Everyone who has ever been to Disney World thinks it’s going to be the vacation of a lifetime but when we went it was the vacation from Hell!
My dad is one of those people that Murphy’s Law applies to. That is, if anything is going to go wrong then it is going to go wrong for my dad. My family started on this trip with great expectations. It was going to be our first trip to Disney World and we were all very excited.
Everything seemed to be going smoothly that morning. Dad loaded the luggage and packed the cooler. He even packed the extra pillows. My family was very happy as we prepared for our trip. I was twelve years old and my brother, Jobie, was ten. My dad had told us for years about his first trip to Disney Land in California when he was a young Marine.
He told us about all the great rides and how he had to go on It’s a Small World with a fellow Marine. He said all the boats were full of families or with couples in love, and there he was stuck in a boat with another Marine. That very day he swore that he would come back some day and take his wife and family back to Disney Land and ride It’s a Small World. At that time Disney World hadn’t been completed. Dad thought he would be returning to California. Since then Disney World has been completed and is located in Florida which is a lot closer of a drive for us since we live in Tennessee.
Once we got on I-81, we headed toward Asheville, North Carolina. That’s when Murphy’s Law went into effect. My dad always had trouble missing the I-26 exit in Asheville and today would be no exception. As luck would have it he took the wrong turn. Instead of taking the...
... middle of paper ...
...checked the engine, the hoses, and finally found the problem. He said “I bet when the car caught on fire it weakened the battery.” The security guard hooked up battery cables to the car and it started right up.
Dad tried to give the guard twenty dollars, but he refused. Dad shook his hand and thanked him several times. I could go on and on about the rest of our trip but it would take another twenty pages. Unfortunately this was not the last outburst my father had at Disney World. I can tell you one more thing. Through the chaos Dad finally made it to It’s a Small World with his family. It was the biggest smile he showed through the whole trip, but it wasn’t his last. We have been to Disney World twice since then. We still always ride It’s a Small World and I always bring cotton balls for my ears. The cotton keeps my arms from getting tired.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Disney World: A Family Vacation Everyone who has ever been to Disney World thinks it’s going to be the vacation of a lifetime but when we went it was the vacation from Hell. My dad is one of those people that Murphy’s Law applies to. That is, if anything is going to go wrong then it is going to go wrong for my dad. My family started on this trip with great expectations. It was going to be our first trip to Disney World and we were all very excited. Everything seemed to be going smoothly that morning.... [tags: Personal Narrative Traveling Essays]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- Brazil is the largest country in South America with a population of approximately 198.7 million in 2012, according to World Bank. It is also the world’s fifth largest country, by geographical area and by population (FIND SOURCE). Brazil’s capital, Brasilia, stands southeast of the country and their official language is Portuguese. Brazil is currently using Brazilian real as their currency. Brazil is a federal republic government with 26 states and 1 federal district. Much like the United States, Brazil’s government is divided up into an executive, legislative, and judicial branch.... [tags: brazil, brazilians, disney]
677 words (1.9 pages)
- One of my favorite family traditions is summer vacation. Every summer without fail we go on vacation. For the past ten years we have been going to Disney World with our family friends the Battaglia's, so it has turned into a tradition up until last summer when we broke our florida adventure to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)
- It's easy to spend too long trying to figure out the best place to spend your next vacation. In fact, spending hours on a computer looking at different options, half of which might not even be attractive to yourself, could be just enough to give yourself a headache. But then think about what you hear about most often, when visiting a theme park within the Continental United States. While famous celebreties proclaiming “I'm going to Disney World!” is indeed just an add campaign paid for by Disney themselves, it easily brings to mind all the memories of famous theme parks you remember.... [tags: informative essay]
1064 words (3 pages)
- The family vacation is an American tradition. Thinking and planning for this adventure captures the imaginations of thousands of families each year. While parents and children may disagree over what constitutes the ideal vacation, there is no question about there being a family vacation. Savvy entrepreneurs are aware of this fact and spend millions of dollars in advertisements to capitalize on the money families spend for family vacations. Most advertisers craftily market to children, believing that children, through coercion (whining), can get their parents to buy what they want (see advertised on television).... [tags: Travel Advertisements]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- ... The first Disney Store opened March 28, 1987 and the first book published by Hyperion Books, Disney’s publishing company, was published September 26, 1991 (Disney History). The final sector that completes The Walt Disney Company is Disney Interactive. This portion includes online games, video consoles, and other interactive entertainment for people of all ages. It was formed December 5, 1994 with the intentions of “developing, marketing, and distributing cartridge games and CD-ROM software.”(Disney History).... [tags: oligopoly, business analysis]
3259 words (9.3 pages)
- The Walt Disney Organization has many different business units. For example the company produces movies, television shows, a television network and music. It also has merchandise to support the movies, music, and tv shows. Another entertainment sector of the business is the cruise lines, adventure travel and amusement parks. The amusement parks are located in Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong and two locations in the United States, Florida and California. We will discuss the park history and some of the challenges and accomplishments that Disney has faced expanding its parks globally.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Walt Disney the American Hero Walt Disney; When that name is spoken faces of children and adults alike light up with looks of sheer joy. When debating what to see at the movies the newest Disney flick is almost always decided upon over the others. With Disney people are 100 percent sure to walk out of the theater happy and smiling. From the catchy theme songs to the thrilling theme parks Disney has built the fantasy empire. Although he built the fantasy world Disney was not a man who walked around with his head in the clouds.... [tags: essays research papers]
1375 words (3.9 pages)
- Throughout my childhood I can recall many memories that caused emotional delight as well as emotional devastation. My memories go back as early as conquering my fears of sleeping in the dark to acknowledging I was never going to learn how to skate. Those few examples don't compare to the one childhood experience that still haunts me today. I couldn't wait for my family and I to take our annual vacation. It was during those times that I enjoyed myself most. I had anticipated this vacation to be the best.... [tags: essays research papers]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Throughout history, there have been many notable American figures that had enormous impacts on almost everyone's daily lives. Although, one figure stands out among many, and that man worked his hardest to make his dreams come true, Walt Disney. Disney made a reputation of brilliance and "[t]he combination of Disney's desire to try new techniques and his striving to make a better product set him apart from most other animators" (Nardo 25). How could anyone forget classics like Mickey Mouse, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fox and the Hound, the Little Mermaid, and many more all created by Disney.... [tags: Biography]
1643 words (4.7 pages)