It was on a burning summer Sunday morning the day I received my initial traffic citation. My best friend and I got this crazy plan the afternoon before it all occurred .We determined that instead of going swimming at the recreational local pool of Tallahassee, we ought to head on in a journey to Panama City beach to enjoy the last week of summer that was left for us. The only problem is that it was 6:00 pm and by the time we arrived at the beach the sun would be hiding in the orient.
I never predicted this beautiful trip ending up as a nightmare in my existence. I drove for approximately 40 minutes and my partner shared the driving for an additional 40 minutes. We were driving my friend mom’s brand new Toyota Camry XLE; one of the most comfortable cars I had ever been in. We enjoyed the elongated ride with new hit music, and air conditioning set to an exact temperature that met our necessities. On the way to the beach some doubts about going there started to circle around our minds, but the fact that we were about half way there made them a...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A narrative is a story. In writing a narrative essay, you share with the reader some personal experience of your own in order to make a point or convey a message. You may choose to tell how your grandfather influenced your desire to become an orthodontist, or perhaps you’ll relate the story of the time you didn’t make the cut for the basketball team. Whatever story you tell, your purpose is to share with others some experience that has taught you something or changed you somehow. Remember that narration is more than just description.... [tags: Personal Reflection]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative: Stratification When you are placed in a specific class either by society or by you, the life chances can be very different. The life chances of employment may be limited if you are on the lower class level. For example, the resume you hand in may only work for factory level jobs. The factory may not require anything but a high school diploma. On the other hand, it would be more difficult to obtain a high paying job with only a high school diploma. For instance, a doctorate degree is required to become a doctor.... [tags: Papers]
337 words (1 pages)
- Another Good Day Gone Bad I slowly pressed my foot down on the accelerator as I approached the passing lane. I was tired of following the old man in his beat up, gold station wagon at 50 miles per hour. I needed to get to school. I was right behind him when I topped the hill and entered the passing zone. That's when I saw it... The warm April morning was just what I needed to refresh my mind. I had been stressed about schoolwork and was trying to keep up with all of my activities. The nice sunny morning made everything seem right.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative – Vision of Jesus Jesus has appeared in the desert, and in the city. Jesus has appeared on paper, and in sculpture. Jesus has appeared on television, and in art. He has also failed to appear in His tomb. You’d figure that after all that travelling, He’d have to get a bite to eat sometime, so He also decided to appear at “Tim Horton’s.” Now, I would have thought that The Son of God would have appeared at a more high-class joint, like “Red Lobster,” but I, sir, am no theologist.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Not So Important Exam I’ve heard that the early bird catches the worm, and sadly enough, I’ve never been the early bird. Being on time has never been my strong spot, although I try. Even if the occasion calls for excessive speeding or car weaving, I would do it in a second if I knew I were going to be late. And for this, it could have cost not only my life, but the life of my sister. One particular morning I was scheduled to take a rather difficult, yet important exam and the very thought of this made me queasy.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Narrative - Contemplating Death "Then, just like that, she was gone. I couldn’t hold back the tears, and I don’t think my sunglasses hid them well. I’ve gotten used to my emotions and I only let it all out when they can’t be stifled, so you know this wasn’t a sigh-I’m-gonna-miss-her moment. The sunshine and warm breeze of Friday afternoon was frustrating; dreary, cold, typical-March days are fitting, appropriate for feeling this way, and how nice it was outside was a slap in the face.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
2307 words (6.6 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Making Positive Changes I have positive attributes and weaknesses as everyone else does. However, since I came from Peru to America, I experienced many changes in my personality from a shy girl to an independent, outgoing and friendly teenager. My strongest personal attributes are generosity, my spirit of collaboration and my perseverance to achieve any goals and overcome obstacles in my life. For example, when I was in Peru I used to go to a hospital to help children with disabilities.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Soccer Injury I went into my junior spring soccer season kind of sad, my past coach, wasn't going to be our team coach this year. I wasn't really depressed though, because I had tons of friends that were playing this year. One of the great things about soccer is that it is not a school-sanctioned sport. To me this said that I was able to play another season of soccer with my friends from Paonia and Hotchkiss without the normal High School rivalry between these schools. Year after year, the schools pulled pranks on each other, sometimes nothing big, but sometimes something big.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1497 words (4.3 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Concert As the dark stadium filled with fire, with the sounds of guns and bombs exploding everywhere, the crazed fans yelled at the top of their lungs. The enormous stage was rumbling with the sound of a single guitar as the band slowly started their next encore performance. Soon after I realized that I was actually at the Sanitarium concert listening to Metallica play "One", I thought to my self, "Is this real, am I actually here right now?" I had a weird feeling the entire time because I had worked all summer to simply listen to music with a bunch of strangers.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1128 words (3.2 pages)