I picture myself center stage in the most enormous and fantastically beautiful theater in the world. Its walls and ceilings are covered in impeccable Victorian paintings of angels in the sky. A single ray of light shines down upon my face, shining through the still, silent darkness, and all attention is on me and me alone. The theater is a packed house; however, my audience is not that of human beings, but rather the angels from the paintings on the walls come alive, sitting intently in the rows of plush seats. Their warmth encompasses my body, and I know at that moment that it is time to begin.
I open my mouth. From deep inside my soul a melody flows out of my chest, off of my tongue, and finally caresses my lips with the sweetest touch, and my song fills the air with a boldness like that of the glory of the angels. The sound of my song is that of unfathomable wonder, a voice as sweet and smooth as the face of a child. I sing and sing and sing my heart out, and I wonder and wonder and wonder in awe of the sound that is coming from my mouth and my...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Such are the familiar dreams of falling from a height, of teeth falling out, of flying and of embarrassment of being naked” (Freud 69). These dreams that we experience, are believed to be representations of our desires or fears, according to Freudian ideology. Sigmund Freud also believed that there existed a structural model for our personalities that consisted of the id, ego, and superego. He held the idea that the id was an instinctual drive that relied upon the pleasure principle. Conversely, however outrageous the desire was, it was repressed by the superego.... [tags: pyschology, freud]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- The Dream of Gold - Personal Narrative As I dart through "the desert" in the last game of the day, with only a few balls left in my hopper, I can feel the air of crossfire speeding by my body. I dive to the ground, see my opponent and shoot, I cover him in paint, hes out of the game. Paintballing one of the more challenging, stratigic and fun games should definetly be adoped by the Olympics, and will be if people promote the sport. Although it would be an extremely hard process, competing for the glory of gold would be worth every little bit of effort.... [tags: Papers]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative- A Seinfeld Addict's Dream Come True My heart ached. As constant as the waves of the sea slap the rocks, so the emptiness lurked. The icy hand of desperation wrapped me up and constricted. I was suffocating in that dismal abyss of loathsome sitcoms. I lamented but nobody heard, my pain had no companions. "No. Why. Why. Why?" I cried. I dropped down on my knees and flailed my arms wildly. My lamentation sliced through the air like a blade through butter. "Worry not Michael, there is counseling available." my mom replied.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
3280 words (9.4 pages)
- Dream a Little Dream My grandmother always said, “you cannot choose between life or death while sleeping”. When you are sleeping, your body practically doesn’t belong to you. Its almost as though you have no control over anything that might happen to you in your dreams, especially if it is something dangerous. When I ask people why this happens, they theorize that a powerful force or being has entrapped your body. You could end up dying in your dreams, thus leading to your death or illness in reality.... [tags: Narrative Essay Dying Death Asleep]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- My Dream Career In today’s society, there are many different dream jobs to choose from, be it a job in nursing, the Military, Education, legal, or maybe even engineering. The list can go on and on as long as I am determined on finding the right job that fits me. I would have to weigh out the good and the bad of each one I considered. Every different one that I thought would be a good fit for me had some good points to them as well as some bad ones. At the end of the day, I have decided to go with a career in nursing.... [tags: Nursing, Health, Healthcare occupations, Therapy]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- American Dream Every person has an American Dream they want to pursue, achieve and live. Many people write down goals for themselves in order to get to their dream. Those never ending goals can range from academic to personal. As of today, I am living my dream. My American Dream is to become a nurse, travel to many places, have a family, and get more involved with God. Ever since I was younger, I wanted to get into the medical field. Both my grandmothers used to work in the hospital and I would always wanted to tag along.... [tags: career goals, nurse]
570 words (1.6 pages)
- Without a doubt, being a highly respected photographer would be my dream career. The type of job that wouldn 't feel like a job because it is one of my favorite hobbies. Growing up I always noticed how much longer I took to take a picture of someone than when they did the same for me. I soon realized that I actually had a passion for getting the right shot that I understood that not every pictures the same and that certain angles made others look better in places. The praise I received for taking a lot of these pictures motivated me.... [tags: Photography, Image, Nicéphore Niépce, Photograph]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- When spending time with my girlfriends I listen to the many complaints of early marriage and having children at a young age. The never ending conversations about how everything changes and your life is not your own anymore is a bore. From the lousy sex to cheating with the girl next door leaves me confused as to why divorce papers haven’t been drawn up, and then the famous expression, “I could’ve had a career and gone places,” seems to always end the conversations. But for me this is not the case.... [tags: red brick, sculpture]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative My Dream Computer When deciding what will run my dream computer, processor-wise that is, I am reminded of a friends computer that last year, was running with two Pentium III's, running at 650 Megahertz a piece. This year he is looking to upgrade on this design. I however, will be able to take his idea, and with money being no object, destroy the speed and reliability of his computer by installing two, one gigahertz Pentium III"s onto a Intel STL2 motherboard ($899). I chose this motherboard for it being one of the few on the market that comes with the capability of supporting dual processors.... [tags: Papers]
2210 words (6.3 pages)
- Personal Narrative Dream of Travelling through a Cell My brother was studying for his biology test. The next morning he was telling me about the dream he had. He said he traveled through a cell. I started to call him insane. My brother have an educational dream. I thought to myself, impossible. My brother started to tell me his crazy dream. The first place he came upon was the cell wall. He was trying to find a way out. He said he started to talk to the cell wall. He asked the cell wall the way out.... [tags: Papers]
489 words (1.4 pages)