It is not traditional for the bride to speak but I thought it only right that I start married life as I mean to go on - by having the last word. I would like to take this chance to thank everyone for taking the time to share this magical day with us. Today wouldn’t have been as special as it is without you - our family and friends.
I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and that the open bar kept you entertained while we were having our photos taken. Please remember to take lots of photos and sign the guest book – please include any advice you have on married life!
I would like to thank Mary and Rose for doing the readings. We have a small gift here for you.
A big thank you goes to my bridesmaids, Nicola and Caroline who were both a great help in preparing for the big event and in keeping me calm throughout the day. I have a little something here for you.
Jane and Terry have welcomed me into the family and even put up with me staying with them after I lost my roomate. Thank you for raising Charlie so well for me. I understand that the warranty is out of date now and the refund deadline has long since passed. I might keep him for a while though as he has so many qualities - charm, brains and beauty are sadly the only ones missing
I would like to thank my mom (mum) and dad for all their love, support and guidance throughout my life. I would not be where I am t...
... middle of paper ...
I love you Charles for all that you have made of yourself in this life, and for what I know we will make together in our lives from this day on. I am so proud to be your wife. The most beautiful wedding gift I'll have today is knowing in my heart I have your love forever...........
I would like to take time now to remember those who are unable to be with us today. Many of our family were unable to travel to Chicago (Edinburgh). Others will be looking down on our wedding day- we especially remember my granmother (gran) McFarlane and grandfather (grandpa) Cook and Charlie’s grandpa whose birthday would have been today.
I would therefore like to propose a toast.…. (raise glass) to absent friends…..
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Touching Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride (to the crowd) As Father of the Bride, I am honored to be the first to speak this evening. I would like to begin by welcoming each and every one of you on this joyous occasion. It is good to see so many friends and family here today to help celebrate Paula and Manson’s wedding. I would also like to remember those who have meant so much to our family, but could not be here today. (to Manson) At this time, I would like to take this opportunity to formally and wholeheartedly welcome Manson into our family.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
472 words (1.3 pages)
- Touching Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride Ladies and Gentlemen, all of my guests, I cannot tell you how pleased I am today to see my daughter Anna looking so radiantly happy, as she begins her life with Steven. My wife and I do feel that we are losing Anna, but entrusting her to Steven?s good care. During the past few months as we have got to know him better, he has shown himself to be exactly the sort of person we had hoped Anna would marry . charming, sincere, and reliable . with a clear idea of what he wants from life and how to achieve it.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- A Heartfelt Wedding Speech by the Father of the Groom There is a small amount of humor at the beginning and toward the end of the speech, but it is the sentiment that makes it special. The speech ends with some advice for the bride and groom, which is touching, and a toast in the form of a poem. The happy couple, reverend celebrant, dear guests. The first wedding speech I ever gave was in 1958 when I married the groom's mother. Oh, I was in love. I remember clearly what a great feeling courtship gave me.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- A Thankful Wedding Speech by the Bride Anyone who knows me well enough will know that it is hard to keep me quiet and today is no exception - I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks, although I promise to keep it short. The main reason I wanted to make a speech was to personally say thank you to some very special people who have contributed to today: (To the groom) Firstly, and most importantly, you've made me so happy since we met two years ago and today is the happiest day of my life.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
424 words (1.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech by the Sister of the Bride For those of you that do not already know me I'm the bride's "slightly" older sister. When she first asked me to give her away I felt two things, the first was one of extreme and enormous pride that she'd asked me, and the second Was "Oh my God" I have to do a speech. But please don't worry, this won't take too long. I would like to thank the priest for a lovely service, the priest's boss for keeping an eye out on the weather, and the beautiful bridesmaid.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Families and friends. This has been a terrific day for Bob and I and we are both thrilled you could all be here. I wanted to say a few words in response to my Dad and thank a few people for all their support. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to make these thanks – its amazing how much advice and how many books there are out there for Groom and Best Man’s speeches but there is not a lot out there to help the bride. So having failed to find any sensible advice in print, I thought I would ask around to the family and friends for some advice on what to say this evening.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Well, I guess this is slightly unusual – a brides speech - but those of you who know me will also know that the chance of me being able to keep me mouth shut while everyone else does a speech was pretty slim. So I’m sorry for adding another speech to the list but, if it’s any consolation, I’ll try to keep it short. Also, there are a few things that I want to say that no-one else will so please bear with me. If this sounds like a bad Oscar acceptance speech, I do apologise.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
589 words (1.7 pages)
- Father of the Bride Wedding Speech Welcome, everyone. I believe, that as father of the bride, it is my dubious privilege to make the first speech, so, here's one I prepared earlier. I would like to start by saying what a pleasure it is to welcome, on this very happy occasion all relatives and friends of both families. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank especially my wife for not only being tolerant but more importantly an outstanding mother and the guiding influence in the upbringing of our daughter, culminating in today's celebrations.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Hello everyone. I guess this is slightly unusual - the Bride doing a speech - but as you all know, the chances of me being able to stay quiet whilst everyone else does a speech were pretty slim. A good speech, they say, should be like a mini-skirt - short enough to be interesting, yet long enough to cover the essentials. So here goes........ Thank you all for coming to share the day with us. Many of you have had to take time off work and/or travelled a fair distance to be with us today - we really do appreciate the sacrifices that have been made for us.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
717 words (2 pages)
- Wedding Speech by the Bride It is not traditional for the bride to speak but I thought it only right that I start married life by having the last word and I would like to take this opportunity to thank several people. Firstly, thank you for biting the bullet, proposing, and turning up today, on time and appropriately dressed. You are the love of my life, my best friend, and now my husband. I don't think anybody could be happier than I am today, and I can't wait for us to share the rest of our lives together.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
356 words (1 pages)