Although I have grown up to be entirely inept at the art of cooking, as to make even the most wretched chef ridicule my sad baking attempts, my childhood would have indicated otherwise; I was always on the countertop next to my mother’s cooking bowl, adding and mixing ingredients that would doubtlessly create a delicious food. When I was younger, cooking came intrinsically with the holiday season, which made that time of year the prime occasion for me to unite with ounces and ounces of satin dark chocolate, various other messy and gooey ingredients, numerous cooking utensils, and the assistance of my mother to cook what would soon be an edible masterpiece. The most memorable of the holiday works of art were our Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, which my mother and I first made when I was about six and are now made annually.
I remember the deceitful character of the recipe the most from the first time I made Chocolate Crinkles. Being young, I didn’t understand the nature of unsweetened chocolate; it looked and smelled just like any other chocolate...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Narrative - Lasting Love I had never made biscuits and gravy before. The blessings of having a good cook as a Mom were abundant, but alas, I never did learn the many techniques that wonder woman possessed. My repertoire included: peanut butter cookies, a deliciously heated can of Pork n Beans, and Rice Krispie treats that were always too crunchy. But, Joseph wanted biscuits and gravy, so that is what Joseph got. His sister told me the recipe over the phone. Joseph had called her up long distance and gruffly demanded that she rattle off the legendary gravy recipe that their mother used to serve.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
2504 words (7.2 pages)
- Looking through a frosted window at fog and chimney smoke is the best. The only thing that could make it better is when snow is falling gracefully from the sky, powdering the ground below. That very scene is one of the reasons why I have come to love winter so much. Winter means freezing temperatures that allow you to sit by the fire with a cup of cocoa. Winter means family coming together. Winter means Christmas. Winter means my favorite time of the year has arrived. I have always adored the season of winter.... [tags: personal narrative]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Christmas - An Extraordinary Holiday As I grow older, Christmas is the greatest holiday for my family and me. The powerful feeling of family is never any stronger than on Christmas Day. The stress of the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve all seeps away as our children come running into our bedroom to see if we are awake yet. Even though our children are teenagers, the tradition doesn't change; Santa is real if you believe in him. I've seen our children wake up as early as 5:00 a.m. As our children awake us, my husband tries to draw out the anticipation by telling them he needs to take a shower first.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Christmas eve ended with me crying on our living room floor because my mom wanted me to eat just one of her famous sugar cookies. Her cookies had always been one of my favorite Christmas traditions, but this year when I looked at the cookies, all I could see were calories and guilt. They smelled and looked delicious, but just the thought of taking one bite filled me with anxiety and fear. I consider this the moment I realized my eating disorder had completely taken over my life. I had become obsessed with calories and weight as a way to feel in control of my life and gain confidence.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Health economics]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- No matter how many friends you make throughout your lifetime, you end up losing the ones you realize aren’t your real friends. Many people you come in contact with don’t have the best intentions for you and they don’t care about you. Jasmin is a better choice of a friend because she’s showed me I have been friends with many people , but I’ve also lost a lot of friends because they betrayed me by either talking about me to others , or because they used me, all the friends I lost had bad intentions for me .... [tags: Family, English-language films, Love]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Most Memorable Christmas Ever since I could remember, I have spent Christmas at my grandmother’s house, a house which is full of comfort, warmth, and happiness. At Christmas, I have always been able to escape the cold and dark real world allowing myself to truly enjoy just several moments in time. These moments have left impressionable memories from my childhood making Christmas a holiday that is special to me and my family. It is a time for my family to get together, share stories, laugh, and even cry.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
442 words (1.3 pages)
- I think Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays. Maybe because of the special atmosphere that you can feel everywhere, in shops, restaurants , pubs and even streets, where you can hear the magical carols, or maybe it's because of its religious background, but what I can tell you for sure is that I can't think of anything more exciting than the image of the entire family preparing the Christmas Tree or fixing the Christmas dishes. When I think of Christmas the first thing that pops into my mind is the delicious Chocolate Cake that only my grandma knows how to prepare.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays Papers Descriptive]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Life as a Journey The journey of life follows a predetermined pattern; we evolve from needing influence and guidance to finally reaching that point where our lives are up to us. I consider myself very lucky up to this point in my journey. Some people become sidetracked and wind up on a far different course than initially planned, but the detours I made have only assisted in embellishing the individual instead of devouring it. According to Freud a person's most important period to grow personality ranges from birth to six years.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Photo Remember back to the times of your youth, when a family member or friend would grace you with a gift. Remember that butterfly feeling you would get in the pit of your stomach and work itself outward and make you tingle with anticipation. Remember waking up early on Christmas morning way ahead of your parents only to attempt to wait patiently until they arose. Remember the moans of despair when they finally did clamber out of their bed to tell you that breakfast must be eaten first before gifts are opened.... [tags: Personal Narrative Photograph Picture]
435 words (1.2 pages)