Welcome, everyone. I believe, that as father of the bride, it is my dubious privilege to make the first speech, so, here's one I prepared earlier.
I would like to start by saying what a pleasure it is to welcome, on this very happy occasion all relatives and friends of both families. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank especially my wife for not only being tolerant but more importantly an outstanding mother and the guiding influence in the upbringing of our daughter, culminating in today's celebrations.
To the reverend, our thanks for officiating at the ceremony, and to his "boss” for keeping the weather at bay.
Before I ask you to join me in a toast to the bride and groom. I'd like to bore you with a few words. I will try to keep them short. as I know that the other speakers are really looking forward to standing here before you and making their speeches!
Nine months ago Nicola phoned and asked me what I was doing on Saturday, 23 March. As she knows that I always play golf on a Saturday, I thought she had taken up the game ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Thank you for that welcome, I haven’t had applause like that since Frank’s bachelor party in Angels lap dancing club. Ladies and Gentlemen, for those of you who don’t know me I’m Mike, Claire’s Dad and on behalf of my wife Angela and I, I would like to welcome you all here today to celebrate the marriage of our daughter Claire to Frank I would like to welcome Frank’s Mum, Margaret, partner Don, sister Helen and husband Simon as well as all our relatives and friends.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Well, good afternoon everyone, for those of you that don?t know me my name is Lee and I?m Janie?s dad, and in keeping with tradition, it is my honor and privilege to deliver the ?Father of the Bride Speech?. Having to make this speech is one of the few opportunities in a married man?s life when he is allowed to do all of the talking...and I intend to make the most of it. Now, giving a speech can be a little stressful so I will put into practice what I preach, that is...always remember the ABC to the XYZ of public speaking.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Sentimental Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride This speech uses quotes that are skillfully woven into his more personal message, which is a good way of adding humor and providing the speaker with material that is neither offensive or dull. He also includes several jokes that are popular in wedding speeches, but has given his own twist on them to add originality Ladies and gentlemen, may I start my speech by welcoming the guests. Today, we are surrounded by most of the friends and family that have been important to us during our lives.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- Touching Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride (to the crowd) As Father of the Bride, I am honored to be the first to speak this evening. I would like to begin by welcoming each and every one of you on this joyous occasion. It is good to see so many friends and family here today to help celebrate Paula and Manson’s wedding. I would also like to remember those who have meant so much to our family, but could not be here today. (to Manson) At this time, I would like to take this opportunity to formally and wholeheartedly welcome Manson into our family.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
472 words (1.3 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech Delivered by the Father of the Bride I want to thank all of you for coming and helping Rick and Melissa celebrate this important day in their lives. I've tried to memorize this speech, which isn't easy when you have the memory retention of a geriatric goldfish, so please forgive me if I resort to my notes - probably every five seconds. I did ask for an autocue to be set up in front of me, but apparently the wedding budget doesn't stretch that far... And neither does my eyesight The most important people here for Rick, are Ellen and Terry.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Touching Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Ladies and Gentlemen, all of my guests, I cannot tell you how pleased I am today to see my daughter Anna looking so radiantly happy, as she begins her life with Steven. My wife and I do feel that we are losing Anna, but entrusting her to Steven?s good care. During the past few months as we have got to know him better, he has shown himself to be exactly the sort of person we had hoped Anna would marry . charming, sincere, and reliable . with a clear idea of what he wants from life and how to achieve it.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Distinguished guests, those of dubious distinction and those of no distinction, family, relatives, in-laws and outlaws, young and old, friends, friends of friends, freeloaders and hangers-on – let me extend a warm welcome to Meradith and Naren’s wedding reception celebration. Winston Churchill was apparently asked to address a prep school and he got up and said, “Never, Never, Never give up!” then he sat down. Well you are not going to get away quite as easily as that, but I will try to be brief.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Heart Felt Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Thank you Ralph for that introduction – I must say that you are looking a great deal better tonight than when I last saw you after Polly’s 21st in the morning at our home. That was not a pretty sight. GENERAL Ladies and Gentlemen I am delighted to welcome you here tonight to celebrate the Marriage of Polly and Justin. I know that many of you have travelled many thousands of Kilometres to be here with us, and I welcome you and thank you for being here.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1337 words (3.8 pages)
- Sentimental and Humorous Speech by the Father of the Bride Ladies and gentlemen, it is my very pleasant duty to welcome you here this evening to this special occasion of celebrating this marriage. I'm sure that you will all agree on how radiant and gorgeous the bride is. However the groom is not too bad himself. I know that some of you have traveled quite a distance to be with us here tonight, from both overseas and interstate. We really thank you and welcome you here tonight and hope that you really do enjoy yourselves accordingly.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Father of the Bride Speech with Humor, Sentiment, and Love (Stand up, mobile phone in hand)” Well thank you vicar it is a bit inconvenient at the moment I am just about to start the speeches." I’m afraid there's been a bit of a hiccup in the proceedings; the vicar has just phoned to say that we have to do the registry signing all over again. It appears that the groom’s pen wouldn’t work so he borrowed the vicar’s. He was still having problems so the vicar said. "Put your weight on it”(To the bride) I’m afraid that you are now Mrs.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
987 words (2.8 pages)