For those of you that do not already know me I'm the bride's "slightly" older sister. When she first asked me to give her away I felt two things, the first was one of extreme and enormous pride that she'd asked me, and the second Was "Oh my God" I have to do a speech. But please don't worry, this won't take too long.
I would like to thank the priest for a lovely service, the priest's boss for keeping an eye out on the weather, and the beautiful bridesmaid. I am also delighted to have my mom, sisters, and brother here today to celebrate this day, one which I hope is the start of many more "happiest days of their life."
My sister has given me, and all of my family some incredibly happy and joyous moments over the years. She was a delight to grow up with, and has always provided us with some memorable moments. Having known her all her life I have a huge library of stories to leave her embarrassed and humiliated, but out of respect for her on her big day I have decided not to tell them.
So I'm not going to tell you about the milkma...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Thankful Wedding Speech by the Bride Anyone who knows me well enough will know that it is hard to keep me quiet and today is no exception - I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks, although I promise to keep it short. The main reason I wanted to make a speech was to personally say thank you to some very special people who have contributed to today: (To the groom) Firstly, and most importantly, you've made me so happy since we met two years ago and today is the happiest day of my life.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
424 words (1.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride You may well be wondering what the Bride is doing making a speech. Well, those of you who know me well, know that I always have talked too much and usually find a way to get my two cents worth in so it probably is no surprise. I also wanted to say thank you to those deserving in my own words. When I met Ray, I was totally off men and relationships, so it is a more than a little surprising to find myself standing here just under two years later. I have my sister to thank for this remarkable conversion, as she was the Cilla Black wannabe who got us together – with all the subtlety of Blind Date I might add.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride I wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm trying to have the last word here but I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks and those of you who know me well enough will agree that it's usually hard to keep me quite. Well today is no exception, so here we go. I feel privileged to be sharing our day with most of the friends and family who have been important to us during our lives. Many of you have travelled from afar:- South Africa, Botswana and even the UK, and some of you have had 0to take time off work to be here.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech for a Sister of the Groom Ladies and Gentlemen you'll be pleased to know I am only going to speak for a couple of minutes because of my throat..... if I go on too long Angie has threatened to cut it. However, before I begin, on behalf of John and Angie I would like to thank everyone who has helped to make this the special day that it is - and I think we can all agree it has been splendid so far. Well, I knew it would be difficult to follow a speech made by John and I was right ....... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Bride Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Neal, the bride's brother. On behalf of my mother, Mrs. Lian White, I wish to thank you all for coming to celebrate this special occasion with us. We are so happy that so many of our friends and relatives are able to come here to enjoy this splendid occasion with us. Today seems like a magical dream. This morning, I proudly walked my sister down the aisle to marry Paul, the man whom she loves so much. It was so beautiful to watch them exchanging their vows in that beautiful stained glass church.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Thank you for that welcome, I haven’t had applause like that since Frank’s bachelor party in Angels lap dancing club. Ladies and Gentlemen, for those of you who don’t know me I’m Mike, Claire’s Dad and on behalf of my wife Angela and I, I would like to welcome you all here today to celebrate the marriage of our daughter Claire to Frank I would like to welcome Frank’s Mum, Margaret, partner Don, sister Helen and husband Simon as well as all our relatives and friends.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Bride For those of you who don't know me I'm Anna's brother Kevin and I'm here today to say a few words on behalf of our father. Unfortunately Ron is unable to be here today due to ill health. Nevertheless it goes without saying that he passes on all his love and best wishes to Anna and Melvin on their special day. When Anna asked me to give her away I was deeply honored. But all I could think was God I'll have to make a speech. To be honest standing here I feel a bit like a sheik walking into his harem for the first time.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
709 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Distinguished guests, those of dubious distinction and those of no distinction, family, relatives, in-laws and outlaws, young and old, friends, friends of friends, freeloaders and hangers-on – let me extend a warm welcome to Meradith and Naren’s wedding reception celebration. Winston Churchill was apparently asked to address a prep school and he got up and said, “Never, Never, Never give up!” then he sat down. Well you are not going to get away quite as easily as that, but I will try to be brief.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Cory and I feel privileged to be sharing our day with all of our fiends and families who have been important to us during our lives. Many of you traveled from afar, Canada, Seattle, Illinois, Colorado and Arizona. Thanks to all of you for the efforts and sacrifices you have made to be with us today. I want to thank the most wonderful parents a child could ever have. Not only for the love, support and guidance over the years, but also for everything you’ve done towards today. Your massive contribution has been priceless and without you both we would have never managed and today would not have been possible or so special.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
256 words (0.7 pages)
- Good evening everyone. Hope you are all having a great time. I will try to keep this brief as I am eagerly anticipating that part of the night when the best man humiliates the groom. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Craig, Rebecca’s oldest brother. The middle child Trent, is seat over there. He is going to love me saying that When Rebecca first asked me some weeks ago if I would make a speech today my first thought was WHY. But then as I sat down to put pen to paper and goggled wedding speeches last night, I was overwhelmed by strange feelings of happiness and pride for my baby sister and her big day.... [tags: essays research papers]
1168 words (3.3 pages)