There are very few people that I come in contact with that would say that they never get stressed out. I am a college and I basically stay stressed and especially when it is time for midterms or finals. I began walking about three months ago and it has helped me tremendously. There are chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters that are stimulated while exercising. These neurotransmitters are responsible for balancing our moods and emotions and that can make you feel better and less stressed. In only one exercise session, you produce 90 to 120 minutes of relation response and some people call that state post-exercise euphoria or endorphin response. Exercising can make you feel much better about yourself, and the feeling of self-worth contributes a great deal to stress relief.
Exercising helps you reduce your weight, help you fight obesity, and maintain your w...
... middle of paper ...
... the end of your pregnancy, you often have trouble sleeping, and by exercising, it tires you and makes you work off extra energy so that you can sleep during the night. Exercise also assists in preparing you for childbirth by shortening labor, having fewer medical problems, and giving you endurance. I do not know any woman who would not appreciate those things.
Exercise is very beneficial to everyone that wants to stay fit and to keep their health in good shape for the future. I know many people that work out just thirty minutes a day and eat healthy and they are in the greatest shape of their life. So during the times you feel fat and lazy and just do not want to get up off the couch. Think if you go to your nearest gym and workout for thirty minutes to an hour you will feel so much better with yourself, and have so much energy throughout your day.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Health and Lifestyle implications: Exercise People with CAD have to take care of their health and lifestyle if they plan to reduce or eliminate CAD. Talk to a doctor to see if you are at your ideal weight or to see if you are at risk before starting a new exercise lifestyle. Always obtain approval from your to begin active exercise routines. If you are overweight or obese, losing weight and exercising can help your heart stay healthy and reduce risks for heart disease. Exercise makes your heart stronger which helps it pump more blood with each heartbeat.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Physical exercise]
1046 words (3 pages)
- The benefits of exercise are far-reaching. Clinical and epidemiological studies have demonstrated that regular aerobic exercise reduces the risk of death due to heart disease and stroke, aids in reducing weight, helps prevent diabetes mellitus, strengthens bones, and enhances immune function. The psychological benefits are also broad, and most studies suggest a positive relationship between physical fitness and mental achievement. The relationship between regular aerobic exercise and cardiovascular health and longevity is well established.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Lack of exercise is the cause of most health-related issues today. Americans are becoming ill every second from lack of exercise, yet nothing is being done to prevent these diseases. Diet plans and exercise programs are advertised in every corner, yet they are ignored. Many disorders and diseases are preventable, and even curable without the aid of modern technology. Regardless, the illnesses are at an all time high and show no sign of declining. What many individuals fail to realize is how essential fitness is to life.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- The word 'fitness' is very vague as fitness is built up of many factors. The main ones include, general Fitness, aerobic fitness and specific fitness. General fitness is the ability to meet the demands of every day life. General fitness is closely liked with health related fitness and it has several components including Strength the force muscles exert when they contact. Flexibility or suppleness, the range of movement at a joint. Speed, is the ability to move your body or a section of your body quickly.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
484 words (1.4 pages)
- You know that famous saying, "You are what you eat". Have you as the young generation of today forgotten this important rule. It is a proven fact that we are seeing more and more overweight people at younger ages. Eating too much fat not only increases the risk for developing heart disease, diabetes, or cancer, it is also the major contributor to those extra pounds of fat you may have added to your figure. Engaging in an exercise program can have dramatic effects on your weight and overall well-being.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
411 words (1.2 pages)
- The Benefits of Physical Exercise to the Human Body The benefits of physical exercise in humans far outweighs the harmful effects associated with exercise. A prescription of physical activity has been known to delay the onset or prevention of many chronic diseases. An improvement in heart function, lower blood pressure and improve functional capacity is noticed after just a few weeks of exercising. Physical activity will also result in an increase of lean muscle mass, promote weight maintenance, increased flexibility, and a generally stronger more fit individual.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
2471 words (7.1 pages)
- The first group of people to utilize the benefits of exercise were the Greeks. It was Aristotle a famous philosopher of the time who brought this concept to the people at the time. The word exercise means "Bodily exertion for the sake of developing and maintaining physical fitness." In today’s world you find people from all walks of life, age and sex exercising in some form or another. Whether it be running in a park or lifting weights in a gym, let’s face its here to stay. There are basically three types of exercise.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
412 words (1.2 pages)
- People spend millions of dollars every year on drugs that they are convinced that will help you lose weight, grow hair, reduce stress, anxiety, and plenty of other things. I wish I could have all of the money they have wasted on those products. What if they knew of something that would help them lose weight, improve cardiovascular health, help control stress, help improve muscle, bone, and joint health, benefit diabetic problems, and could do many other things to benefit their health. Exercise is something that is proven to help all of these things, but not a lot of people exercise on a regular basis.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Health Related Exercise Programme The objective of every training lesson is to improve my performance. Each session needs to be well planned to improve my fitness. The sport, which I have decided to improve for health and fitness, is Netball the position that I play is as Goal-defender. Training must include: warm up and warm down, practicing skills and various fitness activities linked to netball. This training is an example of Interval training, as I have to develop my fitness in a short time (5 sessions) by working hard and gaining fitness quickly.... [tags: Exercise Physiology]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Webster's dictionary defines exercise as bodily activity for the sake of health. Many people in today's society are health conscious. They know that if you exercise you will be helping the body feel better. It will also improve your health. This article explains the benefits of regular exercise. WebMD states that regular physical activity can help the body maintain, repair, and improve itself. Coronary Heart Disease is one of the leading problems for most African Americans. If brisk walking, running, cycling or swimming is done it increase muscle strength of the heart.... [tags: Health, Fitness]
309 words (0.9 pages)