People complain everyday about the problems in this world. One of my complaints is about people who complain! I have a high respect for those who take actions to try to solve these problems. One major group which has to solve problems this is internationally recognized is Rotary International.
Another group with similar goals is The Ruritan Foundation. Both of these groups have a website used by people all over the world to communicate information about their organization and how people can get involved. Ruritan focuses on the loval community and serving on a much smaller scale than Rotary. For Rotary, an overall emphasis is made on international service needs and diversity among people, as well as advancing global awareness about issues. There are more ignorant people out there than you may think.
According to the main website, www.rotary.org., "Rotary International is an organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ehtical standards in all vocations, and help huild good will and peace in the world." Rotarians devote their lives so much to humanity that its motto is "Service before Self,"by service and helping others and ultimately, in a utopian world, accomplishing peace, in daily personal lives as well as while working on Rotary-specific projects (About Rotary).
You may be asking what types of concerns this association cares about. According to the "About Rotary" section of the website, they address many of today's most critical issues, such as children at risk, poverty and hunger, the environment, illiteracu, and violence, to name a few. Getting involved in a particular area of concern would not be a s...
... middle of paper ...
...s website in that it contains a list of links on the left side to investigate differnt aspects of the organization. The webpage is not as formal as that of Rotary International, but still is not necessary that it is.
The differences between Ruritan Foundation and Rotary International actually complement each other. while Ruritan focuses on the local community and serving its needs, Rotary has world-wide perspective on similar issues. Information for prospective members is also a crucial objective of these websites since they are target readers. People who are too stagnate to follow through with their altruistic desires can at least donate money to the people who take action on their calling to kindness. The Rotary and Ruritan organizations relate to almost all people in this world, whether a member, donating, or receiving care; everyone can benefit.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I have always considered myself a very promising student. I have worked extremely hard and received high grades. I have a close knit group of friends and my teachers and I have mutual respect for each other .Although I would consider myself at this present stage ‘fulfilled’ something was missing. I realized it wasn’t a materialistic aspect of my life. Through a tragic incident I finally discovered what fit perfectly in that vacancy. The consecutive hospitalizations of my grandparents evoked great pain and sorrow.... [tags: Community Service,]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- "This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in." - Theodore Roosevelt As Secretary of the Debate Club of my high school, I was assigned the job of picking a community service project for the Club to participate in. Our school was having a “service day” and different classes and clubs were picking various projects around the community to do on this day. Some groups were going to play with kids at Safe Place, while others were serving food at the Soup Kitchen, and still others were volunteering to pick up trash around neighborhoods.... [tags: Community Service Essays]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- “Volunteers are not paid; not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.” - Sherry Anderson (Volunteering Quotes: Finest Quotes). On average, when people think about community service, they assume that volunteering is just ‘hours we need to be able to graduate’ and that is it. Community service is more than just hours; community service is based on the acts performed by someone with the purpose of helping or bringing benefits to his or her community. People frequently compare community service as a punishment since it is often offered to small-time offenders as an alternative to fines or jail time.... [tags: Contribution to My Community Service]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- All across the world millions of people are in need of help from others. They need people to help provide money, food, time, or care. This need could be on a smaller scale even with something as simple as the need to have someone being nice. When people help any person in the community no matter how small or whether they are with a group or not, it is community service. Community service is not all about the large organizations running operations, but instead is about the volunteers and those who need the help.... [tags: Community Service, Happiness]
1574 words (4.5 pages)
- In the media report selection process, many forms of media were considered including; news reports, news articles, as well as pages from websites. With many areas to consider, a great deal of searching and contemplation was brought forth. Eventually, two news articles were selected that showed a variety of opinions and topics of discussion relating to community service in secondary schools. Both articles were interesting and relatable to Chapman students. The first news article selected is titled, “New Study Reveals High Schoolers are More Career-Minded Than College Students.” The article was written by Vicki Salemi and obtained online from Media Jobs Dailey.... [tags: highschoolers,college students,community service]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- What is community service to you. What do you think the recent recession has done to community service. As a veteran of military service I am sure you all have done many types of community service. Recent problems in our nation’s economy have caused changes in the amount of community service that is done on a daily basis, but those changes may not necessarily be what you would think. Even though most of the time community service doesn’t require the use of money, some Americans are worried about their own families more than others.... [tags: community service, economy, ]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- People’s lives are changed every day by their actions and experiences. This past summer, I participated in a community service project, an experience that opened my eyes in many ways. I was a volunteer at the County Memorial Hospital. In my time as a volunteer at the hospital, I was able to meet patients and staff members from all over the world and learn about their life experiences. Listening to all of their stories has made me truly appreciate everything which I have. One experience that I will always remember is the day I was running errands and had the opportunity to meet a very special patient.... [tags: Community Service Essays]
444 words (1.3 pages)
- Never in my wildest dreams would I have even begun to imagine that community service could be such a rewarding experience. As the oldest child I never had the opportunity of having someone that could help me with my homework, play with me and help me when I needed something. My parents once in a while could help me with homework, but once we moved to the United States I was definitely on my own considering my parents didn’t know enough English to help me. From this moment forward, I can say I’m very proud of myself for being where I am now without any help throughout my school years.... [tags: Community Service Essays]
489 words (1.4 pages)
- "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill "If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way." - Buddha In 2014, I traveled to New Orleans for a National Youth Gathering. Some 30,000 students and advisers donned orange t-shirts and fanned out across the city to serve. Our group was assigned the task of clearing roadsides and medians. We spent the day picking up trash and removing cat claw, an invasive and difficult weed.... [tags: Community Service Essays]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- A typical school day for many University students consists of sitting in a classroom and listening to a lecture. While there is great value in this style of learning, my community service work has taught me the many benefits of learning not only from professors, but also from fellow classmates, partners in the community, and individuals at volunteer sites, regardless of their age or educational background. It has also taught me to be an active member of our community and to share the burdens and responsibilities that goes along with that role — caring about the living conditions of others.... [tags: Community Service Experience Paper]
359 words (1 pages)