(to the crowd)
As Father of the Bride, I am honored to be the first to speak this evening. I would like to begin by welcoming each and every one of you on this joyous occasion. It is good to see so many friends and family here today to help celebrate Paula and Manson’s wedding. I would also like to remember those who have meant so much to our family, but could not be here today.
At this time, I would like to take this opportunity to formally and wholeheartedly welcome Manson into our family. I hope that we will get to know you better in the coming months and years.
(to the crowd)
It is about this time in every wedding that the bride begins thinking, “oh-my-gosh, what is daddy going to say?” “Is he goin...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Touching Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Ladies and Gentlemen, all of my guests, I cannot tell you how pleased I am today to see my daughter Anna looking so radiantly happy, as she begins her life with Steven. My wife and I do feel that we are losing Anna, but entrusting her to Steven?s good care. During the past few months as we have got to know him better, he has shown himself to be exactly the sort of person we had hoped Anna would marry . charming, sincere, and reliable . with a clear idea of what he wants from life and how to achieve it.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- A Heartfelt Wedding Speech by the Father of the Groom There is a small amount of humor at the beginning and toward the end of the speech, but it is the sentiment that makes it special. The speech ends with some advice for the bride and groom, which is touching, and a toast in the form of a poem. The happy couple, reverend celebrant, dear guests. The first wedding speech I ever gave was in 1958 when I married the groom's mother. Oh, I was in love. I remember clearly what a great feeling courtship gave me.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- Touching Wedding Speech by the Bride It is not traditional for the bride to speak but I thought it only right that I start married life as I mean to go on - by having the last word. I would like to take this chance to thank everyone for taking the time to share this magical day with us. Today wouldn’t have been as special as it is without you - our family and friends. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and that the open bar kept you entertained while we were having our photos taken. Please remember to take lots of photos and sign the guest book – please include any advice you have on married life.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Father of the Bride Wedding Speech Welcome, everyone. I believe, that as father of the bride, it is my dubious privilege to make the first speech, so, here's one I prepared earlier. I would like to start by saying what a pleasure it is to welcome, on this very happy occasion all relatives and friends of both families. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank especially my wife for not only being tolerant but more importantly an outstanding mother and the guiding influence in the upbringing of our daughter, culminating in today's celebrations.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Sentimental and Humorous Speech by the Father of the Bride Ladies and gentlemen, it is my very pleasant duty to welcome you here this evening to this special occasion of celebrating this marriage. I'm sure that you will all agree on how radiant and gorgeous the bride is. However the groom is not too bad himself. I know that some of you have traveled quite a distance to be with us here tonight, from both overseas and interstate. We really thank you and welcome you here tonight and hope that you really do enjoy yourselves accordingly.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Thank you for that welcome, I haven’t had applause like that since Frank’s bachelor party in Angels lap dancing club. Ladies and Gentlemen, for those of you who don’t know me I’m Mike, Claire’s Dad and on behalf of my wife Angela and I, I would like to welcome you all here today to celebrate the marriage of our daughter Claire to Frank I would like to welcome Frank’s Mum, Margaret, partner Don, sister Helen and husband Simon as well as all our relatives and friends.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Sentimental Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride This speech uses quotes that are skillfully woven into his more personal message, which is a good way of adding humor and providing the speaker with material that is neither offensive or dull. He also includes several jokes that are popular in wedding speeches, but has given his own twist on them to add originality Ladies and gentlemen, may I start my speech by welcoming the guests. Today, we are surrounded by most of the friends and family that have been important to us during our lives.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Well, good afternoon everyone, for those of you that don?t know me my name is Lee and I?m Janie?s dad, and in keeping with tradition, it is my honor and privilege to deliver the ?Father of the Bride Speech?. Having to make this speech is one of the few opportunities in a married man?s life when he is allowed to do all of the talking...and I intend to make the most of it. Now, giving a speech can be a little stressful so I will put into practice what I preach, that is...always remember the ABC to the XYZ of public speaking.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Father of the Bride Speech with Humor, Sentiment, and Love (Stand up, mobile phone in hand)” Well thank you vicar it is a bit inconvenient at the moment I am just about to start the speeches." I’m afraid there's been a bit of a hiccup in the proceedings; the vicar has just phoned to say that we have to do the registry signing all over again. It appears that the groom’s pen wouldn’t work so he borrowed the vicar’s. He was still having problems so the vicar said. "Put your weight on it”(To the bride) I’m afraid that you are now Mrs.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech Delivered by the Father of the Bride I want to thank all of you for coming and helping Rick and Melissa celebrate this important day in their lives. I've tried to memorize this speech, which isn't easy when you have the memory retention of a geriatric goldfish, so please forgive me if I resort to my notes - probably every five seconds. I did ask for an autocue to be set up in front of me, but apparently the wedding budget doesn't stretch that far... And neither does my eyesight The most important people here for Rick, are Ellen and Terry.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
506 words (1.4 pages)