Well , what can I say, Thankyou for those kind words Alan
and I hope $20 was enough.
I recently read somewhere that a survey had been conducted
of things that people fear most, and top of the list above things like
spiders and heights, was the fear of standing up and making a speech in public.
I'm no different, suffice to say that this isn't the first time today I've
risen from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand.
Many people thought this day would never come. That I'd be
standing here making the speech of a Newly Married man, myself included.
Many people have also told me how lucky I am to be
marrying Jo, including Jo in fact.
But I would like everybody here, especially my new bride,
to know how lucky and proud I am to be standing here speaking to you
as her husband.
WIFE & I
And so, for the very first time, I'd like to say, 'On behalf of my Wife and I'
I would like to thank you all for coming today and sharing
Our special day.
I know this is meant to be our day, but of course it
wouldn't be as special a day if it wasn't for our family and friends
being here with us, and I'm sure you'll all agree that we found the ideal
setting for this memorable occasion.
We would also like to thank you all for your cards, kind thoughts and wonderful gifts.
Tradition dictates that I now tell you an amusing stor...
... middle of paper ...
...would like to thank our little
Bridesmaids, Charlotte and
Lucy for doing such a great job today. I'm sure you'll all
agree they look
beautiful, especially in their bridesmaids dresses, which once
was kind enough to make.
Now, ladies and gentlemen please be upstanding and raise
your glasses in
a toast to Charlotte and Lucy
Before I sit down I'd like to finish by reading a
quotation I came across a
couple of days ago, that I found very apt.
"Happy marriages begin when we marry the one we love,
And they blossom when we love the one we married"
With that thought in mind, I look forward to a wonderful
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I’d like to start by thanking Alan for his kind words and also to thank him on behalf of everyone for footing the bill for today’s festivities……… Having had a wonderful spread and knowing what we have to look forward to tonight, I now understand why he had the heating turned off all last winter. I was going to begin with ladies and gentlemen but on looking around I'm glad I didn't. So here goes. Distinguished guests, those of lesser distinction, and those of no distinction at all…… Family, relatives, (new and old), in-laws and outlaws, friends, friends of friends, and freeloaders Welcome to our wedding reception.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Well , what can I say, Thankyou for those kind words Alan and I hope $20 was enough. I recently read somewhere that a survey had been conducted of things that people fear most, and top of the list above things like spiders and heights, was the fear of standing up and making a speech in public. I'm no different, suffice to say that this isn't the first time today I've risen from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand. MANY PEOPLE Many people thought this day would never come.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom On behalf of my wife and I, I would like to start by thanking Leon for his kind words……….easily the best $10 I ever spent……….and I’d like to thank him on behalf of everyone here today for providing the wedding feast. I would also like to thank Leon and Mindy for welcoming me into their family and their kindness and friendship since I first met them, though obviously they didn’t know me at the time else they might have locked their daughter up to keep her safe from me.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Before I start I have to ask... Do you like my outfit?... you see, I asked the tailor for Versace... but he thought I said "Liberace". Ladies, Gentlemen, Friends, Relatives and any stray pedestrians who may have wandered in. On behalf of my wife and I... or as I prefer to call her "my most recent ex-girlfriend", welcome to our wedding. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves on this special day. Its great to see you all and I can honestly say it would have been rubbish without you.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I’ll have to keep this speech short because of my shins . . . Nicola has threatened to kick them I go on too long. The humor here is that you think I’m joking. I’d like to start by thanking you all on behalf of my wife and I, for sharing our special day. Thank you all for your kind wishes, cards and presents. I can’t wait to see how many stick on shower radios we get, and exactly how you wrap a wheelbarrow. Nicola and I have been worrying about this day for weeks and it means a great deal to us that you managed to make it.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Ladies and Gentlemen, you are about to witness a unique event in history. This is the very first and very last time that my wife is going to let me speak on behalf of both of us. Today, so far has been a day beyond my wildest dreams. They say you don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without which is very true with Karen. I thought I had prepared myself quite well for today but nothing could have prepared me enough for when I saw Karen walk down the aisle.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I would like to start my speech today by thanking Richard for his kind words. I am really proud to have become Isia’s husband; ever since the day we met I have been treated as one of the family and this has made our Journey to this day that much smoother. Thank you both for your blessing I promise that I will make you proud and live up to the high expectations I am sure you have. Thank you for everything you have both done in making this day so special if it wasn’t for you I am sure I would still be saving.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Well, as Henry VIII said to each one of his wives … 'I shall not keep you long'. Ladies and Gentlemen, this day is an historic day, on this day in 1666, the Great Fire of London started - nothing to do with my wife's cooking. And on this day in the year 2000, you attended this wedding reception and heard the finest wedding speech of your entire lifetime, and my best man Michael will be making it. I after all, did have a great speech worked out for you today, but as I am now married, my wife has told me what to say instead.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Best Man Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Groom Firstly, on behalf of the bridesmaids, I'd like to thank the groom for his kind words, and I have to say they have done an excellent job today and look absolutely wonderful. I am very proud that I was chosen to be the best man today. It’s often said at weddings that being asked to be the best man is like being asked to kiss the Queen. Its a great honor but nobody wants to do it. I have a large library of stories to tell you that will leave the groom embarrassed and humiliated, but out of respect for him on his big day I have decided not to tell them.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Families and friends. This has been a terrific day for Bob and I and we are both thrilled you could all be here. I wanted to say a few words in response to my Dad and thank a few people for all their support. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to make these thanks – its amazing how much advice and how many books there are out there for Groom and Best Man’s speeches but there is not a lot out there to help the bride. So having failed to find any sensible advice in print, I thought I would ask around to the family and friends for some advice on what to say this evening.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1114 words (3.2 pages)