Education plays a key role in the development of one’s character and future achievements. The importance of education has elevated in numerous ways over time. The higher an education a person receives is expected to give an individual a better occupation and therefore result in more earned money by that individual. Human desires have led to the great want to achieve the best education in order to ensure that more then just the basic needs and wants are met by that individual, whether it is for themselves or for those that are dependent upon them. Hence the best education one can receive will contribute to the fulfillment of their desires and wants. In recent years the internet has played quite a major part in education. The internet has become almost more significant in the classroom then a piece of paper and a pencil, to a class. It has become more then just a resourceful tool for finding information it has become a means of a must have item. Such dependence is very detrimental to the educational process for although the internet seems to be everywhere, there are still many people, willing to learn, who lack such a resource.
Amongst this vast nation of so many different types of people from all different backgrounds and cultures, social status is a strong clarification in society. The rate of impoverished families is so excessive in some areas, especially the south, and has become increasingly noticeable in public schooling. The situation has become enhanced as many students lack easy access to the internet. Such easy access includes home use or close location providing internet services. Many students prove that this situation is a constant battle. I was raised in a predominan...
... middle of paper ...
... on the growth of such skills, both socially and mentally. Viruses and other setbacks to the internet process are also very damaging. Viruses on the internet are very destructive not only in a financial sense but can also affect users work already saved or new. It took 2.6 billion dollars to clean up the Code Red Virus that infected the internet. (Computer World) The internet is an excellent way to retrieve material but should always be used as a resource and not a necessity. The basis of a class should be internet free and should be used as a tool and guide to enhance the education process rather than take away from some students learning experience. It is great to be computer literate to learn in different ways and attain more information but if education becomes dependent on the internet what would happen if the internet was permanently down or greatly infected?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In some way or another we have all experienced discrimination not only through race but also sex, a disability, religion and so on. How can we determine if discrimination is right in areas other than race. If we define discrimination from the Webster’s dictionary it can be the treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person belongs. In my opinion I would simply say that “you can’t judge a book by its cover” and that is what we tend to do when we face discrimination.... [tags: Discrimination is Wrong]
1041 words (3 pages)
- The Hip Hop Generation A heated discussion arose last Monday regarding the hip hop generation. It stirred up a lot of unanswered questions. A few of my own are, what the term hip hop generation defines, what are the misconceptions of this generation, and what does the future of this generation hold. When you take a look at society from one generation to the next each era has there own significance. It’s like a fad almost, something that you do for one period of time may fade out and then the next fad comes into play.... [tags: Rap Industry]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Discrimination Against Jews in Germany Once Adolf Hitler had gained complete power of Germany as a dictator in March 1933, he set up policies to bring the country's people 'into line'. His desire to do this was fuelled by the belief that the German people were a superior race above all others, called the Aryans. He also believed that, in order to prosper, Germany needed to be 'purified' by setting the Aryans apart from such inferior races as the Jewish community. As soon as he came into power, Hitler persuaded President Hindenburg of the Reich government, to issue decrees to suspend all given civil liberties of the German people and politicians.... [tags: Papers]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever noticed, that anytime you state any opinion that differs from a African American person’s opinion he or she will throw the race card in your face. “You are just saying that because I am black” has become the fall back if any white person says anything against how someone of a different ethnicity is acting or even just states a differing opinion, than the politically correct and socially accepted opinion. In trying to eliminate racism against minorities the nation has inadvertently over sensitized the populace to racism against minorities to the point that any action by someone who is white can be used to make that person racist.... [tags: Prejudice, Discrimination, Victimization]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- In Langston Hughes’s poem, Harlem, he questions what happens to a “dream deferred” and he lists multiple possibilities that all involve a dream going away (Hughes, Harlem). This poem seems to define Hughes’s life of not wanting to see his own dreams pass him by despite moving from place to place due to his parents’ separation and economic struggles (Otfinoski). Beyond that, Hughes faced racism that could have gotten in the way of his own goals, but instead of letting this deter him, he used it as fuel to pursue a literary career.... [tags: discrimination, racism, writer]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- “Psoriasis is a long-term (chronic) skin problem that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white silvery, or red patches of skin.” (WebMD, 2012) To uneducated individuals, they may look at a person with Psoriasis and think to stay away from them as it might be contagious. This disorder is not contagious, but it does affect a person with Psoriasis to go through social exclusion and discrimination. A mistaken trigger in the immune system is said to be the one of the causes of rapid production of skin cells in the body.... [tags: skin problems, social exclusion, discrimination]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Technology has been around for several years and is still advancing today. First introduced during the 1800's Industrial Revolution, where people began working in factories and cities. Now people in the 21st century are experiencing a new revolution where technology has practically taken over. However, one place where technology is missing, is in schools. The problem is that educators do not have enough resources to integrate technology in every classroom. Then, there are policymakers, placing education at the bottom of their priorities.... [tags: technology, education, policymakers, failure]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Have you ever wondered if our generation is the dumbest. Well, there’s some evidence to prove so. Generation ‘Y’ is considered to be the dumbest generation of all. This is based on numerous experiments, polls, surveys, etc. While everything else in this world is rising, intellect of each generation is falling. With the ignorance of facts, by choice, and lack of some education, Generation ‘Y’ is considered to be the dumbest generation. “Ignorance of facts” simply means that the education is there but this generation just chooses not to use it.... [tags: Millennial Generation]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- honda insight the next generation of cars Grab some pavement with the Insight: the hybrid that paved the way. The Honda Insight was the very first petrol-electric hybrid sold in the United States, and it remains a benchmark the others strive to meet. In fact, the EPA named this remarkable car the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the two-seater class, and the Insight holds its title as the overall fuel efficiency leader in America. Those prestigious accolades translate into great gas mileage: just about 1072 kilometers on one tank of gas.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- Religion as a Form of Expression in the Millennial Generation Throughout the world today, hundreds of different religions exist, and though many have very different beliefs, the similarities between them are almost convincing of a first religion among primitive mankind. But throughout the centuries, different systems and people have evolved, often causing more tension than any other cause. Religions of past and present have often been the source of meaning in people's lives. People in the past have more or less adhered to strict religious doctrines, and lived according to them.... [tags: Essays Papers]
3280 words (9.4 pages)