In the beginning, there was football. The official said, Let the stadium lights come on, and they came on. The football players came onto the field, and they saw the light was good. Other teams started to show up and practice on the battle ground, otherwise known as the "playing field." Fans shouted, and cheerleaders went on about their playful acts. Parents, brothers, sisters, and close friends all piled into the stands to see the game of the year. The official stepped out onto the moist grass at Williams Stadium in Plano, Texas. The time was seven o'clock p.m. on a Thursday night. He paused for a moment, looked at his stopwatch, and blew his whistle. Gigantic muscular men came from out of nowhere as the fans began to cheer, waving various flags, and clanging cow bells. The bells sounded like a wind chime in an April shower, all different sounds at different times.
The players ran out to the middle of the stadium. A smell of hatred and resentment came about in the air. The crowd came unglued from their seats. The sounds of various noisemakers filled the air once again. Parents and grandparents alike came to their feet in the stands. Cars stopped on the street in front of the stadium, as they honked their horns, and cheered for their team of choice. As the two burly men stood in the middle of the field, many thoughts ran through their heads. They both knew someone was going to die, but defeat was out of the question. The official tossed a polished silver quarter into the air. The coin hit the wet grass with a shiny face of George Washington clearly showing. The home team will receive the ball. Both anger infested players shook hands and ran back to their sideline. The fans began to cheer as the players t...
... middle of paper ...
...e smile on my face was literally being pulled up by strings that wouldn't seem to let go.
Our kicker went on to kick the extra point, as only one minute remained on the time clock. The Clark Cougars went on to beat the Williams Warriors. I could see it now on the front page of the town newspaper. "Clark demolishes Williams for the first time in 14 years!" We finally beat the best team in the world! As we celebrated, and jumped around on the soggy grass, a tear came to my eye. It was all hitting me now. I finally achieved the goal of my life! I could not control the tremendous smirk on my face. As I watched the coach from the opposing team cry in agony, I thought to myself, "That must be what they call the agony of defeat." I knew that the moment of my life I had long waited for, was gone. Only memories are left in my mind, and I cherish every single one of them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It don’t matter if you 're a high school senior with 12 scholarship offers or a 7th grader in middle school with no playing time under your belt, i believe that you should treat the game of football as a professional business because when you don 't set the right example of how to act the people judging you do, when you don 't play to meet their standards that they have set for you they do, when you make mistakes the people judging you do. It don 't matter if a player is the best student at the school when that student don 't act the way the people judging feels that he should act the double standard is put into place that no one speak about.... [tags: National Football League, Super Bowl]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- For centuries, jocks and nerds have fought a war trying to declare which of their hobbies was better. Football players will usually go on about their strength and speed, while video gamers show off their skill and intelligence. Neither side even tries to understand each other, and tend to dislike each other. One of the only huge difference between video game players and football players is that one of them is on a field and the other is on a computer or console. For this comparison, I will use League of Legends.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Success without adversity is impossible. Everyone in life has their ups and downs and nothing in this world is perfect. At some point in life, hardships begin to occur and that’s when the real test begins. Some people rise up and try their absolute best to take a stand against the challenge. Then there are others that would crawl back into their shells, crying for mercy. There should be no excuse for giving up or not putting in the effort. People are only successful in winning the battle of adversity when they are mentally tough.... [tags: football, sports, ]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- American football derives from rugby, a British game. Ivy League colleges were the first to play American Football games. Harvard was the first college to finally develop standardized rules for the game. Football, America’s great pastime and most popular sport. Why do we love it so much. People enjoy the shared experience, the socialization it offers. Others appreciate the technical aspects of the game, the strategy involved, what it takes to win. Some are in it just for the money, playing fantasy football leagues to owning the teams themselves.... [tags: American football, Football, Football helmet]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Safeguards currently and potentially incorporated to protect children The game of football is a collision sport where injuries are not preventable; however youth football leagues have an establishment of standard procedures and requirements for game play. Initiating standards and requirements for game play are necessary to lessen the risk of being seriously injured. Instilling an age and weight requirement will level the playing field where all participants are approximately equal in size. Creating different divisions are determined by a strict age and weight scale to ensure safe and balanced competition.... [tags: Concussion, Traumatic brain injury]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Over 114 million people watched the championship game of the NFL, also known as the Super Bowl, in 2015, but very few probably know how football itself began (Breech). American football is one of the oldest sports in the United States and began being played in 1869 (Pro Football Hall of Fame). I have played the game for about 10 years of my life, and am currently playing at Central Michigan University. With all my knowledge of the game, I still did not have the greatest knowledge about the history and startup of football.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- Are You Ready For Some Football. From the early ages in history to the present day, sports have always been an important part of society. It teaches discipline, how to be a team player, how to interact with others and is a good source of physical activity. In specific, football utilizes all of these aspects of sports and it’s a great source of teaching self-restraint and perseverance. Some may say that football is a violent sport or it’s not beneficial in any way, but in reality it gives a person the basic tools needed not only for playing the game, but also how you interact with people in society.... [tags: essays research papers]
1951 words (5.6 pages)
- Out of all the recent moments that have occurred in my life there is one that sticks out the most to me. This moment would be when my football coach took me to the Penn State versus Ohio State football game last year. The feeling of being able to see a big college football game was incredible. One day after high school football practice my coach had come up to me and asked if I wanted to go to a football game with him. Of course, I said yes, but it did not cross my mind of what game I was going to watch.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- The game of football is an essential determining factor that turns boys into men, and every boy at some point should learn to play the game. Not for the game itself, but for the things it teaches about working hard to achieve a goal and how to find another way to reach that goal if failure ensues the first try. The fundamentals of football were drilled into me as a three year old, along with tremendous off season workouts and being able to coach little league football and passing down my knowledge to others, are the key factors that lead to my breakout season and being one of the best players on the team.... [tags: Play, Game, Muscle, Steps]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- The Football Game In the beginning, there was football. The official said, Let the stadium lights come on, and they came on. The football players came onto the field, and they saw the light was good. Other teams started to show up and practice on the battle ground, otherwise known as the "playing field." Fans shouted, and cheerleaders went on about their playful acts. Parents, brothers, sisters, and close friends all piled into the stands to see the game of the year. The official stepped out onto the moist grass at Williams Stadium in Plano, Texas.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Examples]
1480 words (4.2 pages)
- A Destructive Tornado
- A Perfect Day in the Ocean
- Doctor-Assisted Suicide Should be Legalized
- Exemplification Essay: Euthanasia Should Be Legalized
- Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia - No Human Life Should End by Unnatural Means
- Circumstances that Justify the Use of Physician-Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia