The hotel management have asked me to ask you not to stand on the tables or chairs during the standing ovation at the end of my speech.
Now, I asked around for an idea of how long my speech should last, and the general response was about as long as it takes the groom to make love. So with that in mind, thank you, you have been a wonderful audience. (Sit and then get back up)
I think an introduction is worthwhile. For those of you who do not yet know me my name is Whatwouldvouliketodrink. I hope as many of you will come and say hello at the bar later, but I do insist you use my full name.
At this point I would like to thank the groom for his kind words. I would also like to add my own appreciation. I think you'll all agree the bridesmaids both look lovely today in their dresses and I know the bride wants me to thank them for the help they have provided, not only today but in the weeks and months leading up to the wedding. I would like to propose a toast. Ladies and gentlemen, the bridesmaids.
I'm sure a number of the guys here today have been a best man at a wedding before, but I wonder how many of you have ever received written guidelines from the bride to be. I would like to read you an e-mail that the bride sent me prior to the wedding. (Produce e-mail)
Wouldyoulikeanotherdrink (Remember that is my name)
I was very pleased when you were asked to be best man at our wedding. I have known you for some time now and I cannot think of anybody more charismatic, intelligent, better looking or downright sexy than you to fulfill this crucial role on our big day.
As we get close to the wedding day, most tasks have been...
... middle of paper ...
...tion?" Big & Bouncy magazine.)
Obviously my toasts are going to focus on the most important people here today. The people we all feel a great love for and without whom today wouldn't be possible. At some stage in the evening I’m sure we will all be sharing with them our thoughts from this special day and giving them our love and best wishes so I would like to propose a toast to: the bar staff.
Now the real version. I would like to thank the groom for asking me to be his best man. It has been a pleasure helping them prepare for today. For all the banter that has passed between us it should be fairy obvious that we are the best of mates. I am going to finish now by asking you to join me in wishing them many years of happiness. Ladies and gentlemen, the bride and groom. That's the end of my speech. I am sure you will be as glad as me that there is no more.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Humorous Best Man Speech I would also like to thank you all for being here today to share in this very special occasion. Before I begin my traditional destruction of the groom’s character, I would just like to say again how lovely the bride looks today. This is actually the first time I have made a speech (as you can probably tell), and it is true when they say that its nerve racking. In fact I could go so far as to say that I feel about as comfortable as Osama Bin Laden in the Whitehouse. I only feel slightly better knowing that I am not the only one in the room who is apprehensive, but then again she has just married the groom.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Humorous Best Man Speech Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Firstly on behalf of the bridesmaids, I would like to thank the groom for his kind words, and may I also say that they have done a fantastic job today and all of them look absolutely beautiful. I'd also like to say that the bride looks absolutely stunning today as I’m sure you will all agree. Unfortunately for the wedding photographs, the groom just looks stunned. When I was asked to be best man I consulted the Internet for help. I must confess I was perplexed by some of the things I was expected to do: Help the groom dress.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Best Man When Daniel came to me and asked me to be his best man, it was a great honour but, when I looked at all the duties required of me, I felt he’d be better off choosing someone else. Then he offered me a fifty, but I told him that it wasn’t a decision that money could change. So then he offered me a hundred. Anyway, good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Rob and it’s my pleasure to be Daniel's best man today. So let me tell you about all those best man duties that originally concerned me, because I was immediately stumped by the first one: ‘ensure that the groom’s face and hair are in order.’ Well Daniel, I have to say that if nature didn't get... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
695 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Best Man Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I would like to start by thanking Steve for saying such nice things about me during his speech, though I must admit, I did deserve them. I mean, where would a bridegroom be without his best man. The friend at hand when he couldn’t find the rings. The reassuring voice in his ear when it looked like it might rain. And the chaperone who persuaded him to leave the strip club last night. Actually, I believe it was this morning. I think we all agree that Linda looks fantastic today, a number one hit if ever there was one.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Humorous Best Man Speech Written for Two Best Men Best man 1: Good evening everyone. I must warn you we are both pretty nervous about doing this speech. We have spent many a night awake, trying plan it to no avail. We were both so nervous about doing this speech we asked the groom for some advice on how to prepare for talking to a large audience. Best man 2: So he did. He told us to imagine that you are all naked, so if you don't mind, we are going to give it a go. (Stares, winks at people) Best man 1: Ladies and gentlemen, may I thank you for attending this wonderful occasion.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech Delivered by the Best Man Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. First of all, I’d like congratulate the groom (bridegroom) on a very enjoyable speech - which has raised the expectation of my speech to a level that I cannot possibly hope to fulfill now. Thanks for that. Now I know I’m expected to say this but it really is an honor being John’s best man. He’s a very popular person with many close friends, so when he asked me to do this job I was extremely pleased and very proud – and I hope he remembers that sentimental moment just as well as I do.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- Humorous Best Man Speech - The Groom’s Life Story Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. It’s surprising just how far some people are prepared to travel for a free lunch. It’s a good job the groom didn't choose the menu, otherwise we would have had penut-butter sandwiches washed down with beer. Firstly, I have a feet messages to read out.(read telegrams etc.) As Bill Clinton said to each of his girlfriends, I wont keep you long. I’d like to begin by thanking the groom for asking me to be best man.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Roast by the Best Man Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Ron and I’m Allen’s best man. Well, I’m the best he could find anyway. But all things considered, I feel that I’ve done my duty well so far today. I delivered a sober groom to the church on time – well, he was definitely on time. I provided the rings on cue, and as I give this speech now, I don’t think I’m going to offend or embarrass anyone. But to ensure this last part, I better keep things fairly short - and I know Allen’s itching to get to the bar.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Two Best Men Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Steve and this is my partner in crime, Scot. We are the best men today, famed for our double act. Some people may even say we were artists, but I think you'll all realize what kind of artists we are later on this evening. Now, I’d like to think that Gary chose Scott and me to be joint best men so that we could both be by his side on his wedding day. However, Scott reckons Gary only picked us for the wedding photos.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
715 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Two Best Men Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. For those of you that are wondering why there are two best men standing up here, it’s perfectly simple. Arthur wanted to appoint a best man for the occasion, but sadly couldn’t find one, so he got two barely competent ones instead. So before I start, let me clarify the ‘role’ situation. Dennis, Arthur’s university friend and very trustworthy, was responsible for carrying the rings in church. I am Steve, Arthur’s childhood friend and very good with lager (beer).... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
784 words (2.2 pages)