Everyone who has ever been to Disney World thinks it’s going to be the vacation of a lifetime but when we went it was the vacation from Hell!
My dad is one of those people that Murphy’s Law applies to. That is, if anything is going to go wrong then it is going to go wrong for my dad. My family started on this trip with great expectations. It was going to be our first trip to Disney World and we were all very excited.
Everything seemed to be going smoothly that morning. Dad loaded the luggage and packed the cooler. He even packed the extra pillows. My family was very happy as we prepared for our trip. I was twelve years old and my brother, Jobie, was ten. My dad had told us for years about his first trip to Disney Land in California when he was a young Marine.
He told us about all the great rides and how he had to go on It’s a Small World with a fellow Marine. He said all the boats were full of families or with couples in love, and there he was stuck in a boat with another Marine. That very day he swore that he would come back some day and take his wife and family back to Disney Land and ride It’s a Small World. At that time Disney World hadn’t been completed. Dad thought he would be returning to California. Since then Disney World has been completed and is located in Florida which is a lot closer of a drive for us since we live in Tennessee.
Once we got on I-81, we headed toward Asheville, North Carolina. That’s when Murphy’s Law went into effect. My dad always had trouble missing the I-26 exit in Asheville and today would be no exception. As luck would have it he took the wrong turn. Instead of taking the...
... middle of paper ...
...checked the engine, the hoses, and finally found the problem. He said “I bet when the car caught on fire it weakened the battery.” The security guard hooked up battery cables to the car and it started right up.
Dad tried to give the guard twenty dollars, but he refused. Dad shook his hand and thanked him several times. I could go on and on about the rest of our trip but it would take another twenty pages. Unfortunately this was not the last outburst my father had at Disney World. I can tell you one more thing. Through the chaos Dad finally made it to It’s a Small World with his family. It was the biggest smile he showed through the whole trip, but it wasn’t his last. We have been to Disney World twice since then. We still always ride It’s a Small World and I always bring cotton balls for my ears. The cotton keeps my arms from getting tired.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Disney World: A Family Vacation Everyone who has ever been to Disney World thinks it’s going to be the vacation of a lifetime but when we went it was the vacation from Hell. My dad is one of those people that Murphy’s Law applies to. That is, if anything is going to go wrong then it is going to go wrong for my dad. My family started on this trip with great expectations. It was going to be our first trip to Disney World and we were all very excited. Everything seemed to be going smoothly that morning.... [tags: Personal Narrative Traveling Essays]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- My family goes to Disney World at least every four years. Disney, being my family’s go-to destination for vacation, is always packed with tourist from all over the world and is always has humid weather conditions. Sometimes I wonder why we go since we have obviously out grown the amusement park age group. Despite out growing Disney World, many memories have been made from all the trips to Disney World. From walking through rain back to the monorail stations to posing with Belle from Beauty and the Beast at a character dining restaurant.... [tags: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Walt Disney World Resorts is the ultimate vacation destination. With four theme parks, two water parks, a downtown shopping district, a plethora of resort hotels and more, it has plenty to offer its diverse guests. I visit Walt Disney World at least once a year, and sometimes more if I am able to. With every visit, the more things I find to love about it. I absolutely love the atmosphere, the riveting attractions, the stores, restaurants, and everything else. Personally, Walt Disney world never loses its magic.... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- So have you ever been to Disney World. Most of you probably have been there. I didn’t go to Disney World until November of last year with my family. I wasn’t sure what it would be like, but it was incredible. It was a lot of fun, and it was a great experience because I was with my family. We left our house at two in the morning because if we left at that time, we would be able to make it to Florida around eleven. I didn’t mind waking up that early, my sister on the other hand didn’t like the idea since she likes to sleep in.... [tags: Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom, Family]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Disney World is the premiere Disney destination by far. Firstly, when I went to Disney World this last summer I expected the experience would be similar to the trip I took to California’s Disneyland when I was little, but on a larger scale. To my surprise it wasn’t. In other words, my expectations were blown out of the water. Even though Disney World wasn't the first Disney park like Disneyland was it has added an abundance of pizazz to the Disney industry and is its jewel. Disney World’s several parks, customer service, facilities, attractions and much more designate it the utmost desired Disney park trip.... [tags: Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Disney World is an educational wonderland. Disney World was founded October 1, 1971 by Roy O. Disney and Walt Disney. It wasn’t even thought of until four years after the first park Disneyland was opened in Anaheim, California. Walt Disney productions began looking for land for a second park and eventually found the perfect spot. Disney World is an entertainment complex in Orlando, Florida with four distinctly themed amusement parks, two water parks, and over ten resorts. According to Disney’s millions of guest, it is the master of “edu-tainment,” a way of entertaining and educating guest at the same time.... [tags: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort, Walt Disney]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Working incessantly for numerous hours a week, tending to the children, preparing healthy meals, and trying to remain a normal human being often takes a toll on many of us. Vacation time allows us to unwind, have fun, create everlasting memories, and remove ourselves from the stressors of everyday life that tend to exhaust us. Many vacation destinations are home to amusement parks that compete to receive your hard earned cash, but the Walt Disney World resort in Orlando, Florida is the location of the finest theme parks in the world.... [tags: Walt Disney, Magic Kingdom]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- Almost all American families take a vacation. Whether it be only a few hours down the interstate or to the other side of the country, families like taking trips together. From camping in the mountains to fishing in the Caribbean, every family has a “spot” that they go to make memories and enjoy each other’s company. For my family, there is always one place we will visit every year, almost like a pilgrimage. That place is Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, my favorite place in the world. Every year, my family picks a week out of the calendar that everyone is available, and we buy our tickets for Disney World.... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- According to a Themed Entertainment Association global attractions attendance report, 53,727,000 people visited the Walt Disney World and 27,238,000 people visited the Disneyland American theme parks respectively. Collectively, these United States Disney owned resort parks make up the first, second, sixth, seventh and eighth most visited theme parks in the world under the same report (Robinett, John). Therefore, with such a large popularity and attendance of these two resorts, families visiting may wonder, which one is an overall better option to visit for their family.... [tags: Walt Disney World Resort, Walt Disney]
1718 words (4.9 pages)
- One of my favorite family traditions is summer vacation. Every summer without fail we go on vacation. For the past ten years we have been going to Disney World with our family friends the Battaglia's, so it has turned into a tradition up until last summer when we broke our florida adventure to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)