Well it was almost eight o’clock and here I was running around my house frantic trying to get last minute things finished. For a while there I was going mad trying to decide what we should eat. I figured since they where all respectable people that some fine wine was to ...
... middle of paper ...
...s out there that are keeping an eye out for shady businesses. It is good to tell people that there is something they can do about it, most people do nothing. Everyone should be aware that they should file consumer reports like Julia Walker said. It's the only way to protect you're self after something has happened, and it is also one of the only ways to help you recover what you lost. All in all I felt very satisfied with the dinner. Besides just being a nice evening it was also a very informative one. I learned a lot of things about online shopping that not most people know and that they should know.
Sites to go to:
Jesse Berst- Online Shopping: http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_2754.html
Molly Masland- MSNVC Online Shopping: http://www.msnbc.com/news/283239.asp
Julia Walker: Online Shopping: http://shoppingspot.com/consumerinfo/fraud.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nostalgia. It’s delicate but, potent. It is something more powerful than any memory. It is an everlasting feeling. A feeling that we yearn to feel, even if it is just once more in our lifetime. That moment for me takes place at 7324 Johnston Drive, right outside of of Cleveland, Ohio. Now similar to a food recipe, my perfect dinner experience also requires a recipe, but instead of flour and eggs as ingredients, it requires specific people and even animals. It requires family. My parents got divorced when I was eleven, so the memories of those dinners have faded.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Dinner]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Dinner of a Lifetime Often times when you go out to dinner, you bring someone special or important to you. You would not just bring any random person to dinner. That person mostly likely means something to you. There are many people, where if I had a chance to I would go out to dinner with. However, if it came down to a top 3 it would have to be my late dad, Barack Obama, and LeBron James in that order. I know I would have endless questions and statements for them because of how special they are too me.... [tags: President of the United States, Barack Obama]
702 words (2 pages)
- Money—in the form of gold bars or paper faces, currency has been a system used in almost every modern society to regulate exchange and to represent wealth. While it is an effective bureaucratic system, money creates inevitable social divides. In the vein of philosopher and sociologist Karl Marx in his famous work, The Communist Manifesto, the haves and have-nots are in a constant struggle between oppressor and oppressed. The Dinner, a novel by Herman Koch, chronicles a brief encounter between the narrator and main character, Paul, Claire, Serge, and Babette, his wife, brother, and his sister-in-law, respectively.... [tags: Karl Marx, Marxism, Working class, Social class]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Dinner with the Experts Beep. Beep. “Okay, now what was that timer for?” I said to myself. “Oh, it’s the steak!” Once the tray was safely on the table, I took off my oven-mitts and crept towards the door to peak in and spy on my guests. The dinner party invitation said to arrive at six o’clock, but I was not surprised to open my door to Ellen and Sherrie at 5:15. They rang the doorbell at least a dozen times in the thirty seconds it took me to get to the door. I found two middle aged women decked out in trendy clothes, the sort a teenager might wear.... [tags: Personal Narrative Online Dating Essays]
1723 words (4.9 pages)
- Trimalchio hosts’ a farewell dinner which is a dinner given to gladiators who were about to face wild beasts in the arena. Trimalchio is a Semitic name based on the word for “prince” and he is a high living individual. However, a well-born Roman reader would not approve of his attitudes and behavior. You get a good sense of what Trimalchio is like early on in the story when he is in the middle of talking to Menelaus and snaps his fingers for a slave to bring him a pot. When the slave brings the pot to Trimalchio he peed in it, asked for water and then used the slave’s hair to dry his hands.... [tags: Ancient Rome]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- Dinner is Served I ran into the kitchen to perform some last minute preparations for the night’s joyous festivities. I could smell the inviting aroma of the freshly smoked salmon which I had smothered in a light cabernet sauce and topped with dill to complete the presentation. I must admit that I was quite nervous in regards to the night that lay ahead. I quickly set the table because dinner was to be served in fifteen minutes. I could see the look of anxiety on my face through the reflection of the recently polished silver and stemware.... [tags: Technology Food Papers]
2686 words (7.7 pages)
- A Place to Remember When I was sixteen years of age, my Gram, Aunt Jamie, and I went to Scotland. We visited many places, such as Edinburgh, Sterling, and Dumfries. We also visited Arundel, Windsor, and London in England. The most exciting part of our trip was when we went and saw the house my Grandad born in and the family house. As I looked at those houses, I felt like I was home, I had found the place I was supposed to be. All my life I have known who I was and where I was from, I am Scottish, my Grandad was born in Scotland, so in a way, I am from Scotland as well.... [tags: Personal Narrative Descent Essays]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- How to Prepare a Thanksgiving Dinner Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate our joys with friends and family. Unfortunately, if you are the person designated to cooking the holiday dinner, the joys can turn into complete and total fear. I'll never forget the first time I made Thanksgiving dinner for twenty family members and friends. I waited until the last minute to start and the dinner ended in a complete disaster. In the years following that failure, I have learned that preparing a Thanksgiving dinner is easy...if you plan ahead.... [tags: Expository Process Essays]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Dinner Party I walked out into my dinning room where I had been mulling over the table all day. I wanted everything to be just so. I glanced at the place settings for the hundredth time, trying to decide if I should sit Alfred Zingale and Matthias Arndt next to each other. It wasn’t that I was worried about conflicting views, actually it was quiet the contrary, and I didn’t want them to be able to double team the other guests. Finally I decided that just because they have essentially the same opinions, I wouldn’t separate them.... [tags: Personal Narrative Companies Business Papers]
2324 words (6.6 pages)
- Victorian Dinner Parties Victorian dinner parties where associated with the upper class, not usually the middle class, and were attended by eminent guests of status. Lord Steyne, a character from the novel Vanity Fair, would have been invited to many such parties were he a real person who lived in that Era. The Victorian hostess had to consider three main things: The Guests At Victorian dinner parties, the hostess invited guests from the upper class of society. Typically, she invited one guest of honor, an eminent gentleman (Margetson 73).... [tags: Victorian Era]
644 words (1.8 pages)