I first started playing volleyball at a very young age. I was in the seventh grade when my volleyball career started. My sister started playing in the seventh grade and I just wanted to follow her footsteps. My seventh grade year was ok because I had just started out and really didn’t know the game. There was A team and a B team, where A team was better than the B team. I tried my best to be on the A-team, but guess where I ended up, on the B team.
No matter what team I was on I never gave up. I was so determined that my eight-grade year was going to be different. Sure enough, I ended up on the A-team in the eight-grade. I thought that was the most wonderful thing in the world; I though all wrong. I did nothing but ride the bench. I hardly e...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It was a warm summer day; about two weeks after my senior year had begun. My friends and I were having a typical Sunday, lounging around, tired from the night before, and trying to find fun ways to pass the time. We started by playing some Xbox, and while shooting each other and other people was fun, it soon grew tiresome and we were again, back to where we started. About twenty minutes after another sleepy silence, we went outside to the beautiful weather and played some football. Although it was nice to be outside enjoying the weather, not one of us had the energy to run around for any longer than ten minutes.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- The Final Game It was November 1st and it was the day of my last volleyball game. I ran into my friend Eri and we started talking about the game later that day. It was against Tunkhannock. They were the best volleyball team from our area, and wouldn’t you know it on our senior night we had to play against them. Senior night was the one night where the seniors were recognized, whether they were good or not. The whole day the team was joking about how much we would lose by against our rival team.... [tags: Personal Narrative Volleyball Essays]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Volleyball Tryouts Six long hours after departing Hotchkiss, we finally reached our destination. We pulled into the parking lot of the Super 8 just off Interstate 76 in Sterling, Colorado. Since I had been to this hotel on a previous trip to Sterling, I began wishing I had brought my swimsuit along. Mom and dad went inside and got the keys for room 129. I was so sick of riding in the car that I did not care what the room looked like as long as there was a bed for me to sleep on.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Shoulder Injury I felt it pop, and pain engulfed my shoulder like ants cover an anthill that has been stirred with a stick. It made me angry, but it didn't help things to get mad. There was nothing I could do but try to recover in time to start over. Giving up wasn't an option. My junior year in high school, I went out for basketball. I liked it for a while, but when games started I was on JV. It was okay, but I was only getting to play two minutes per game. This didn't make me very happy.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Christian Apologetics Two weeks of this past summer rank high as some of the most rewarding times of my life. Next to my salvation, the experience has become an important turning point of my youth. This experience changed my worldview into a biblical perspective, and strengthened my faith in the Lord. For the first time, I was on my own, flying cross-country to spend two weeks in Colorado, not for a vacation I might add. I was to attend a Christian apologetics course sponsored by Summit Ministries.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
340 words (1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Playground Memory Looking back on a childhood filled with events and memories, I find it rather difficult to pick on that leaves me with the fabled “warm and fuzzy feelings.” As the daughter of an Air Force Major, I had the pleasure of traveling across America in many moving trips. I have visited the monstrous trees of the Sequoia National Forest, stood on the edge of the Grande Canyon and have jumped on the beds at Caesar’s Palace in Lake Tahoe. However, I have discovered that when reflecting on my childhood, it is not the trips that come to mind, instead there are details from everyday doings; a deck of cards, a silver bank or an ice cream flavor.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
398 words (1.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Christmas Cookies Although I have grown up to be entirely inept at the art of cooking, as to make even the most wretched chef ridicule my sad baking attempts, my childhood would have indicated otherwise; I was always on the countertop next to my mother’s cooking bowl, adding and mixing ingredients that would doubtlessly create a delicious food. When I was younger, cooking came intrinsically with the holiday season, which made that time of year the prime occasion for me to unite with ounces and ounces of satin dark chocolate, various other messy and gooey ingredients, numerous cooking utensils, and the assistance of my mother to cook what would soon be an edible masterpie... [tags: Personal Narrative]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Eventful Thanksgiving The crisp, cool, and cinnamon air filled the morning of Thanksgiving in 1987. Although I was only two years and eleven months old, I remember the scratchy, fuzzy, purple- footed pajamas that I was wearing that morning. After I woke up, I "helped" my mom make her famous orange- cranberry relish, got dressed in my cream sweater dotted with cherries and my navy pleated skirt, topped off with my favorite cream fuzz- warn tights, and before I knew it we were out the door to my grandmother's house.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
503 words (1.4 pages)
- Fans and players are anxiously awaiting the start of the game. The players are jumping and fidgeting around on the court waiting for the referee to blow her whistle to issue the start of the game. The whistle blows and the visiting team serves the ball while fans in the stands are clapping and stomping on the bleachers trying to distract her. The serve is good and Green Bay returns a pass, set, kill and the crowd goes wild. That was just the beginning to a fun filled game. Green Bay served the ball next.... [tags: Personal Essays]
468 words (1.3 pages)