Describe an object that is important to you and explain why
My Kelty Redwing backpack is folded up in my closet. Cramped on a shelf next to a box of old textbooks and forgotten letters, my backpack, like me, would rather be elsewhere.
Gloomy New England is no place for an active pack such as mine. There, the pack's buoyant purple, teal, and navy blue colors seem lost in shadow. Helpless, I do likewise, and watch my skin turn from a healthy tan to sickly white. We can hardly wait for the upcoming vacation. I take my pack to and from school with me. Holding up to 5600 cubic inches, my pack feels comfortable on my back even with sixty pounds of gear.
During winter vacation, I usually take a skiing trip to a cabin in the Washington State Wilderness. Loaded with everything from Monopoly to a waffle iron, my backpack shields me from snow dripped by evergreens. It never actually skis, but my backpack wouldn't dare miss a downhill ski trip in the Rockies of Idaho. I leav...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Describe an important character and explain why they are important. Lord of the Flies by William Golding - Ralph Describe an important character and explain why they are important. An important character in Lord of the Flies by William Golding is Ralph. Ralph is a strong leader in the book who all the boys respect, and he is the person who first tries to create an order on the island. In some ways Ralph's motivation for being a good, powerful leader is his longing for home. Ralph's relationship with another boy on the island, Jack is very important also.... [tags: English Literature]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- 1. Describe the Museum interior and exterior. What kind of museum is it. Art. History. Ethnographic. Explain: The Yale University Art Gallery was founded in 1833 when John Trumbull donated to the University a collection of over 100 paintings of the American Revolution. The original building was raised in 1901. Currently the gallery, considered to be the oldest in the western hemisphere, houses a huge collection of art occupying several buildings of the University. The Main building of the Gallery was built in 1953 and was among the very first designs of Louis Kahn, who taught architecture at Yale.... [tags: Roman Empire, Ancient Rome, Dionysus, Mosaic]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- 3. Describe the electrical conduction system of the heart. The normal electrical conduction in the heart allows the impetus that is engendered by the sinoatrial node (SA node) of the heart to be propagated to, and stimulate, the cardiac muscle (myocardium). The myocardium contracts after stimulation. It is the set up, rhythmic stimulation of the myocardium during the cardiac cycle that allows efficient contraction of the pump, thereby permitting blood to be pumped throughout the torso. 4. State three reasons why patients may need an electrocardiogram (ECG).... [tags: Heart, Cardiology, Cardiac electrophysiology]
1405 words (4 pages)
- Universal Preschool 1. Select and identify TWO concepts presented in the video you find significant as an early educator and explain why you selected these concepts (7 descriptive/detailed sentences) Universal Preschool exists as a program intended to allow free universal Preschool to all four-year-old children, regardless of their family’s financial situation. The particular video explores both sides of the argument, clearly showing that the program has its pros and cons. One concept against Universal Preschool I found interesting is the impact it would have on licensed home care providers.... [tags: Early childhood education, Kindergarten, Teacher]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- What is the most important thing you have learned in college. University, to me, is a totally different concept from high school, where teachers, expert in their specific field, would introduce you to the beauty of it. Yet, after my two-and-half-year college life, I gradually come to realize that although professors at college are good at teaching, the most important thing I have learned is to learn by oneself. You may probably say that it sounds a little self-contradictory. In fact, it is. But, as for me, it is also the truth.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Explain what is meant by the term “an economic model” and outline a model of price and output determination in a free market. Examine the effect of a change in real disposable income on equilibrium price and output. An economic model or theory is a simplified explanation and analysis of economic behaviour. It allows us to predict, and therefore intervene, if we do not like the outcome of a possible chain of events. Theories and models are mainly derived from past responses to similar stimuli or from statistical surveys, and this information may not always be accurate as it assumes ceteris paribus, or all other things remaining equal.... [tags: essays research papers]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Explain Maxwell’s interactive model of research design in your own words. Why is it “interactive?” Planning or conducting a study requires research and a good design. “A good design, one in which the components work harmoniously together, promoting efficient and successful functioning; a flawed design leads to poor operation or failure” (Maxwell, 2013, p. 2). When conducting research, the research questions are the normal starting point. They are what drives the study and, therefore, the piece that controls the design which all other components must follow (Maxwell, 2013).... [tags: Scientific method, Quantitative research]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Alex O. Casado Delgado Assignment 5.5: Module 5 Review Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Professor Patricia Beck 1. Explain how companies segment international markets. In marketing, companies study several sections in the international market. These studies based on geographic, economic, political and cultural factors in order to get customers needs and buying behaviors in order to sell their products effectively. For example in the geographic aspect, it is important to study the buying needs in the market before trying to sell the products.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Customer, Sales]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Explain the importance of business planning to the survival and growth of organisations. A business plan should always for a business start up, the use of the business plan should not stop there, and businesses should be planning constantly in order to run their business effectively and efficiently. Businesses have to think about how they are going to plan for survival or growth, therefore they need to do business planning, to help the business survive and to grow. Business planning means the stages the business would need to build up the business.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- Philosophy is Important Philosophy is an important subject, because it helps us understand three big questions; “why are we here”, “what do we do”, and “how do we treat each other”. These are important questions to answer because without them we may end up in a situation much like the Taliban is in right now. Complete chaos created from confusion about those three big questions. These questions are left in a general sense because there are many different ways to look at them. After all we have many different people with many different ideas and so to come to a more concise understanding of such important topics we need everyone’s viewpoint.... [tags: essays research papers]
2661 words (7.6 pages)