One of the things that has troubled me as of late is my generation. The generation that is referred to is the group of people currently aged 15-21 - whether or not this is a "generation," so to speak, is irrelevant. These people, for the most part, disturb me. It frightens me to know that the people that I've grown up with are going to be leading the country and the world in the decades to come. The overwhelming majority of the kids that I've come in contact with over the past few years are apathetic monsters. They don't care about school, they don't care about themselves, and they don't care about their future. To dissect the three aforementioned attributes...
Kids don't care about school.
Why is it that so many kids decide that ditching school on a fairly consistent basis and/or not caring at all about their grades is the right thing to do? What could possibly be more important than school at such an age? You're a fool to tell me that getting high, going to a mall, getting trashed or any other alternative is better than going to school. You're a fool to tell me that the sole point of going to school is to see and gossip about other people with your friends. An education is the gateway to future success. The kids who don't care about school (all too many) are living for the moment, and not thinking about the long run. Instead of channelling their energies into studying, they instead take the easy way out and have fun. Who wants an incompentant oaf for President?
Kids don't care about themselves.
Why is it that so many kids decide that injecting themselves with various chemicals is the right thing to do? I can't tell you how many und...
... middle of paper ...
...is that there are other, harmless ways to set themselves aside from others; they also don't realize the irony that their rebellion is actually quite conformist, seeing how there already is a sizable portion of the population that can be labeled rebels. The second sad trait to this is that other, "normal" (meaning non-sheep and non-rebels) people take to liking these individuals, whether it be as friends or romantically. How a rational-thinking person can identify with these out-of-touch miscreants is beyond my comprehension. The so-called rebels act ridiculously outlandish, only to inexplicably generate positive responses from their sickening behavior from others. The rebels crave attention, and the way that they get it is through their ludicrous conduct. God forbid if they don't draw any attention... What do you think is responsible for all of the school shootings?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... It’s became the subject of maintenance that requires an ideal strategy. System Equipment Reliability Priority (SERP) is a new model to rank the equipment prioritization based on six parameters for system criticality ranking, one parameter for operational criticality ranking and one parameter for asset failure probability. The analysis calculation will generate a Maintenance Priority Index (MPI). MPI will provide information to the management about equipments which become the main focus (Wahyudi, 2009).... [tags: inventory control models, ABC analysis]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- “I drink to make other people more interesting.” ― Ernest Hemingway In the great world of tending bar there is a myriad selection of customers one would encounter; The Social Drinker, The Self Defined Outcast, The Fish Out of Water, and last but never the least, The Freshman. Each level of drinker has its advantages in social circles and also has equal negative repercussions. Most of these classes aren't built from years of drinking, rather are formed through the personality traits they already have developed through their childhood and young adulthood.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- As the owner of three unique pups, I know that dogs’ variances are numerous. Any one who owns a dog knows that it has a mind of its own, and therefore a unique personality. Having had many dogs throughout my life, I have found that dogs fit into three classifications. Annie dogs As princesses of the canine universe, Annie type dogs have a loving yet manipulative personality. An Annie dog assumes the role of queen bee. As leader of the pack, she keeps everybody in line. She dominates all of the other dogs, often by physical herding or malicious growl.... [tags: Classification Essay]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Plagiarism - Three Types of Cheaters "Fools make researches and wise men exploit them." Merriam-Webster's dictionary defines the word plagiarize as to pass off as one's own the ideas or words of another. Every student knows that plagiarism is dishonest and wrong. Why do so many students do it. Students themselves may not believe that they are plagiarizing. Many students plagiarize because of the diverse types of plagiarism which are often unknown to students. The three major types of plagiarism are shameless, haphazard and self-plagiarism.... [tags: Classification Essays Cheating ]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- The Three Types of Annoying Shoppers Tires squeal across the hot asphalt; exhaust fumes fill the air. Innocent shoppers leap to safety as cars circle the neighborhood grocery store lot in search of the ideal parking spot. Engines revving. Adrenaline rushing. The driver's sole mission is to obtain a white lined rectangle of pavement before entering the race known as shopping. As a safety precaution, competent and considerate shoppers should be aware of the distinct character traits of the three annoying types of shoppers: Hurry Harry, Suburban Sally, and Picky Pete.... [tags: Classification Essays]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- I strongly believe that people of my generation are smarter and more intelligent than our ancestors, while my grandparents disagree with this idea. I see that the present-day discovery of scientific facts and modern technology help shaping our idea of the world and lead us to the better understanding of the world, by giving us skill of swiftness, convenient access to information and fact of nature, and correcting the false myths. Also, brand-new style of teaching allows kids these days to be more creative and confident than those in the old days, as students are allowed to use ask their teacher when in doubt, and join an open discussion in class.... [tags: My Generation]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Types of Gas Pumpers There are many types of people who purchase gasoline, but three types are easy to spot. All three have an obvious physical appearance which sets them apart from other gas purchasers. Each also has a distinctive pumping technique and freely vocalizes his opinion. Finally, each type has a particular way of annoying every other patron at the same location. The first type of gas purchaser is Leisure Lou. He can be identified immediately by his appearance. He drives a station wagon with wooden side panels and a bumper sticker that tells the world that he is retired.... [tags: Classification Essays]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Classification of Exercise Partners Every woman's magazine I've ever read gives its readers advice on exercising, and one of the most common tips I've seen is to find a partner to exercise with. In my experience, however, having an exercise partner is not a good idea. I have encountered five types of exercise partners, and I have concluded that it is definitely best to exercise alone. The Drill Sergeant My ex-boyfriend represents the Drill Sergeant. He is one of those people whose motto is "No pain, no gain." Of course, he assumes that everyone else follows this decree as well.... [tags: Classification Essays]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Classification of Movie Goers Many people go to the movies. The movies are an escape into a fantasy world. Everyone has a different preference on what kind of movie is the best. Romance, horror, action, and comedy are different types of movies. The kind of movie someone goes to see can give clues to what kind of person they are. People who prefer horror films obviously like to be grossed out or like to be frightened. The horror fans probably tend to enjoy suspense and anxiety. One might suspect these people love to go on frightening roller coaster rides or do other things that would cause suspense and anxiousness.... [tags: Classification Essay ]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- Classifications of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice cold beer. How about drinking a cold one with some friends at a local bar after a hard day's work, sounds satisfying doesn't it. Beer has been around for hundreds years and will be around for hundreds more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1332 words (3.8 pages)