Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. On behalf of the bridesmaids, I would like to thank Scott for his kind words. For once in my life, I find myself agreeing with him - they look stunning and did an excellent job today.
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jason. I’ve been Scott’s best friend for nearly 20 years. I’ve known him for a similar period.
And all the time we’ve spent growing up together means that he’s had as much of a part in developing my sense of humor as anyone. So, while I have tried to make this speech funny, it’s his fault if it’s not.
I have very fond memories of growing up with Scott. I’ve been his partner in crime on many a wild occasion and, in quieter times, a close confidant to whom he could tell almost anything. And I do mean anything – which has provided me with ample material for my speech this afternoon.
Although I did agree not to divulge any details of the stag night, like about the Danish stripper he got chatting to in the hotel bar. So I won’t.
Scott and I have done many things together during our almost life-long friendship – although they’re probably not quite as interesting to relate as the story about that Danish stripper, but I gave him my word on that one.
Anyway, over the years we've built go-carts together, rode our bikes together, played football together, bunked school together, tried to...
... middle of paper ...
And I, as much as all of you, want that happiness for myself. Er, sorry, I mean, I want their happiness to last forever. And I do.
So although I’m not actually married myself [turn to bridesmaids again], I thought it might be helpful if I offered them each a little piece of advice.
Pamela: no matter how far away you are from your loved one, when you’re married, you’re never alone - because you know where my flat is.
And Scott: getting married bestows upon you many, many obligations. But remember, foreplay is only optional.
Ladies and gentlemen, on a final and serious note, please be upstanding and raise your glasses to my very best friend and his beautiful new wife. To Scott and Pamela.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Humorous Wedding Speech by Friend of Groom Ladies and gentlemen, thanks Gary for those kind words. It has been a pleasure for all us attendants to play a small part in your big day. Before I say a word or two about the groom, what about that dress Jeanie is wearing. It has attracted so much favorable comment from the guests here that I have to give it a special mention. You look stunning Jeanie. When Gary asked me to be his best man I immediately thought of the speech. I saw it as an opportunity to talk about a great hero of mine… a wonderful, handsome, kind-hearted man who is admired by many.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech for a Sister of the Groom Ladies and Gentlemen you'll be pleased to know I am only going to speak for a couple of minutes because of my throat..... if I go on too long Angie has threatened to cut it. However, before I begin, on behalf of John and Angie I would like to thank everyone who has helped to make this the special day that it is - and I think we can all agree it has been splendid so far. Well, I knew it would be difficult to follow a speech made by John and I was right ....... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Vulgar Wedding Speech by a Childhood Friend Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is my first experience in playing such a large role in a wedding. And I really appreciate Lee and Susan giving me the opportunity to make a fool of myself in front their friends and family, rather than just my own all the time. Yes, I am feeling pretty nervous at the moment, but not as nervous as Lee was this morning. He said that he had a few butterflies in his stomach. Well, he should be feeling better now, as I found this in the toilet just after he'd left it.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- A Humorous and Heartfelt Wedding Speech Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I would like to start by thanking Frank on behalf of the bridesmaids for his kind comments and echo the fact that they look wonderful and performed their role fantastically well, despite the inevitable and healthy rivalry that can sometimes occur. In fact, just before the service I overheard a furious sisterly argument about who was going to be first to dance with the best man. Understandable, I thought - until I got closer and heard them saying, 'You!', 'no, you!' I've known Frank for the best part of 20 years now and of course there are plenty of things I could tell you about what we got up to in our younger da... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Two Best Men Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. For those of you that are wondering why there are two best men standing up here, it’s perfectly simple. Arthur wanted to appoint a best man for the occasion, but sadly couldn’t find one, so he got two barely competent ones instead. So before I start, let me clarify the ‘role’ situation. Dennis, Arthur’s university friend and very trustworthy, was responsible for carrying the rings in church. I am Steve, Arthur’s childhood friend and very good with lager (beer).... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. I would first like to thank you all for coming today and helping to make Marcus and Adrian's wedding such a memorable and special occasion. Personally, I wish you'd all stayed at home and made my job less nerve wracking. When I was asked to be in the wedding party I decided that I needed to know what the role entailed. I have now read several books, and all of them include a last minute checklist to guarantee a smooth wedding.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is Robert. As they were speaking just now, it struck me how much David and his new father-in-law now have in common. After all, it's the first time in 25 years that Arthur has been able to speak for 10 minutes without interruption from the women in his family. And it'll be the last time in 25 years that David gets to do the same. So I sincerely hope he treasures this moment. But it is great to finally see David with a ring on his finger as he learned a long time ago that you cannot make someone love you.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
709 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Speech by an Old Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom) Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. On behalf of the bridesmaids, I would like to thank Michael for his kind words, and I have to say they were absolutely wonderful and have done an excellent job today - I mean the bridesmaids, not the words. Now, it's customary in these speeches to tell a story about the bachelor’s (stag) party, but in this case it won't be possible. That's because Michael has insisted on having his stag party after the wedding.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom) Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Charles. I've tried to memorise this speech, but forgive me if I resort to my notes every five seconds. I did ask for an autocue to be set up in front of me, but apparently the wedding budget doesn't stretch that far. And, unfortunately, neither does my eyesight. Laughter I've known Steven for 22 years now and we've had more good times than I can remember - and we'd have had a one more if I hadn't run out of money in that strip cub on the other night.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
563 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by an Old Friend of the Groom Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen Let me first say that the bridesmaids look absolutely smashing today, and only rightly outshone by our bride, Pamela. And, I'm sure you'll agree with me gentlemen, today is a sad day for single men, as another beauty leaves the available list. And ladies, I'm sure you'll agree that today's passing by without much of a ripple. I've known Robert for the best part of twenty years and of course there are plenty of things I could tell you about what we got up to in our younger days.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
767 words (2.2 pages)