I believe the nature of children is to want to have fun. Therefore, teachers must make learning a fun experience. Children can only learn when they are given information and materials to learn from.
The overall purpose of education is to provide every child with a competent education. Education is an important aspect of everyone’s life. As a prospective teacher I hope to enrich the lives of my pupils. I want my students to be able to learn the basics such as reading, writing, and mathematics. Once children learn the basic principle, teachers can expand on this knowledge and progress into more learning.
I plan on using a combination of teaching methods. These methods will include direct teaching and cooperative learning. I believe these are the best methods for teaching elementary students. I also plan to do everything I can to ensure that my students have access to all the materials they need to fulfill their learning potential. Low-level questions are best used in the lower grades, so tha...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Teaching Philosophy Statement Knowing that you have had an impact on someone and ending the day feeling like you changed just one life could be the best job in the world. To me those feelings and thoughts can only come from one profession-teaching. I have a family full of teachers and it is exciting to see them come home and have that satisfaction of influencing someone’s life. I want to be apart of that feeling and emotion. I have chosen the route to be a Special Education teacher; I feel that this is going to be the best way to have that feeling and emotion of inspiring someone else’s life each and everyday.... [tags: Teaching Careers Education Teachers Essays]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Effective Teaching Many individuals believe that being a teacher is an easy task. Our society believes that any person can become a teacher. But experience has shown that not everyone is capable of being a teacher. There are many personality traits that are required to be an effective teacher. The role that a teacher provides for the students is very important to the advancement of general knowledge and higher learning. An effective teacher has the power to shape and mold the lives of young children.... [tags: Teaching Education Philosophy]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- My Teaching Philosophy All of my life I have enjoyed helping others. I have also loved the classes I have had with a really good teacher. I think it’s a wonderful feeling to be able to help someone and to know that there is someone there to help me when I need it. I want to help teach the future leaders of this country, as well as those content with just being themselves and staying out of trouble. I honestly believe in Rosseau’s idea that children are born good and that things in society contribute to whether or not they are troublesome.... [tags: Philosophy of Teaching Education Teachers Essays]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Philosophy of Teaching Twelve years ago, I was not interested in becoming a teacher. I was content with my life. Then, I had two wonderful children. As they became school age, my opinion of teachers was immensely altered. I have spent countless hours within my children’s school, became personally connected to the wonderful individuals who were their teachers, and developed a respect for these tireless workers. These individuals have created a desire within me to enhance children’s lives and improve society through education.... [tags: Education Learning Careers Essays]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- I was extremely moved and inspired by the positive message and thematic undertones of the movie Radio. I have personally witnessed many children who have been subjected to discrimination and mistreatment. Needless to say, this had a direct impact upon their self-esteem and well-being. The story envokes the realization that anyone can be mentally liberated if they simply only open their eyes and behold the value of individuality. It is up to each of us to explore this meaning. Through compassion we can unlock the true purpose and meaning of ourselves and others.... [tags: education philosophy]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- Mathematics lesson plans have been designed for Year 3. Specific Content Descriptors used are Measurement and Geometry with the sub strand Using unit of measurement and Content Elaborations of Measure, order and compare objects using familiar metric unit length, mass and capacity (ACMMG061) (ACARA, 2014). A variety of learning and teaching strategies ensure appropriateness to the specific age group and actively engage learners. Within the lesson plan the curriculum design is focussed on engaging all students and catering for diverse needs.... [tags: Education, Pedagogy, Teacher]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- My Teaching Goals and Philosophy My goals upon graduating College are to go to graduate school while working days as a Science 5-9 teacher. I will seek masters in Biology and also one in Administration I feel with my specialty in science these two masters programs will be very beneficial to me as a teacher. Upon graduating from graduate school I plan to pursue a career in School Administration. My Philosophy on Education encompasses many areas but the result is an approach that I feel will educate a child in the best possible way.... [tags: Education Teaching Essays]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- Teaching Philosophy Statement There have been many teachers come and go in my life, but only a few really stand out. The reason I want to teach is because of these few teachers that have touched my life. A unique world of opportunity rests within an educational system. The ability to influence minds is a wonderful thing. I don’t want to be one of those ordinary teachers; I want to become an exceptional teacher. I want to be the teacher that everyone values. I understand that it will take a lot of hard work to become this type of teacher, but I’m willing to do so.... [tags: Education Teachers Teaching Essays]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Philosophy of Education Every high school student who plans to continue his or her education at a college or university has a reason. Some have plans to become doctors or lawyers. Other students have plans to become one of the most important members of our society, even more important than the president. Those students have plans of becoming a teacher. I am one such student. All my life, all I have ever wanted to do was teach. I loved school, for the most part. I had several teachers whom I adored.... [tags: Philosophy of Education]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Teaching Philosophy Statement Every year I have had a teacher who has always went that extra mile to make sure I thoroughly understood each and every lesson. For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a teacher; I want to be like all those teachers who helped me through the years. One particular teacher who seems to stick out in my mind, is Mr. Scott Vargo. He taught 10th grade Biology and 12th grade Anatomy and Physiology, both of which I took. I have to say I've never met a teacher like him; his teaching style was extremely unique.... [tags: Education Educational Educating Essays]
937 words (2.7 pages)