As I continue to traverse down the congested street I see many more craft booths. Some of the booths are filled with hats, shirts, and an assortment of jewelry. Scents fill the air as well. The overwhelming scent of sauerkraut is very heavily in the air now. Sauerkraut hot dogs and bratwurst, as well as "kraut-burgers," which are hamburgers with sauerkraut on them, are being sold to help thicken the aroma.
As I draw closer to the heart of the festival I hear music playing in the distance. I become curious and begin to try and walk a little faster. I come to the corner, sit on the stairs leading from the local bank, and listen to the band playing on the stage set up in the bank parking lot. It is an all male band with female line dancers dancing in front of the stage. The band is wea...
... middle of paper ...
...estival because I am getting very annoyed at the people here. Once getting around all of the heavy traffic, I hear music again. I squeeze through the crowd, which is not moving at all, and the booths finally end. I find myself at a real traffic jam of cars, sitting on the road waiting at a red light, and one of the cars has its radio up quite loud. Then a police officer holds traffic and the massive group of people that I squeezed through all rushes across the road. I go with them and then return to my car.
The trip to the festival was great, but I am not big into crafts. I would have a much greater time at the festival if the crowd was not so big; this way I can take all of the time that I need, and not have to worry about stepping on someone or running into someone. I now appreciate all of the time that the village puts into the festival. They do a great job.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- National Cherry Blossom Festival The festival I have picked to do is the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C. I thought this festival was interesting because it is not just an average festival with delicious food, live music and countless family and friend activities, but a festival to celebrate and honor a friendship between two countries. I think that this is a festival everyone should go and see at least once in their life. The atmosphere of the people there and the color of the blossoms is just breathtaking, it is not something you can just look at from a photo, for a photo cannot capture the true beauty of it.... [tags: Festival, Washington DC, Festival Paper]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- TomorrowLand is a festival that’s held in Belgium annually. To put in perspective its popularity, it sells its capacity of tickets, 180,000, in less than an hour. Tomorrowland is arguably the most popular festival in the world. I’m going to discuss Tomorrowland’s transition to America and its effect on the American culture and musical trends. Tomorrowland debuted in Boom, Belgium, August 14th, 2005. The festival was founded by Manu and Michiel Beers, featuring up and coming electronic or EDM artists.... [tags: the most popular music festival in the world]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- The event itself was a musical performance, showcasing the talents of Ondatrópica, a band originating from Columbia performing at the Festival International Nuits D’Afrique. An experience I will not soon forget, it was an impressive display of skilled musicianship and cultural pride, which could be described as a “Columbian block party” indoors. The music, filled with uplifting, jubilant Latin American sounds and rhythms, provided attendees with a spectacular concert experience. As such, the Ondatrópica concert is an example of how “festival” (MacAloon 246) can bring together individuals for a time of celebration, joy and social connection, while also providing a sense of “re-enchantment” (P... [tags: Performance, Music, Festival, Audience]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- Yupik Feasts There were many festivals in the Yup’ik culture but few of them we know today. There was a feast that was called Bladder festival and it was mainly to honor the soul of the seals. The Messenger festival, there was a festival for it because everything was so scarce a long time ago. There was also a feast called Feast of the dead but it rarely occurred, and it was a feast for the reborn. Bladder Festival Bladder festival was one of the special events for nukalpiaqs, meaning the great yupik hunters even for the Yup’ik community.... [tags: Life, Soul, Festival, Festivals]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Film Festival Start ups Silicon Valley fairly bursts with life and energy. Everywhere you look new companies, ideas and innovations are on the move and on the rise. Welcome to the land of start ups; small companies with a dream who survive and thrive by skill, luck and sheer tenacity. While the term usually describes high tech concepts, start-ups abound in the Valley - from the small catering company on the comer to the neighborhood printing shop down the street to the local film festival. Yes, that's right - film festival.... [tags: Movies Films Film Festivals Essays]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- The influential value system in Thailand which I decided to choose as the main topic of this report is, one of the most well-known Thai traditional festival, Songkran festival or Water Splashing festival. The reason why I chose this problem is that, despite Songkran festival is considered to be one of the main enjoyable Thai traditional custom promoting events which not only attract Thai people, but also foreign tourists to join. However, undeniably, it has the ethics-related issues in some perspectives which are quite questionable and need to be seriously concerned as well e.g.... [tags: influential value system in Thailand]
1761 words (5 pages)
- Delving back into my thoughts four and a half months ago, I had no idea that the Global Peace Film Festival (GPFF) and our Peace Through Film class would have such an impact on my mindset and motivations. Because of my previous involvement in the Sydney Film Festival (SFF), I had a small inkling of what the GPFF would be like, but I was not prepared for the effect it would have on my attitude. Additionally, it was incredibly refreshing to be introduced to film writing, which was previously a foreign subject to me.... [tags: Movie theater, Film]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Summer is the time for renewal and a chance to start over. Summer is the time when Japanese go all out in their festivals. You’ll see fireworks and beautifully colored paper mache floats. When you think of summer in Japan, you might imagine all the young girls wearing a yukata, or a summer kimono. You will see masses of people eating shaved ice-cream in the hot, humid weather. Not only are there winter and spring festivals, but there are summer festivals as well. Some festivals that occur during this season are: Sendai Tanabata Matsuri, O-bon, Hakata Gion Yamakasa Festival, Nebuta Festival and the Dai-Chochin Matsuri.... [tags: japanese festivals, yamakasa]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- The Panathenaia was the most important festival celebrated in ancient Athens. It was the state festival honoring the city's patron diety, Athena. The Panathenaia, literally meaning "the Rites of all Athenians", was celebrated annually. Every four years, though, it was celebrated on a much greater scale. This was called the "Greater Panathenaia." It took place from the 23rd to the 30th of the Hekatombaion, the fiirst month of the Athenian calendar year, approximately our month of July. The main day of the festival was the 28th, for this was thought to be Athena's birthday.... [tags: ancient modern sport athletic competition]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- The Origin and Foundation The Olympian games were founded in 776 BC. The Greek people used athletic victory as an outlet for their aggression. In a country filled with civil war this was a way to bind the nation together. There are several myths about the establishment of the Olympic games: Pelops & Hippodameia King Oinomaos held a competition for suitors of his daughter, Hippodameia. In this contest, the young man was to challenge the king himself to a chariot race. The suitor, unarmed, had a head start.... [tags: ancient modern sport athletic competition]
1481 words (4.2 pages)