The most distinguishing and memorable moment of my life was entering high school for the first time. I feel that the event of starting high school was the starting point of what kind of person I was going to become. Not only did I start going to a new kind of school, but I started attending the high school youth group at my church. I also had the privilege to start working on my first car. Without this experience, I feel that I would not be where I am right now. This memorable moment started with my transition to the high school youth group at church.
Moving up to the high school group at my church was exciting yet frightening. Fortunately, I was welcomed with great joy and fellowship. I got involved in the activities very quickly. I made many friends, which gave me an incentive to actually go to church. I went on two mission trips before starting school. This helped me to see God work through me and through my youth group. Within our youth group, we had a youth choir called Deliverance. Because of my involvement in that ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. I encountered the most significant challenge when I moved to Canada in January, 2012. Before I came to Canada, my English grade was very good in China, thus, I thought living and studying in Canada would not be too difficult. However, I did not do well in the ESL evaluation at all, and I was placed in ESL 1 at my high school. Most of my classmates there spoke very little English, and they did not spend much time and effort on studying English. It was very difficult for me to study if I wanted to be their friends and at that time, they were the only friends I had in Canada.... [tags: personal narrative]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Personal Narrative- The Bible Spoke to Me I sat on my bed. Alone. Lonely. But I wasn’t. Everything that everyone had said, left unsaid, was with me. Smothering me. As scenes danced mockingly through my mind, I cried out, “Does anyone care about me?. Does anyone care if I come to school or church-would anyone notice if I just quit?!” A small, still voice whispered in my ear. Something stirred, struggling to be free, but my tormented mind smothered it, preferring to drown in self pity. “Does anyone listen to me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
478 words (1.4 pages)
- Personal Narrative Essay - Application for US Naturalization Form N-400 is otherwise known as the application for US Naturalization. I have started and stopped filling out form N-400 half a dozen times in the past few years. Most recently, I used the excuse that I couldn’t read all of the dates in my passport. Thus I could not give the relevant dates for when I had left and reentered the country over the necessary time period. The other day I downloaded the form again but now I can’t find my passport.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1911 words (5.5 pages)
- Our Marriage Our official journey began on August 2, 1997 in Las Vegas. That was our wedding day and my official entry into married life. Tim and I said, ?I do. in Clark County, Nevada. The clerk declared us 'best friends for life' in a ceremony with just the two of us. That declaration was more profound and welcomed than one any priest could have made. Our wedding cost a total of seventy-two dollars, this included the license and ceremony. I should also include the cost of what I call 'our wedding planner.' His name was Jake and he was a taxi driver, he charged us fifteen dollars and we tipped him fifteen for his extra duties, it was a special day.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
2102 words (6 pages)
- For my second ministry project I went to the after school program at CrossRoads Church. I taught for twenty minutes in two different classes. The first group was fourth fifth and sixth graders, the second group was second and third grade. The have this after school every monday and wednesday. The day that I taught was was on monday march 8th. The verse I used was Philippians 4:8. I taught a lesson on protecting your mind from bad thoughts and how if the thought was not good, true, pure, virtuous, or praiseworthy not to think about it.... [tags: Teacher, Mind, Thought, Idea]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative Living in South Georgia, summer days are always scorching and this July afternoon was no expectation. A few days before the fourth of July the temperature records had already hit record high. The temperature’s high for this day was a blazing 102 degrees Fahrenheit. We had devoted most of the day to being cramped indoors, but with two small, lively boys, Christopher and Easton, they were getting fidgety to go outside. Easton, who was only a mere two years old at the time and he could not understand why he could not play outside in the blistering heat.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, God, Prayer]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Prologue It was December twenty fifth, Sunday morning. It was snowing hard outside on Oakland road, but Rose didn’t even care to notice. She ran down the spiral staircase into the living room, which was decorated in festive color changing lights and a white Christmas tree topped with a twinkling star. “Mom, dad,” she called, “Anyone home.” She peered into their cocoa and mint bedroom. Empty, she thought. She then searched the kitchen which was packed with eggnog lasagna and lots more food on the breakfast table.... [tags: parents, car, death, school]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- How do You Spell High School. – S-T-R-E-S-S When I ask people what their most memorable times are, most tell me that their most memorable times occurred in high school. I entered high school a year ago, and it has been fun, but very, very stressful. I try to organize and make time for everything that I am assigned to do, but still everything seems to bunch up and become overwhelming. Sometimes I just want to give up and stop trying so hard. I don’t just feel pressure from school, but from my family and society as well.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
680 words (1.9 pages)
- For the entirety of my undergraduate career I had the distinct ability to successfully write research papers, critical essays and journal entries. On the whole I feel that my writing was successful due to the fact that I received excellent grades as well as glowing comments of support from my professors. Please understand that I am not boasting about my grade point average, class rank or even attempting to claim that I am a good writer. However, I do feel confident in my abilities to write papers that speak directly to the question at hand while simultaneously addressing, although not necessarily adhering to, the professor’s point of interest.... [tags: Narrative Essay Writing English]
1775 words (5.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Living for God As I was driving into the church parking lot I had to take a deep breath. After leaving another frustrating day at school and then going to work right afterwards, I needed to calm myself down. I looked in the rear view mirror one more time to make sure I looked halfway presentable. I fixed my wind-blown hair by pulling it back in a high ponytail and put on some Burt’s Bees lip balm before exiting the car. I grabbed my Bible and notebook and locked the doors. As I walked towards the youth building a wave of comfort washed over me.... [tags: Personal Perspective Essays]
755 words (2.2 pages)