Beverly Smith is currently 70 years old. She was raised in Fullerton and was part of a family of five children. Her mother influenced her life greatly. Beverly grew up quickly as a result of her mother's death when she was only 11 years old. Her mother was well honored by many. Beverly is actively involved in her religion, and enjoys exercising, and listening to music.
Beverly's definition of happiness is "where your heart is involved, it is a focus outside of yourself." At times, she chooses to be contented rather than happy. As a child, she did not discuss her feelings, and it was hard for her to know when she was happy.
When she is unhappy, Beverly turns to her faith. She practices what she preaches. She also turns to her close friends. Beverly says that she is wealthy in her friendships. Physical fitness is very important for Beverly's sense of happiness. She walked four miles to work for sixteen years, and now she attends aerobics class twice a week, reads her Bible daily, and enjoys listening to music. It makes Beverly unhappy that she does not get to spend time with her children. She says that she would like to get to know them better.
In regard to dealing with difficult people, Beverly told the story about a neighbor of hers. This neighbor has a bad attitude and used to upset Beverly so much that she would cry every day before work, but now, she has learned not to let it affect her. She said that she also does not hold grudges.
When Beverly's mother died, she was only 11 years old and it was terribly hard for her. She was the youngest of her brothers and sisters. They each had their own interests and activities, so she often found herself feeling lonely. Her childhood affect...
... middle of paper ...
... focus on differences more than relationships.
Beverly is usually pleased with herself because she is usually happy. She does not work on perfection, but on excellence. She is also comfortable with herself and with being alone. She is very interested with religion and would like to study more. Even though she has many male friends, she would like to have a man in her life.
Her advice for finding happiness is to stay open to life, run with every experience, and always get up when you fall.
My interview with Beverly Smith really helped me to stay open to the many possibilities life holds for me. It helped me to realize that I should follow my passions in order to be happy and how much the decisions I make now affect my future. I hope that someday I can achieve at least half as much as she has in her life. I admire her independence, charisma, and perseverance.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A marriage is the creation of a new family by bringing together two distinct people from individual and very distinctly different backgrounds. The bringing together of two different people often can cause conflict. Merging families can also create a harmonious relationship of balance and teamwork if both of their differences and similarities compliment each other. After conducting an interview with Darlene and Mike Smith it became very evident that theirs was a seemingly balanced and harmonious relationship.... [tags: Interview Essay]
1679 words (4.8 pages)
- I have taken an interview of the Human Resources Manager Mr. John Smith of a respected University. I asked him to come for a coffee at Starbucks coffee shop. He did not refuse me and came at time. First, I shared my course content and whatever I knew about course and career. I started with explaining many things regarding human resource management, as he is the most competent Human Resources Manager in my eyes. I started by describing about what our College is teaching about Human Resource Management.... [tags: Interview Essay]
2809 words (8 pages)
- Kevin Smith and His Work Kevin Patrick Smith (born August 2, 1970) is a screenwriter, film director, and the creator of View Askew Productions. He is also known as a comic book writer and actor, although he has criticized his own acting ability on more than one occasion.... [tags: Producer Director Kevin Smith Mallrats]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- I interviewed Manuel, co-owner of All Pro Motor Sports, because his business is extremely innovative and growth-oriented. The purpose of this interview was to learn the following: § how to identify a business opportunity § how to successfully launch a business § how to deal with perceived risks prior to start-up § how to solve problems encountered during start-up and over the lifetime of a venture BACKGROUND I was introduced to Manuel through a mutual acquaintance that knows I am truly fascinated by the ability to customize vehicles, but more specifically, expensive luxury vehicles.... [tags: Interview Essays]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Although entrepreneurial success is occasionally a result of luck, most would agree that it is achieved through a combination of sound business sense, planning, and spirit. An excellent example of the seamless execution of these elements of entrepreneurial success is PMA member Maia Haag of I See Me. in Wayzata, Minnesota. Here are some highlights of my recent interview with her. Q: My Very Own Name is certainly an innovative book. What was your inspiration. A: I was looking for a product with which to start my own business.... [tags: Interview Essays]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- I had the opportunity to interview an E.M.T. The E.M.T. I chose to interview was my friend Matt from the Highland lakes squad. I chose to interview him because it is easier for me to talk to someone I know than someone I don't know, and also I wanted to find out whats its like being an E.M.T.. Q: Why did you become an E.M.T.. A: I enjoy helping people, and I felt that I wanted to be able to do more than just basic first aid and CPR. Q: What does it mean to be on call. A: It means that if the alarm goes off you are the person that responds to the call.... [tags: interview essays]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- Interviewing is a selling situation. It involves the exchange of information and building of personal chemistry. It’s not only what you say that’s important but how you say it. There are seven key things you can do to build a positive rapport. Research can help build chemistry The first step for building a rapport is to research the company in advance. If you’ve ever met someone who knew a lot about you, it kind of takes you by surprise, doesn’t it. It is a great way to make a positive first impression.... [tags: Interview Essays]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- To inspire and influence others, a leader must possess many skills and abilities. As motivational speaker Peter Northouse, states, “a leader should be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant” (Northouse, 2013) Moving an entire group of individuals toward a singular goal is a considerable undertaking. Without effective communication skills and a clear vision of what needs to be accomplished, one will feel like they are trying to herd cats rather than leading.... [tags: Interview Essay]
2044 words (5.8 pages)
- This company is partnership ran business that opened its doors in 1991, in the small town of Marengo, IL. Mark Anderson and Sam Accib are the proud founders of this HVAC and plumbing business for residential or commercial. The company was unable to give an annul report, due to the fact that it is a small business, and it not necessary in their company. The promotional practices used throughout the years have been ads in the Northwest Herald (three to five times a year), the Marengo Paper, and the most important one is the word of mouth apportion.... [tags: Career Interview]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- The interview I conducted took place in the courtyard of my complex in Smallville, with the interviewee and myself. For the purpose of his paper and to protect the adolescent privacy lets call her Regina. Regina is a fourteen-year-old adolescent female of Africa American descent. She is above average in height and carries a very shy and nonchalance deposition. She is a very attractive young lady and does above average work in her school setting. She appears to be a normal every day child with a lifetime of experiences awaiting her.... [tags: Interview Essays]
2096 words (6 pages)