Many people say, "The best things in life are free." However, when we say this, we don’t particularly mean materialistic items. Nearly two years ago this saying was heard by those who may have won the lottery or whom may have been in love and feels that it is the best thing. Nevertheless, a few years ago nearly nothing was free and if it was there was always a catch to go along with it. Now that the Internet has become so popular it is difficult not to find something for free. There are numerous sites on the World Wide Web that offer free items. For example, www.zipso.com, is a site that you are able to subscribe for free offers. The site www.napster.com, is a music site which people are able to download songs from. The site www.freephone.com, is a site where one can download a program and have a microphone on your computer and make phone calls. The site www.netzero.com, this is a site that one can go to and get free Internet access. These are just a few sites that offer free items.
Since all these free things are accessible through a computer it would make since that there would be free Internet services. There are a few companies that offer free service. America Online (AOL) sends out CD’s, that hold 100 minutes of Internet time on them. There is a catch, of course, with this though, many people make the mistake of downloading the product the wrong way and later find their phone bill with multiple unknown charges. There is also another company called Netzero which an entirely free service. There are some stipulations with the service that limits what can be done, it is also not guaranteed to be working all the time. With these services I feel it is a great opportunity for people...
... middle of paper ...
...f a call is longer than a certain amount of time there should be a charge. Other than that I feel it is companies are going to get upset that they are loosing money. The problem should get taken care of before it happens.
I feel that having the Internet is an ample opportunity to try out innumerable things. Although there are many services that offer free items, a number of people like to stick to the original product of service. The services that are free have drawbacks that a large portion of our fast past population does not have the patience for. It is much easier for a person to pick up the phone or the newspaper than to get on the computer, wait to be connected to the Internet and then look for what you need. In conclusion, although free is awesome, it is great and by far not perfect!the same thing with what Napster is going through. Eventually the phone .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Internet is an extremely educational and communicative tool. Everyone can access a tremendous amount of information and connect with people on the other end of the planet; it is capable of doing everything. Nowadays, the society is facing a variety of challenges and controversies which are mostly related to religion, morality, the economic crisis, etc., and the most talked-about issue in today’s world is “Internet censorship”. Although the Internet is very useful, many people are suggesting the idea of censoring the Internet; however, the government should not censor the Internet because a free and open Internet usage has many positive impacts on people’s lives.... [tags: Internet]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- The Internet is by far the most fascinating invention ever to me. Its ability to contain access to the infinite knowledge of nearly everything in digital format is beyond my comprehension. Seeing technology grow through my years has kept me heavily involved with my inner geek. I stay on top of the news, especially technology news, and over the past few years a topic that has repeatedly caught my eye is the complicated topic of Net Neutrality. I began my research on Net Neutrality by first figuring out where the term originated from and what the term actually means.... [tags: Internet]
1925 words (5.5 pages)
- Introduction The purpose of this assignment is to discuss the impact Internet of everything (IoE) and internet of things (IoT) has and will continue to have on businesses, such as how it is going to improve productivity, reduce costs and enable businesses to get the most out of their assets and improve societies by enabling better water management, improve transport system, reduce crime and create more employment and business opportunities. It also discusses the changes we are about to experience like growth in economies, significant increase in the total amount of data and information in existence so that knowledge can be attained and how should people prepare for that change and we will al... [tags: Health Care, Sustainable Development]
3147 words (9 pages)
- Copyright came about in the fifteenth century in Britain, sometime after the invention of the printing press by Johannes Gutenberg. “The printing press represented a supreme threat to the clergy’s monopoly on idea dissemination; moveable type was the fifteenth century version of Napster” (Copyright Website). Copyright laws were instated to protect authors of various intellectual properties, (literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, architectural) and give credit to the proper author. Over the years copyright laws have changed dramatically, because of the development of the internet.... [tags: Copyright, Internet, ]
1412 words (4 pages)
- The internet is more popular today than it was years ago. As technology advances, the use of the internet grows yonder and is an amazing addition in our lives. The internet has been perhaps the most outstanding innovation in the field of communication in the history of humanity. The Internet is a global meeting place where people from all parts of the world can come together. It is a service available on the computer, through which anyone who has access to the Internet can receive. The internet is for a business owner, an employee, a student; it is for everyone.... [tags: internet, technology, ]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- Should The Internet Be Trusted. The Internet has become more and more of a favorite place for students to go when searching for sources to use in research papers. This is mostly because of the wide and relatively simple access that the Internet provides to all kinds of information. Why get up and travel all the way to the library when it is so much easier to open a browser window and head to Google. While the Internet can be a wonderful source, and is definitely a fairly new, unique, and versatile way of sharing information, not everything one finds on the free area of the Internet can be trusted.... [tags: Website Internet Essays]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- If a random person came over to you on the street, would you give him your personal information. Would you allow him to follow and record your activities. Most certainly not. Although this answer may be obvious in the physical world, the general populations’ behavior on the Internet is strikingly different. Websites like Facebook, Twitter, and Google retain vast amounts of personal information of their users. Although this practice benefits the user as well, unrestricted profiling can be quite unnerving.... [tags: Internet Security]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- The Internet is more popular today than it was years ago. As technology advances, the use of the Internet grows yonder and is an amazing addition in our lives. The Internet has been perhaps the most outstanding innovation in the field of communication in the history of humanity. It is a global meeting place where people from all parts of the world can collaborate. Additionally, it is a service available on the computer, through which anyone who has access to the Internet can receive. The Internet is for a business owner, an employee, and a student.... [tags: internet, information technology, ]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- How to Combat Internet Plagiarism In the past, plagiarism was practiced as a means of desperation or necessity, instead of out of pure laziness as it tends to be today. Now, with the development of the Internet, there are many websites that offer tips, sources for papers, along with papers that have already been written and submitted to the website. All of these can be free for download, or if you need a special kind of paper, it can be made specifically for a price ranging between $8.95 and $20.00 per page.... [tags: Internet Plagiarism]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Pornography is a large issue in the United States and is especially debated within the Constitutional right of freedom of speech. The current law on pornography in America is that anyone under the age of eighteen who accesses pornographic material is subject to persecution. There are many arguments on both sides of the debate, including: a modified age for legal pornography access. This argument emphasizes the fact that if we want to be a truly free country, there should be no limitations on what we watch.... [tags: Internet Pornography]
750 words (2.1 pages)