like to thank Kevin on behalf of the bridesmaids for his kind words I think you will all agree that they have done a fantastic job today and look absolutely beautiful.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1339 words (3.8 pages)