Solutions to the Abortion Problem in America
Abortion in America is a huge issue that is causing much turmoil between the communities in America. Some people feel this way and some people feel another. I am personally for pro-choice, which means I am against abortion unless it is to save a mothers life due to medical problems. Through research I found that there are many things available that are being done to try and cut the rate of abortion in America and yet I feel that there is still so much more that can be done. Just to name a few things that are being done: pray, sidewalk counseling (slightly goes along with prayer) this is where they try to convince the mother not to have an abortion one last time right before they go into the clinic, networking, volunteer at local CPC, and picket abortion mills, protestors stand outside of abortion clinics and with signs and pictures to give their opinions on abortion.
The government is now getting involved against abortions by trying to make abortions illegal in America. President Bush has signed a law that bans partial birth abortion. Troy Newman, the director of Operation Rescue, says that there is still a loop hole in this law. He says “it fallaciously includes a loop-hole exception to save the mother’s life that many abortionists have routinely abused when included in other legislation.” The government getting involved is a great thing. Making abortions illegal is bound to make the rate of abortion lower. Newman also includes in his article “Baby Steps to Victory” that there are other things to do with a child if the mother does not want it. He states, “If you are going to deliver a child 90% prior to sucking its brains why not fully deliver the child and place it up fo...
... middle of paper ...
...oing on. We need some one to step up and make the issue known to all Americans. Most are too afraid to talk about this due to the fact that they don’t want to be looked upon badly for talking about an issue that is usually a “hush-hush” topic. So I encourage you to please stand up and say what you think, feel, and believe towards this issue and help us all fight to stop abortions in America before it becomes a tragic epidemic like teen pregnancies.
• Newman, Troy. Partial Birth Abortion Ban – Baby Steps to Victory. 06 November, 2003. Operation Rescue West. 12 November, 2003 http://www.operationrescue.org
• Back to School. 05 June, 2002. Operation Rescue. 17 November, 2003 http://www.operationrescue.org/involved/backtoschool.asp
• Sidewalk Counseling. 12 September, 1999. 99 Ways to Stop Abortion. 19 November, 2003
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... One of these ways is financial losses; over 50 million potential American workers have been aborted since 1973 when abortion was legalized. This immense loss in the workforce has contributed to causing the vast national debt we find ourselves in, estimated at 22.4 trillion. A second negative influence abortion has had on society is the disproportion of age populations. The older population is starting to outnumber the younger population, making it harder for the younger population to support the older population and causing many to fear that the government will not be able to provide social security due to the decreasing workforce.... [tags: Pregnancy, Birth control, Abortion, Fertility]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- ... One of these ways is financial losses; over 50 million potential American workers have been aborted since 1973 when abortion was legalized. This immense loss in the workforce has contributed to causing the vast national debt we find ourselves in, estimated at 22.4 trillion. A second negative influence abortion has had on society is the disproportion of age populations. The older population is starting to outnumber the younger population, making it harder for the younger population to support the older population and causing many to fear that the government will not be able to provide social security due to the decreasing workforce.... [tags: Pregnancy, Birth control, Fertility, Abortion]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- Abortion: Be Pro-Life How would you feel if someone took away your ability to live without asking you. Babies don 't have a choice in their mother’s womb. If a woman decides to abort her baby, the baby can 't do anything about their life being taken away from them. Their whole future is gone. Abortion is wrong when committing it for a selfish reason. Abortion is and probably always will be a highly controversial issue in the United States. The procedure of an abortion has been legal in the country since 1973, the abortion rights battle continues on to this year of 2015.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human rights, Abortion debate]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- The Issues of Abortion and Gay Marriage The issues of abortion and gay marriage rights were issues that were fought over constantly by Liberals and Conservatives in the last elections. Both parties had different ways of looking at these problems, hence they both had different ideas as to how we could solve these problems. The Conservatives tended to take a more traditional stance, whereas the Liberals were set on pursuing the problem with new age solutions. The issue of gay marriage is a rather new controversy that has only become disputed in the last decade.... [tags: Abortion Political Gay Rights Ideology Essays]
1509 words (4.3 pages)
- Ethical Issue Paper Introduction For years Abortion has been a topic of discussion. It has always been a topic that was controversial in both religion as well as in politics. For those who may not know what abortion is abortion is a procedure that is done on women to end a pregnancy, with that it will not result into the women going into labor or giving birth to the child. In this paper I will go into the details of the issue, seeing the issue from different views, and offering possible solutions to the issue.... [tags: human pregnancy, termination, religion]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- An Analysis of the Legality of Abortion In Abortion and Social Justice, Dennis Horan, J.D. et alii argue "The Legal Case For the Unborn Child": Abortion is not a private matter. The destruction of human life, even 'incipient' or developing human life in the womb, can never be considered a private matter under our law. The contention that it is a private matter would be too ludicrous and absurd to even argue were it not so often put forth under such intellectually impeccable auspices. Would those civil libertarians who argue that abortion is a private matter, argue that the exercise of civil rights is purely a private matter between the Black man and the man that thwarts them.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
2089 words (6 pages)
- The Problems with Abortion and Solutions Abortion is referred as the termination of a pregnancy or of a fetus that is incapable of survival (Dictionary.com). Abortion is morally wrong and illegal because the fetus is a person. It is the same thing as murder. The reasons people have abortions are they are not ready to handle the responsibility of another human being, the fetus may have a birth defect, mother’s heath is an issue, rape, or simply because they don’t want any more children (Abortioninfo).... [tags: Abortion Pregnancy Morals Essays]
1492 words (4.3 pages)
- For every wildlife animal legally hunted another is killed illegally; this is called poaching. The people who commit the type of crime such as that of hunting illegally are known as poachers. The worst part about this crime is that it is committed where no one can see or know what is happening. The motive of poachers can vary from wanting a trophy or pointlessly killing animals to harvesting a profit from ivories, horns, or antlers. If this environmental problem of poaching continues, then many species will either become endangered or extinct.... [tags: hunting, species, problem, crime, solution]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- Legalized abortion is an extremely controversial and often volatile issue talked about around the world. Abortion was legalized in the United Sates in 1973 after Roe won the lawsuit against Dallas County District Attorney, for not permitting her to terminate the pregnancy that had occurred as a result of a rape, which later was revealed as a false statement (“Roe v. Wade” P.2) From then 38010338 children have been aborted until 1998. In addition, specialists have estimated an increase of more than 9 million abortions until 2005, making a massive total of more than 40 million, which is 24 times greater than American war causalities since American Revolution to the Gulf war of nineteen ninety... [tags: The Right to Life, Pro-Life Essays]
2145 words (6.1 pages)
- Solutions to the Underage Drinking Problem As more and more innocent lives are taken by accidents involving alcohol, it's no wonder why the drinking age is enforced. Consumption of alcohol doesn't just pertain to drinking and driving but is also involved in teen deaths such as suicide, homicide, and other accidents including drowning. Last year, 224 Texans under the age of 21 died in traffic accidents caused by drunken drivers. How well is it being enforced though. A Gallup Youth Survey taken in May of 2001, found that 51% of teens between the ages of 13-17 said it is pretty easy to get alcohol.... [tags: Solutions Proposal Essays Alcohol]
670 words (1.9 pages)