Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - If you didn't know already, my name is Alberto and I'm in the wedding party. That is the reason I?m dressed like this.
What have I done to be blessed with such an honour? Who?s dropped out at the last minute? Had William?s other friends left the country? Could I turn the job down and still get an invite to eat and drink at William?s expense? I didn?t want to risk it, so lets get on with it.
Sherry, you make a fine bride and looked absolutely stunning in the church this morning. William, you looked ? well ? a bit like me, but perhaps a touch thinner. But I think you'd all agree that it was a wonderful service. Mind you, those vows were interesting - William said, 'I do', to which Sherry said, 'You'd better'.
Now, traditionally a wedding speech is not complete without a short anecdote, something that gives an insight into the bridegroom?s character. And I could stand here all evening telling you stories of ?boys nights out? or cricket club and rugby club tours. I could even recount the stag night (bachelor?s party), and that reminds me, William - you still owe me forty for those last two dances you had. But this is Sherry's day as well, and I don't want to ruin it with William's vulgarity. So I am going to stick to giving the bridegroom some advice.
William, now that you are married, your level of d...
... middle of paper ...
...uidance for the years ahead with William. So, -
?PLEASE SAY WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY DURING THE AD BREAKS!?
Which reminds me, William nearly didn't make it to the wedding today because of a minor operation. He was having the remote control removed from his hand.
Well, that just about wraps things up - consider yourself advised! ? you?re on your own now William! As for me, I?ve known this man several years and I am extremely happy to see such a good friend get married to such a great girl. Ever since William and Sherry met, they have been inseparable. All that?s left is for you, ladies and gentlemen, to be upstanding and to raise your glasses in a toast to Sherry and William. To the bride and groom!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Humorous Speech by an Old Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom) Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. On behalf of the bridesmaids, I would like to thank Michael for his kind words, and I have to say they were absolutely wonderful and have done an excellent job today - I mean the bridesmaids, not the words. Now, it's customary in these speeches to tell a story about the bachelor’s (stag) party, but in this case it won't be possible. That's because Michael has insisted on having his stag party after the wedding.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Father of the Groom Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I must admit, I am more nervous about participating in this wedding than I was as the groom (bridegroom) at my own wedding. Maybe it's because I have been married thirty years and I know what my son is getting himself in to. Joking aside, I've had a wonderful marriage and I would like to remind David and Arba that it's a serious business, and shouldn't be entered into lightly - although, at his weight, my son certainly isn't doing that.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I must admit to being rather nervous about today's speech. As it’s a family occasion, the last thing I want to do is cause offence by talking in too much detail about Brian’s colorful past. I’ve therefore decided to edit out anything that might cause offence. So thank you very much and have a wonderful evening. Sit down. Laughter. Stand up and continue. I read somewhere that you can flesh out your speech by researching which famous people were born the same day as the groom (bridegroom), and make some sort of link.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
442 words (1.3 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Best Man When Daniel came to me and asked me to be his best man, it was a great honour but, when I looked at all the duties required of me, I felt he’d be better off choosing someone else. Then he offered me a fifty, but I told him that it wasn’t a decision that money could change. So then he offered me a hundred. Anyway, good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Rob and it’s my pleasure to be Daniel's best man today. So let me tell you about all those best man duties that originally concerned me, because I was immediately stumped by the first one: ‘ensure that the groom’s face and hair are in order.’ Well Daniel, I have to say that if nature didn't get... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
695 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom) Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Charles. I've tried to memorise this speech, but forgive me if I resort to my notes every five seconds. I did ask for an autocue to be set up in front of me, but apparently the wedding budget doesn't stretch that far. And, unfortunately, neither does my eyesight. Laughter I've known Steven for 22 years now and we've had more good times than I can remember - and we'd have had a one more if I hadn't run out of money in that strip cub on the other night.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
563 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Two Best Men Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Steve and this is my partner in crime, Scot. We are the best men today, famed for our double act. Some people may even say we were artists, but I think you'll all realize what kind of artists we are later on this evening. Now, I’d like to think that Gary chose Scott and me to be joint best men so that we could both be by his side on his wedding day. However, Scott reckons Gary only picked us for the wedding photos.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
715 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Two Best Men Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. For those of you that are wondering why there are two best men standing up here, it’s perfectly simple. Arthur wanted to appoint a best man for the occasion, but sadly couldn’t find one, so he got two barely competent ones instead. So before I start, let me clarify the ‘role’ situation. Dennis, Arthur’s university friend and very trustworthy, was responsible for carrying the rings in church. I am Steve, Arthur’s childhood friend and very good with lager (beer).... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Groom The groom has used the wedding date as a source for funny lines, comparing their marriage with celebrity couples for comic effect. While preparing this speech I thought it would be interesting to see if any celebrity couples had been married on the same day as us. Paul Simon and Carrie Fisher wed in 1983...and split up after 9 months. Oh dear. Also, Madonna married Sean Penn on this day in 1985; and we all know the outcome of that. Unlike the latter, while Lisa is "Like A Virgin," I plan to "Cherish" her forever and I am not afraid to 'Justify My Love." There's always the "Hanky Panky" to look forward to.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Groom It is apparent from the opening few lines of this speech that the groom has an excellent relationship with the bride's parents and this can be really useful, not just in the future, for obvious reasons, but it can also make the speech more humorous. This speech is also a good example of using events in history that happened on the same date as a source of humor. Thank you for those lovely words. I'd like to remind you that you're not so much losing a daughter, but regaining three closets (wardrobes).... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Thoughtful Wedding Speech by the Groom Ladies and gentlemen: I would like to thank the previous speaker for those sincere words and to the bride's parents for the love that they have both shown me, not only in preparation for today, but from the first moment that we met some two and a half years ago. I dont know who was more surprised that first night when my future wife brought me home without warning, when they were sitting there all ready for bed in their satin bath robes and her dad in his Snoopy slippers.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1782 words (5.1 pages)