As I was driving into the church parking lot I had to take a deep breath. After leaving another frustrating day at school and then going to work right afterwards, I needed to calm myself down. I looked in the rear view mirror one more time to make sure I looked halfway presentable. I fixed my wind-blown hair by pulling it back in a high ponytail and put on some Burt’s Bees lip balm before exiting the car. I grabbed my Bible and notebook and locked the doors. As I walked towards the youth building a wave of comfort washed over me.
I love the feeling I get every time I step into the youth room at my church. It’s a reassuring feeling that, no matter what I’ve been through during the day, everything is going to be just fine. I grew up knowing that God was in control of my life and He has a plan for me. I know that I can rely on Him for everything. Walking into the youth room Wednesday nights serve as a sweet reminder that I’m supposed to be here, doing what I’m doing.
As I get closer to the youth room I see one of my most dearest, oldest fri...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Narrative- Following God's Will As James 2:26 tells us, faith without works is dead - part of living the Christian life is obeying God. God has given us many commands in His Word. Not only are there specific commands for all Christians, but God also promises to give Christians His Holy Spirit to guide us not only through various difficult experiences in our lives, but additionally in following God’s will. God has commanded that everyone love Him first and foremost, above all things. He is our reason for living; only His Grace can and does save us from Hell.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Narrative - The Role of God in My Personal Transformation While growing up nearly every child feels the need to be somebody, to figure out his identity. Most children attempt to find acceptance from their peers by the way they dress, the music to which they listen, the people with whom they hang out, the parties they attend, or the other activities in which they participate. While I never really felt a strong need to please others as a child, I still struggled with being shy and lonely, and with not always fitting in.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1750 words (5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Living a Life of Humility For the only thing we have to shame is shame itself. Perhaps the name of Amy Tan’s mother will never be remembered like that of FDR, but the truth behind her words rings just as loud. To be different is an aspect of human nature that we are to be proud of, regardless of whether it’s socially hip or socially degrading. To be proud of something is to consider it worthy of honor, and that’s precisely what we must do- honor our individuality by becoming who we really are.... [tags: Personal Perspective]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Transformation of a Hurting Teen Before I lost my innocence I was care-free, and full of love. But I grew up and my peers began to tease me. “Am I really fat, ugly, stupid and dorky”. I thought. Every loving part of me was torn apart piece by piece by my young peers like wolves on the prowl. Every fault and every flaw I owned was brought to my attention. This teasing spawned an anger in me so strong that every aspect of my life was destroyed. I began to rebel towards any kind of authority as a way to protect myself.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
481 words (1.4 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Contributing to Society I am one of those people that you’d probably term “normal”. I attend a normal school, I work at a normal job, I have a normal life. You wouldn’t single me out on the street: there is nothing remarkable about me, I am one of the many. So, what has someone like me got to say that would make any difference to this world. I haven’t fought the important socio-political battles of this century; I haven’t done anything that will be recorded in the world annals.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
502 words (1.4 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Helping Others Declining standards of living and continuing exportation of our jobs have resulted in rising stress levels for all Americans. This results in negative effects on our well being – mentally, physically and emotionally. Some people seek to reduce stress levels by using alcohol and drugs. Some overwork themselves, resulting in mental breakdowns. The pharmaceutical giants pocket billions of dollars a year from sales of tranquillisers, anti-depressants, barbiturates, amphetamines, and other psychoactive medications.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Narrative- My Parents' Funeral Celery sticks served as slugger bats; olives substituted for baseballs to be smashed across the kitchen. Cousins Sonny and Guido were pitcher and catcher, and my sister Dorrie was a combination of infield and outfield. I came up to bat for the first time just as Gramps called for us to come into the living room. A policeman stood in the doorway. Nonnie and Aunt Sandy were crying. All morning we had been told to stop touching the Thanksgiving dinner or we would be punished.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
555 words (1.6 pages)
- Sleeping with the Enemy When I fall asleep in public, Alex informs everyone that "Bryan likes to pay money to go to sleep." His words don't stray far from the truth. I am convinced that I am afflicted, cursed, by something. I am haunted by the constant threat of unconsciousness. Glancing behind me, I see nothing, but sense the shadow that lurks. He is never very far, waiting patiently for me to drop my guard. We are very close, my shadow and I, and we know all of each others' tricks. A continuing match of wits takes place every time I step into a living room, a movie theater, a library, an automobile.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1761 words (5 pages)
- Our Marriage Our official journey began on August 2, 1997 in Las Vegas. That was our wedding day and my official entry into married life. Tim and I said, ?I do. in Clark County, Nevada. The clerk declared us 'best friends for life' in a ceremony with just the two of us. That declaration was more profound and welcomed than one any priest could have made. Our wedding cost a total of seventy-two dollars, this included the license and ceremony. I should also include the cost of what I call 'our wedding planner.' His name was Jake and he was a taxi driver, he charged us fifteen dollars and we tipped him fifteen for his extra duties, it was a special day.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
2102 words (6 pages)
- It was about 1:30 AM. "Well, its time to hit the sack," I thought. I had had a really long day. I had been in school since 8 AM and I was truly exhausted. God I hated Mondays. Three classes, four hours of work, and then a night class where even the walls attempted to escape the boredom of the lectures. I wondered how I was able to do this every week. I laughed and thought, "I must have a lot of patience..." I quickly changed into my favorite pajamas - sweats and a tee- and I began to brush my teeth.... [tags: Personal Narrative, essay about myself]
1028 words (2.9 pages)