When the car industry comes to mind, you think of Detroit. When oranges come to mind, you think of Florida. When pornography comes to mind, you think of the Internet. Almost everything in today’s society has its place, and the place for the pornography industry is the Internet. Being almost inevitable, pornography has become part of everyone’s Internet experience. Whether its junk e-mail or a nasty pop-up for $3.99 a month subscriptions, its hard to say that there isn’t anyone out there who hasn’t been exposed to Internet pornography in one way or another. One reason for this is the overwhelming size the pornography industry has grown to become. For some, the easy access to the industry has allowed for millions of dollars to be made. For others, this has caused serious problems. Parents who have children know what troubles Internet pornography can bring. Not only do actual pictures and services provide a venue for profits to be made, but software preventing the easy access has became more popular as well.
If your thinking of starting your own business, try starting you own porno site. With millions of users daily the Internet is an entrepreneur's paradise. A subscriber’s list of five thousand people with a monthly fee of $3.99 will generate over 200,000.00 a year in profits. With the profit potential so high it’s no wonder why the industry has grown to be so big. The dollar signs are not all that encourage participation in this industry. The thought of working from home and making your own hours are one of many fringe benefits. Having to only update your site once a week leaves a lot of room for time off. Of course, the pornography industry doesn’t stop with...
... middle of paper ...
...ssfully block access to any and all forms of pornography has yet to be invented. Who knows, maybe that’s where the next noble prize lays.
Pornography on the Internet has affected our society in numerous ways. From the increased controversy it causes to its support in the economy, Internet pornography looks like it’s going to be around for the long run. Whether you’re an avid surfer of porn on the net or an old granny in rejection of its existence, rest assured that it’s not all its cracked up to be. If your worried that things are going to get out of hand don’t just sit around and wait for others to act. Writing letters in support of your opinion to congressman and legislators may prove worthwhile in the long run. For those of you who feel the porn industry couldn’t be doing better, keep your heads up, things could suddenly turn for the worst.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since their founding, computers and the Internet have become a tool that nearly every man, woman, and child in the World have been able to use. E-mail has become one of the Worlds fastest growing ways of communication and the Internet has become one, if not the largest source of information available today. You can find just about everything you wanted to know about anything with the stroke of a few keys on the keyboard. However, along with these positive aspects of the Internet, there lies much negativity surrounding the internet and its use.... [tags: Pornography Censorship]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- Porn, its everywhere. Go to any major search engine and you are well on your way to viewing some of the finest cyber porn around. No age verification, no credit card required, all it takes is just a couple of clicks on the mouse. But wait a second, why is it so easy, was it always like this. Not really, as we have seen, the Internet and the pornography industry have come together to make quite an explosion that has brought many issues to the surface. It's a scary fact to realize that 83.5% images available on the Internet are pornographical.... [tags: Internet Pornography Essays]
2226 words (6.4 pages)
- In recent years, the term pornography has been primarily associated with that which is accessed and streamed over the internet, rather than the literal definition of, “obscene writings, drawings, photographs, or the like, especially those having little or not artistic merit.” This form of visual pornography is a popular and successful business as it is viewed for fulfilling pent up sexual desires, however it promotes the act of having multiple sex partners without the need of any commitment. Although it is for this reason that this business is permitted, there are many overlooked, long – term affects that have become topics of controversy.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1051 words (3 pages)
- The Internet has become such a vast and quickly growing technology that law makers have had difficulty keeping up with the technological advances within the internet grid and the sick minds of individuals. One specific area of concern is internet safety regarding minors, especially in the area of pornography. There is a controversy that surrounds the policing of the Internet for illicit activities such as pornography that has been going on since the early 1990’s between the U.S. government and the American Civil Liberties group that claims policing the Internet would take away personal freedoms from Americans in the form of freedom of speech.... [tags: COPA, Minors, Predators]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- Imagine a place where you have access to anything and everything one could want. Some would say that is only existent in a utopia, and some would say that describes the Internet. Many adults go on to the net and access pornographic material that would be unsuitable for children. This is called cyberporn. The controversy lies in the fact that children are accessing these materials also. Government, activist groups, and concerned parents are fighting to regulate obscene material found over the Internet to protect children.... [tags: Internet Censorship]
2388 words (6.8 pages)
- Since the internet has been available in schools and libraries in this country, there has been a debate about what should be accessible to users, especially minors. The amount of information disseminated on the world wide web is vast, with some sources valuable for scholarly and personal research and entertainment, and some sources that contain material that is objectionable to some (ie. pornography, gambling, hate groups sites, violent materials). Some information potentially accessible on the internet such as child pornography and obscenity is strictly illegal and is not protected under the First Amendment.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Internet Censorship 2014]
1800 words (5.1 pages)
- Since the internet is so easy, accessible and essentially unregulated, it leaves room for many controversies, including electronic commerce, credit card fraud, invasion of privacy and more. One of the most controversial problems is internet pornography. Imagine receiving unwanted e-mail and suddenly get sent nude pictures of people and links which invite you to more of what they have already shown. Think about your son, daughter or even yourself being on a music site and you accidentally click a link and before you now it you are being subjected to hard core pornography.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- When deliberating over whether access to pornography should be prohibited, four areas of contention must be elaborated upon and evaluated critically to provide a sensible basis on which a judgement can be made. Firstly, it must be concluded whether pornography can be classed as a form of speech, and whether it enjoys the same protections as art and literature under the principle. Secondly, works such as those of Catherine MacKinnon can be drawn upon to offer a feminist perspective of the effects of pornography on the treatment of women within modern democratic society.... [tags: Free Speech, First Amendment]
2299 words (6.6 pages)
- In the essay "Television: The Plug-In Drug" by Marie Winn, the author explains how television separates people from each other. Television, she claims, replaces the human contact by keeping the television viewers interested in the television programming instead of having a human companion. In the essay "Dearly Disconnected" by Ian Frazier, the author describes the cell phone as an object that will take out the payphones, increase human contact and decrease privacy. For example, televisions and cell phones have left their marks in history, and the Internet is now making an entrance with the same controversy as television and cell phones in their times.... [tags: Internet Technology Pros Cons]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- With the bountiful amount of unrestricted information available on the internet many people believe that some of this information should be censored by the United States Government. Who's to say what should be accessible and what should not. Where does it start and stop. Does internet censorship make a nation a safer place to live. There are many countries that don’t allow the use of the internet at all and some countries only censor what they don’t want their citizens to know. Daniel Calingaert said “The internet has provided greater space for free expression in countries where traditional broadcast and print media are restricted” (64).... [tags: free speech, freedom, United States]
1199 words (3.4 pages)