I was always an active person from being in sports to hanging out with friends. I always had something planned, or came up with something on the fly. My junior year in high school was a very tough time for me. I was involved in a lot of activities, organizations, and clubs. I was very active in one organization where I had to be up at school every morning at 7:15 for that meeting. Meaning I would not leave school sometimes until 6:45 to 7:00 in the evening. On the weekends I would have something to do either with friends or family. I would never go a weekend with nothing to do. Either I was out running errands or at the mall buying some new clothes.
The problem came in on November 22, 2000 at an away game at North Side High. It was the third quarter ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Crash- Personal Narrative I struggle out of bed, and wake up to a chilly winter morning. One of those mornings that make your cheeks redden from the first whip of the cold winter air, and an almost immediate tensing of your muscles. Having no time to spare I have to get into my car without being able to warm it up. Making me have to battle the cold for the six block trip to the high school parking lot to meet up with my friend for our morning ritual of smoking a cigarette. I jump out of my freezing car and get into his S-10 pickup.... [tags: Papers]
406 words (1.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Shoulder Injury I felt it pop, and pain engulfed my shoulder like ants cover an anthill that has been stirred with a stick. It made me angry, but it didn't help things to get mad. There was nothing I could do but try to recover in time to start over. Giving up wasn't an option. My junior year in high school, I went out for basketball. I liked it for a while, but when games started I was on JV. It was okay, but I was only getting to play two minutes per game. This didn't make me very happy.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Soccer Injury I went into my junior spring soccer season kind of sad, my past coach, wasn't going to be our team coach this year. I wasn't really depressed though, because I had tons of friends that were playing this year. One of the great things about soccer is that it is not a school-sanctioned sport. To me this said that I was able to play another season of soccer with my friends from Paonia and Hotchkiss without the normal High School rivalry between these schools. Year after year, the schools pulled pranks on each other, sometimes nothing big, but sometimes something big.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1497 words (4.3 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Football Injury The nerves are raging, mainly in his stomach as the butterflies flutter till no end. "Is everything ok. Will everything go as planned?" He couldn't stop thinking about what might happen. Images were racing wild as he thought about his teammates going to battle without him. He couldn't comprehend why he had to let them handle it on their own. He has played with them since they were in eighth grade, and when they need him the most, all he can do is sit and cheer.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Knee Injury Prevention and Conditioning An estimated 50 million Americans have suffered or are suffering knee pain or injuries. Most of these pains, sprains, and strains could probably have been avoided with proper conditioning (Fox, 147). I have had knee pain since my freshmen year of high school and have finally taken the initiative to find some exercises that will help ease this pain, and build muscle strength in the surrounding areas to avoid another possible injury. Getting the support muscles of my legs in shape is one good way to lower the risk of knee injury.... [tags: Papers]
504 words (1.4 pages)
- Personal Narrative: My Brother's Sports Injury The social forces of the world today have a tremendous impact on a person's life. Social forces can make you change the way you think, the way you act, and even your personality, especially on early teens. In some cases people don't realize it is changing them. My brother, Beau, attends school in Shawnee, Oklahoma. He is a 4.0 honor student and president of his class. He plays football, basketball, baseball, and wrestles. He is "Mr. Popular" amongst his fellow classmates, but on February 5, 1999 this would all change.... [tags: Papers]
444 words (1.3 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Christian Apologetics Two weeks of this past summer rank high as some of the most rewarding times of my life. Next to my salvation, the experience has become an important turning point of my youth. This experience changed my worldview into a biblical perspective, and strengthened my faith in the Lord. For the first time, I was on my own, flying cross-country to spend two weeks in Colorado, not for a vacation I might add. I was to attend a Christian apologetics course sponsored by Summit Ministries.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
340 words (1 pages)
- Knee Ligament Injury Your knees are mobile joints that allow you to walk, climb, sit, and kneel. Ligaments stabilize your knee joints for these movements. When you injure a ligament, it may feel as though your knee won’t even hold you up. Fortunately, you and your healthcare team can work together to return you to an active lifestyles. Two ligaments in the knees are most likely to be injured. The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is in the center of the knee. It is often injured by a twisting motion, such as pivoting wrong or falling awkwardly.... [tags: essays research papers]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Devastating Knee Injury I thought I was invincible. I tried to be the best on the team, I worked hard and everything fell into place, that is, until my junior year. The basketball season was going well. Christmas break was coming up and after it, we would start our league games. Our first league game was Paonia, our biggest rivals yet to step into Delta County. The game started off intense. One minute and 30 seconds into the game, Paonia fouled, so we lined up for the free throw. I stood there, looking at the clock thinking, "I've got plenty of time." We made the free throws.... [tags: Reflection Memoir Essays]
1062 words (3 pages)