By overcoming any fear about buying a car online, consumers can get that dream car for a great price, safely and securely - possibly even for a better price than offline. Are you in the market for a new or used car? Would you like to get some advice on safety ratings for certain cars, fuel efficiency, or trade- in value? If so, the fueleconomy.gov/feg/ and Carsdirect.com could have the answers to all of your vehicle- related questions and more. These sites are smoe of the best automotive websites in the cyber world. They allow a buyer to find a vehicle, conduct research, make a purchase, obtain financing, and buy insurance, all from the comfort of your own home.
If you are engrossed in finding out which new vehicles are equipped with alternative fuel technology for sure fueleconomy.gov/feg/ is the site for you. There is tons of information here including a full list of new Alternative Fuel Vehicles(AFV’s), a glossary of Alternative Fuel Vehicle terms, Alternative Fuel Vehicle photos and videos , success stories and all case studies about AFV’s.
The site is very extensive and there are links to other excellent sites, such as the Office of Transportation Technologies. Navigation is easy and there is plenty of material here to help you understand that the premium you pay for an AFV can be recovered in cheaper operating costs, improved efficiency and reduced environmental impact.
It is such a great site . By far my beloved part is the Find and Compare Cars section of the website. There you can see how cars rate in terms of annual fuel costs, greenhouse gas emissions, MPG (and even switch to metric units) and the overall air pollution score. You can search out a ca...
... middle of paper ...
... in your area, it will check into its national network of dealers until it finds the one you want, then swap the car with another vehicle at a local dealer located near your place. The vehicle will be shipped directly to you, if necessary.
Carsdirect.com misses a couple of services and features that some other sites possess. For instance, there is no option to buy used cars or to get information on used cars in general . It lacks some features like information on local gas prices and traffic conditions, like some of the other car sites offer. But with Carsdirect.com you get a great service and a no- haggle price , just like the name implies. If you are in the market for a new car, you may want to look at this site. You have nothing to lose, so why not give it a shot? You may find your dream car.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Buying A Car at Auction We saved over $1,800 off the price local auto resellers were charging Let’s start by saying we personally hate buying cars. We find objectionable the way car dealers squeeze us for every penny, next after agreeing on a price, they bring up all kinds of add-ons, warranties, undercoating, top coating, roadside assistance, and security systems, and so forth. Oh, and lets not forget the fees. We have to admit to owning a 1999 Dodge Ram, purchased in 2000, with 170,000 miles and a 2002 Ford Taurus, purchased new from the dealer in 2001, with 207,000.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle, Vehicles, Auction]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- For many the process of buying a vehicle loan is intimidating. Understanding the loan process and preparing before shopping gets the financing in place faster. It starts with comprehending the foundation of a car loan. In most cases the loan begins at the dealership. Some buyers have an established relationship with banks or credit unions offering auto loans. In either case, loan conditions define how the amount borrowed gets paid back. The monthly payment includes the prevailing interest rate for the life of the loan.... [tags: Loan, Debt, Interest, Personal finance]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Taking out a car loan is what most consumers do when buying a car. Whether buying new or used, few people have thousands of dollars on hand to purchase a car. Car loans are available from banks, credit unions, financing companies, and dealers. Here’s what you need to know when shopping for a loan. Know Your Credit Score One big factor in car loans has everything to do with your credit. Specifically, if your credit score is strong, then you’ll have a better chance of getting approved for a car loan and at a favorable interest rate.... [tags: Debt, Loan, Interest, Personal finance]
712 words (2 pages)
- Honda, The Car Everyone Needs Beep. Beep. Beep. Goes the alarm clock in the other room. Oh man, surely it can't be time to get up yet, you think to yourself. As you scramble out of the bed and into the shower, the thought crosses your mind, I hope my car starts. You take the quickest shower possible and eat breakfast so fast you almost choke and then realize, I'm still going to be late for my 8 o'clock class. You race out of the house with your keys in your hand, jump into the car, and damn it won't start.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- The factors for price sensitivity in making a decision to purchase a personal computer there are several items that I would consider. Brand name is important along with the quality of the product. For example, I would purchase a Dell computer over an HP or ASUS because I know the quality is excellent, they have good warranties and I will be satisfied knowing the computer will last for several years. The features of the personal computer will depend on what my plan is for using the computer. For example, if I were going to use it just for the Internet, school and email I would not purchase a higher end computer.... [tags: Car rental, Car rental companies]
1271 words (3.6 pages)
- ... A parent, for example, would be interested in a lot of room and a lot of safety features for their families. That in mind, they might look for a Honda Pilot or a Dodge Caravan. After figuring out the type of vehicle you want, you must set a budget for yourself. This will help you get a good deal that doesn’t cost more than what you’re willing to spend. Buying a car that is used usually works in the buyer’s favor because you don’t need monthly or bi-weekly payments, there is variety, and the price can usually be negotiable.... [tags: dealer, buying a new car]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Different brands of cars available in the market today, have a variety of features to make them both safe and enjoyable. So, how do you see the wood from the trees and pick out your dream car. We all dream of having one of the hottest new brands of cars, but not everyone has the income for this. Car loan offers seem tempting and naturally, you will also be confused about which car is the best buy. It can be even more confusing browsing the internet with a multitude of options available to you. The first dilemma, of course, is whether to buy a brand new car, or to settle for a used car.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle, Internal combustion engine]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- So, are you interested in buying a new car, or at least a new used car. Well don’t let the problems of car buying deter you. Although buying a car can be an intricate and tedious process, there are certain guidelines even professional car buyers follow. With a few points of information on how to find the right car, the tedious car-buying process can be made easy. Car-buying really starts with what you want from your car. This is the most important step of all because buying something you really don’t want could be the biggest disappointment of all.... [tags: Automobile, Debut albums, 2008 albums, Need]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- New Employment Being nervous and excited is something that every teenager goes through on the first day of a new job. However, it is more exciting because they start working in a new environment it’s an entire different setting whether it’s your first, next or last job. Employees learn new skills, they get more income and you get choice of advancement. These are great opportunities to start off on a new job. When effort is included in a job there is a better outcome of permantly lasting on the job, it can even become your career in some cases.... [tags: Employment, At-will employment]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- “The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is the nation’s benchmark civil legislation, and it continues to resonate in America. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.” -United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary The Truth: Gender and Race in Retail Car Negotiations Think about your first car buying experience. Think about how exciting it was to get behind a wheel of your new or used car. Now, think about the process that went into buying the car.... [tags: discrimination, gender gap, car buying]
1494 words (4.3 pages)