The world around us changes. This simple fact is obvious everywhere we look. Streams wash dirt and stones from higher places to lower places. Untended gardens fill with weeds. - National Academy of Sciences
Humans are inquisitive creatures. Throughout the centuries, we have thought, "Why are we here?" This one question has brought thousands of answers. Once Gods and Goddesses reigned. The many hands of Tishri and Buddha, Tao, Confucius, Muhammad, Huitzpotcly of the South Americas, Re of Egypt, and countless others have been worshiped. From these gods comes the creation of man. In our local, modern society, Christ is present in the vast majority of homes, and behind Christ, the Bible, or the book of God's word.
In the New International version of the Bible, creation was performed by GOD. It took Him seven days. On the first day, He created the earth, covered in water. The "glory of God" provided the light for Earth, as He proclaimed, "Let there be light." He created an atmosphere on the second day. Dry land emerged, on day three, from the sea, displacing it. On this day, He also brought forth trees and plants, which grew and matured before the end of the day. God distinguished night and day on day four. The sun and moon were placed to mark the passing of time. Adam, Eve and all of their descendants knew it to be so. Day five: creatures reproduce according to species. The next day, day six, brought the reproduction of humans and animals alike. Then, God rested on the seventh day (hollaway2).
This is the accepted Christian story of creation. People believed it undoubtedly until Charles Darwin, possibly the world's most noted evolutionist, ...
... middle of paper ...
...more secure faith in a greater good, or possibly a great god.
Bethel, Tom. "Evolution Is Not a Scientific Fact." Science and Religion: Opposing Viewpoints. RohrJanelle. San Diego, CA. Greenhaven Press Inc. 1988
email@example.com. November 30, 1998. Evolution vs. Creation Resource Center. Evolution vs. Creation Resource Center.
Halloway, Kevin1. November 18, 1998. Is Evolution Science? Evolutionism vs. Creationism; Is Evolution Science?
Halloway, Kevin2. November 18, 1998. Creation; Faith or Fact? The Final Countdown? Creation; Faith or Fact?
Johanson, David. Lucy: The Beginnings of Humankind. New York. Simon and Schuster. 1981
National Academy of Sciences. November 30, 1998. "Teaching about evolution and the nature of science [Working Group on Teaching Evolution, National Academy of Sciences]".
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Proofing God’s existence Although a person may claim that it is rational or justifiable not to believe in God, the apostle Paul tells us otherwise. In Romans 1:20 he writes that no one has an excuse for not believing in God because all creation declares His person. As well, King David expressed a similar statement in Psalm 19:1 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and God-head; so that they are without excuse….... [tags: Relligion, God, Creation]
1845 words (5.3 pages)
- Where do we come from. The creation of the world has been told through many different stories, and from a variety of religions across the world. The argument between evolution and creation has been debated back and forth for years. So how do we know which claim is correct. Has all life evolved from simple bacteria to all the species that appear today, or did life on earth begin with God's creation of Adam from dust and his partner Eve from adam’s rib bone. As a child I grew up attending church every Sunday with my grandparents, attending bible school, and taught the ways of the Lord.... [tags: Creationism, Evolution]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Religion is the belief in and worship of a phenomenal controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. Religion has been the part of human from the dawn of time, and whether people believe in almighty God or any other god. Most religions believe in a particular higher power, as a result it raises a question whether God really exists or not. Every person in this world can give an answer to that particular question in there on way and according to their religion. Some will say that God exists and they will give there proof of Gods existence, but there are others that believe God doesn’t exist and there is no such thing as God.... [tags: religion, god, exist]
1053 words (3 pages)
- The Validity of Creationism and Evolution Abstract: This paper discusses the validity of both creation and evolution and examines whether they can interact with each other. Besides doing my own research, I have chosen to interview four people extensively involved in either Christianity or biology. I specifically picked interviewees who strongly supported either evolution or creation to get both sides of the issue. Two of the people were from United Christian Fellowship (UCF): Andrew Larratt-Smith, leader of UCF, and Ricardo Dawkins, UCF small group member.... [tags: Science Creationism Evolution Essays]
3549 words (10.1 pages)
- Evolution versus Creationism Evolution is a theory that’s based on science and more detailed evidence while Creationism is a faith-based theory. In no way is faith, a factor that influences the ideas and theories supported by scientists. As such, you really cannot compare one to the other; you have to just choose which one you believe is true although it is possible to believe in both at the same time. Since the beginning of human life, there has been a single question that has puzzled even the greatest of philosophers and scientists.... [tags: Evolution Bible]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- The views of society towards the creation of humanity have rapidly changed since the discovery of evolution. Nevertheless, there was a time before the world did not know the theory of evolution and the theories demonstrated by Sir Charles Darwin. Before the evolution, there were people who were subjected to religious ideologies of how mankind was created, they believed that the upper class was known to be “divine creatures”. However, the introduction of evolution leads the theory to be the base of biology and changes the minds of people all over the world.... [tags: creation, darwin, humans]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- The Design of Life - God or Evolution. Life has indeed been designed, but by whom or what is the central controversy. Creationists believe it was an intelligent designer, namely, God; evolutionists believe it was a driving force of nature, namely, natural selection. Natural selection works when life forms with advantageous survival traits live long enough to breed, therefore passing on those traits to the next generation. Life forms with weaker traits die before breeding, and therefore disappear from the gene pool.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Living Proof A radical nut can be screaming at you off a street corner shouting something about your soul and a “God” who loves you. He yells “God is real, save your soul!” and no one stops to think much more then “This guy is crazy!”. Where is the proof in that. This is one of the major problems people have when trying to understand a higher power. This essay will consist of mind bending proof that we walk by each day, and the changing effects of having faith in Jesus Christ. It’s safe to say that many people of this age believe in a higher power, as did many hundreds of years ago.... [tags: social issues]
656 words (1.9 pages)
- ... The eight men would have had to of cut all the timber needed to construct the ship, shape the timber into the needed materials, create the needed equipment because at that time the tools needed would be unavailable at that time in history, actually construct the ship, get the needed provisions for the ship and still gather all the animals which includes dinosaurs onto the ship approximately all thirty-five thousand of them. It has been argued that Noah being five hundred years old at the time of the flood was still in well physical shape and was wise for his age (The Holy Bible) had the knowledge to do all of these feats from his many years upon the earth.... [tags: darwinism, god, bible]
1813 words (5.2 pages)
- The majority of people in this world believe that a spiritual being created earth. In fact, "most religions and cultures believe the universe was created by a 'creative hand,' either a sky god or some other physical object" (Encarta 1). Think of it, as a trial to see which will win, creation or evolution. It has been the most argued debate in all of history, but creationism is more logical than evolution. To first understand what creation is about, we have to know what creation is. The Bible defines creation as the action by God that brought the universe and all its contents into being.... [tags: essays research papers]
886 words (2.5 pages)