Many of you received your first pet when you were
three. Buddy was his name and he was your cat. He was
your companion. He would curl up beside you for a
nap. He would listen when you talked. Though he wasn't
very good for giving you advice, you enjoyed his
company. You loved that cat and showed your
appreciation by carrying the cat around everywhere you
went. You had tea parties with him, you dressed him up
in you doll clothes, and made sure to tell him
goodnight before you went to bed. So by the time you
were five the cat was really broke in and knew how to
hide from you. Now you were telling your parents you
wanted a dog. Their response was that it is a big
responsibility to take care of a dog. Responsibility
was a big word to you when you were five. You were
determined to prove to your parents you could do it.
Because cats are more independent than dogs there is
more to taking care of dogs than just loving them.
Cats are a loner type they come to you when they want
attention and hide when they want to be alone. Dogs
crave your attention from their owners and act out
when they don't receive attention. Taking care of
your pets are a responsibility that you need to have.
Pet care involves taking you pet to the vet, giving
your pet a nutritious diet, and giving your pet plenty
First of all, it is recommended that you take your
pet to the vet at least once a year. Dogs and cats
alike can both benefit from regular yearly checkups.
This ensures that your pet can have a healthy life.
Also you can get many medicines that your pet might
need from you vetinarian. Like heartworm medicine for
example. Heartworm medicine should be given to your
pet at least o...
... middle of paper ...
...ove you unconditionally. Remember these three
important things about pet care, and your closest
friend will be with you for a long time. You will have
learned the responsibility of caring for your pet.
Sure at five you are not really going to understand
the full meaning of responsibility but you will learn
as you grow and your pet grows with you. Over the
years you will strengthen the bond and when it comes
to a time that you have to depart from your pet it
will be hard. But then you will have your own children
and you get them a pet to teach them responsibility,
just like your parents did for you. Having a pet
enhances the lives of the pet owners. It helps
children learn responsibility. But most of all having
a pet that you have grown to love can lead to a
happier, fuller life. Full of memories of a special
bond that formed between you had your pet.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Taking Care of Your Pet Many of you received your first pet when you were three. Buddy was his name and he was your cat. He was your companion. He would curl up beside you for a nap. He would listen when you talked. Though he wasn't very good for giving you advice, you enjoyed his company. You loved that cat and showed your appreciation by carrying the cat around everywhere you went. You had tea parties with him, you dressed him up in you doll clothes, and made sure to tell him goodnight before you went to bed.... [tags: Animals Essays]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Do you know how many animals are in the shelter and eventually put to death each year. According to the ASPCA, approximately 7.6 million companion animals enter animal shelters nationwide every year. Of those, approximately 3.9 million are dogs and 3.4 million are cats. Each year, approximately 2.7 million animals are euthanized. Adopting any breed of animal is a not only a big decision, but a substantial responsibility. Most people will do some form of research before making the decision to adopt.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Neutering, Pets]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- Two Works Cited In the short story, "Taking Care", by Joy Williams, a preacher deals learns to deal with his wife being in the hospital with a rare blood disease as well as taking care of his granddaughter while his daughter is away. His daughter, playing only a small role in the story, is still a rather round character. The author, Williams, depicts the characteristics of Jones's daughter very carefully through her actions. Although Jones's daughter is not a main character in this story, she does add various ideas for the reader to think about while reading the short story.... [tags: Williams Taking Care Essays]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Importance of Breeding and Adopting Many people believe that the only way to get a pet is to “buy” one without considering adopting, which is why I believe people should consider looking up better options and become more knowledgeable. There are so many reasons why someone shouldn’t buy a pet from a breeder, and so many benefits from adopting a pet from your local shelter/animal rescue. To start with, I believe that selling a dog/cat should become against the law. It is unfair to breed poor animals who probably do not want to be pregnant or become pregnant.... [tags: Dog, Pet, The Animals, Adoption]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Pros and Cons of Owning a Pet There are many pros and cons of owning a pet. For example, dogs and cats are both extraordinary pets to own. Especially the ones that are loving and caring to you. You know the saying, ‘‘ A dog is a man’s best friend.’’ Having a pet around is helpful to some people, it can provide them physical support, mental relaxation, and friendship. Have you ever wanted to own a pet and have a friend by your side. My first advantage is friendship. Friendship is the most important value to have with your pet.... [tags: Dog, Pet, If You Have to Ask, Dog health]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Motivation and Problem Statement Nowadays, people are busy in their daily life and having a lot of stress from their working area. Most of them would like to have a pet to accompany them in their daily life and also can release the stress that they received. For example, having a dog is a good choice for most people who want to have a pet. Dog not only a very good companions and also having deep emotional tie between people. Dogs will protect the people with literally lay down their lives.... [tags: gallery, hostel, photos]
2511 words (7.2 pages)
- The Burmese python is becoming a very popular pet for people today. So many people going to their local pet store and buying one of these animals as a pet without knowing the possible dangers that come along with owning one of these great snakes. “The Burmese python, one of the largest types of snake in the world, is an increasingly popular household pet.” writes (Herszenhorn 8). Just keeping this animal in a cage often times is not enough. The Burmese python can get as large as “18 feet, 8 inches” according to (The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission 1).... [tags: snake, wildlife, dangerous]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- Pet_Net had been off to a great start, but as of late, they have been under some scrutiny. Complications with two of Pet_Net’s dog sitters have placed the company in uncomfortable situations. The first event occurred while a Pet_Net dog sitter was taking a clients dog for a walk in a nearby park. At the moment, with nobody in sight, the sitter let the dog off of the leash. Moments later, a mother and child entered the park. The dog overexcitedly greeted the small child, knocking him over, and breaking his arm.... [tags: Dog, Puppy, Veterans Stadium, Fiduciary]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- "What's wrong with Charlie?" Claire asked as she held out her tiny hands with a motionless gold fish in her palm. "I was just playing with Charlie yesterday, but today he won't play." Claire's parents failed to realize that when their child begged them to buy her a pet, that she knew nothing of how to take care of a simple gold fish. She didn't understand that fish are not pets to be held or caressed like you would a kitten. This situation occurs more often than most people think. Whether it is a result of an impulsive purchase, emotion, or even a stray animal that you came across, many people do not take into consideration what owning a pet may entail.... [tags: Process Essay]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Owning a Pet Having a pet is a wonderful idea. Pets bring companionship, personality, and gut wrenching humor to households across the world. Having previously owned both a cat and a dog, and currently being without a pet, I began to think about getting a new furry friend. Born a dog lover, and bred into a cat lover, I had the difficult decision of choosing one of the two. When I was twenty-two years old, I answered an advertisement in the paper for free Labrador puppies. Driving up to the house, I saw all the little critters running around and having a ball of a time.... [tags: Dog Cat Pets Essays Papers Personal Narrative]
983 words (2.8 pages)