Ladies and Gentlemen you'll be pleased to know I am only going to speak for a couple of minutes because of my throat..... if I go on too long Angie has threatened to cut it.
However, before I begin, on behalf of John and Angie I would like to thank everyone who has helped to make this the special day that it is - and I think we can all agree it has been splendid so far.
Well, I knew it would be difficult to follow a speech made by John and I was right .... I couldn't follow a bloomin word of it. When John asked me to be his Best woman I felt very privileged at first, but then as the big day approached I thought why did he ask me? what had I done that was so wrong? I then remembered a good definition of being asked to be the Bestman, is like being asked to make love to the Queen Mother - its a great honour, but nobody wants to do it. But even so, I still agreed to be John's Best woman and here I am today.
So, before I commence to slander John's character as is traditional, I'd just like to thank him for lending me a book entitled "The Bestman's Checklist". I must confess I was mystified by some of the things I was expected to do.
(1) Get the Groom to the Church sober and on time - well ladies and gentlemen I think you could all agree I have completed by first duty splendidly.
(2) Bring a Chequebook for payments the groom may have forgotten - well kn...
... middle of paper ...
Example : To John and Angie, If you need some wedding tips, call 0800 and ask for hot lips...
Finally, on behalf of the bride and groom I would like to thank everyone for sharing their special day, it is a true millstone - sorry milestone in their lives. On behalf of myself I wish you'd all stayed at home - as things would have been a lot easier on me. I started planning this speech about 5 months ago and I expect you all feel like I've been delivering it equally as long. But now it gives me immense pleasure (not to mention relief) to invite you to all stand and raise your glasses in a toast to John and Angie. To love, laughter and happily ever after. To John and Angie CONGRATULATIONS
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Speech by the Sister of the Bride For those of you that do not already know me I'm the bride's "slightly" older sister. When she first asked me to give her away I felt two things, the first was one of extreme and enormous pride that she'd asked me, and the second Was "Oh my God" I have to do a speech. But please don't worry, this won't take too long. I would like to thank the priest for a lovely service, the priest's boss for keeping an eye out on the weather, and the beautiful bridesmaid.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- Humorous and Sentimental Wedding Speech by the Groom I was going to begin with "ladies and gentlemen" but on looking around I'm glad I didn't. So here goes. Distinguished guests, those of lesser distinction, and those of no distinction at all, family relatives, new and old, in-laws and out-laws, friends, friends of friends, and freeloaders, welcome to our wedding reception. First of all I would like to thank my brothers and my new sister for their kind words. I did have a speech all worked out for this special occasion, but of course now that I'm a married man, she has told me what to say instead.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Groom's Wedding Speech - Damn Statistics Ladies and gentleman, I have to be honest with you all and admit that I am quite nervous about standing up here and speaking this evening. While I was writing my speech I came across some interesting statistics about what guests are thinking about during a wedding speech. Apparently, twenty percent of you are thinking about getting onto the dance floor and partying the night away. Thirty percent of you are thinking about the marital status of the best man.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech to a Groom with Long Hair Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. I must admit, I am more nervous about being best man than I was at my own wedding. Maybe it’s because I have been married a year and I know what Jonathan’s letting himself in for. And on that happy occasion, as some of you know, Jonathan was my best man and he did a wonderful job. However Jonathan, there are many reasons why you should get married and I’m not sure if revenge is one of them. But, it is a great thrill and an honor, and Jonathan’s already agreed that I can do it again next time.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- A Thankful Wedding Speech by the Bride Anyone who knows me well enough will know that it is hard to keep me quiet and today is no exception - I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks, although I promise to keep it short. The main reason I wanted to make a speech was to personally say thank you to some very special people who have contributed to today: (To the groom) Firstly, and most importantly, you've made me so happy since we met two years ago and today is the happiest day of my life.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
424 words (1.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Bride Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Neal, the bride's brother. On behalf of my mother, Mrs. Lian White, I wish to thank you all for coming to celebrate this special occasion with us. We are so happy that so many of our friends and relatives are able to come here to enjoy this splendid occasion with us. Today seems like a magical dream. This morning, I proudly walked my sister down the aisle to marry Paul, the man whom she loves so much. It was so beautiful to watch them exchanging their vows in that beautiful stained glass church.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- I know a week before a wedding can be very hectic, trying to get the last minute things done and everything finalized. What I didn’t think would be in wedding plans is trying to figure out a time to take a break from the wedding and make time for a visitation and a funeral. I thought that would be the worst thing that weekend that could happen, until I was told someone else I was close to passed away. So, not only was there a wedding that we had to go but, we also had to add in two funerals in the span of about six days.... [tags: English-language films, Family, American films]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Good evening everyone. Hope you are all having a great time. I will try to keep this brief as I am eagerly anticipating that part of the night when the best man humiliates the groom. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Craig, Rebecca’s oldest brother. The middle child Trent, is seat over there. He is going to love me saying that When Rebecca first asked me some weeks ago if I would make a speech today my first thought was WHY. But then as I sat down to put pen to paper and goggled wedding speeches last night, I was overwhelmed by strange feelings of happiness and pride for my baby sister and her big day.... [tags: essays research papers]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Father of the Bride Speech with Humor, Sentiment, and Love (Stand up, mobile phone in hand)” Well thank you vicar it is a bit inconvenient at the moment I am just about to start the speeches." I’m afraid there's been a bit of a hiccup in the proceedings; the vicar has just phoned to say that we have to do the registry signing all over again. It appears that the groom’s pen wouldn’t work so he borrowed the vicar’s. He was still having problems so the vicar said. "Put your weight on it”(To the bride) I’m afraid that you are now Mrs.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Before I start I have to ask... Do you like my outfit?... you see, I asked the tailor for Versace... but he thought I said "Liberace". Ladies, Gentlemen, Friends, Relatives and any stray pedestrians who may have wandered in. On behalf of my wife and I... or as I prefer to call her "my most recent ex-girlfriend", welcome to our wedding. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves on this special day. Its great to see you all and I can honestly say it would have been rubbish without you.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Intellectual Property and Internet Piracy
- Women Have the Right to Abortion
- Hunting is Not Effective in Controlling Herd Populations
- Comparing Catherine MacKinnon's Not A Moral Issue and Sallie Tisdale’s Talk Dirty to Me
- We Must Demand the Moral and Ethical Application of Technology
- Suffering Patients Need Medical Marijuana