You were just running, the leaves crush under your feet and are not
sure if anyone is following you, but a gut felling keeps you going.
Then you come to a quick halt. There you stand unprotected and
vulnerable to any one, as the trees close in around you. Then a twig
snaps you avert your eyes to the origin of the sound. As you
frantically look about; you hear leaves shuffle around, knowing
someone is stalking you. You begin to panic, your heart beating faster
and faster and your breathing increases. It is unbearable to
withstand. In a blind furry you let loose a barrage of paintballs in
every direction. You look around at the surrounding trees painted by
your gun. BAM! You cringe, feeling a stinging sensation in your back.
This is, because you have just become a victim of someone’s paintball
gun. You walk off the field feeling miserable, but you smile knowing
the war is not over.
That was a scenario that I hoped you enjoyed. I am going to address
the topic of why should you should try paintball as a sport. First you
are going to need standard equipment for paintball. I will talk to you
in three areas: first, the best equipment for you, second standard
equipment, and third where to purchase your equipment. This will help
you understand why you should play the sport.
To choose the best equipment for you is to first find your main style,
there are two main paintball styles: “Turtle and Rabbit.” The turtle
style consists of finding a safe location and then taking the enemy,
but while doing so you must not let your location be known. To be a
turtle you must have great patience. For...
... middle of paper ...
... their equipment. The internet website:
www.xpaintball.com , www.anythingextreme.com, and www.walmart.com.
This website and my internet browsing helped me on where to purchase
To refresh you on my main topics: First, You need to know what your
style is in paintball whether turtle or rabbit. Second, when you know
your style, get your equipment based on your style and try out of
different type’s equipment. Finally when you decide to buy your
equipment use the internet and get multiple types of equipment to
compare and read reviews on the equipment you choose to buy. I want to
thank for listening to my speech and you were just informed about
standard equipment for paintball. I also encourage everyone to go and
at least try paintball, because this sport is excellent for people who
like to just have fun.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s society, it appears that women have come a long way in fighting for their rights and for equality but, many women are still facing discrimination in a subtler way. Women are facing what is termed the glass ceiling. The glass ceiling refers to women who are qualified and capable of leading and can see the top positions where they could be leading but are blocked from getting there by stereotypes surrounding women by men and society. This very issue was the topic for my senior thesis paper.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Rhetoric, Writing system]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- This portfolio will be comprised of several of my original written pieces from both English Composition 112 and 112. During both semesters I was able to reach enlightenment through my writing using many technical writing skills that I learned throughout the course of Dual Enrollment English as a whole. My main English weaknesses during my beginning semester were focused around verb usage, diction, content (mainly from research), and organization (through beginning, middle, and end). Although, towards the end of English Composition 112, I seemed to have mastered most of these weaknesses and they were now my newfound strengths in writing overall.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing style, Paper]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- Reflecting back to the start of English 122, I feel I may have started with a little more confidence in myself as a writer. As I progressed through the course however, I realized I had a lot of work in improving my skills. I found I needed to be refreshed of the basic construction of an essay as well as some basic grammar and syntax skills. Reflecting on the last eight weeks of English 122, I have learned the basic steps of the writing process, the importance of utilizing outlines, and have improved my overall writing skills in a formal essay.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Proofreading, Rhetoric]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- The Writing Puzzle As I bring my third term at Southern New Hampshire University to a close, I have come to realize that writing is akin to working a jigsaw puzzle. When first viewed, there are pieces everywhere; some are upside down or sideways and there is no structure yet. I usually have a vague sense of what the picture appears like in my head; nevertheless, I occasionally remain unsure how to fit the pieces together. Personally, the remarkable areas of learning in this course were the organizational tools, thesis statements, narrative storytelling, and persuasive essays because each taught me the necessary mechanics and tools to complete this composition puzzle in a way that pulls these... [tags: Writing, Essay, Composition studies]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- be distracting to the students trying to read to themselves. Once the students had finished reading, Ms. Knox unceremoniously handed each child a set of letter magnets and a small baking sheet. She told the students to use the magnets to spell out that weeks spelling words but became easily frustrated when the students asked questions. She has sloppy transitions that left the kids shuffled and confused. There was a great deal of fragmentation inside Ms. Knox’s classroom. It seemed like Ms. Knox wanted to be a Social Reconstructionist or Progressivist but didn’t have the full set of skills necessary.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, Classroom]
1619 words (4.6 pages)
- The children’s novel Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White is not only an esteemed story of friendship, it also offers an illustration1 for what White considers to be good writing. Writing is like manufacturing textiles or creating a web, as it is something that takes skill to be woven and crafted. Although Charlotte’s Web is introduced to children in order to provide them with a heartfelt story of friendship and a base to strengthen their reading skills, the novel also explicates what it takes to be a good writer.... [tags: Writing, Skills]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- For the first paper of the semester we were given the task of writing a visual paper. This was the first time I had ever written a visual paper and I believe that I did a pretty good job on it. One thing that I learned about this type of paper was that there is no real right or wrong way to write it. The point of a visual paper is to share with everyone what the paper means to you. When I revised it for the first time I added more detail about what I think the photographer was trying to say rather than just what I thought about it.... [tags: Writing, Paper, English-language films]
1595 words (4.6 pages)
- When I was a younger, I always loved books that were very vivid. The best stories were the most detailed ones. It felt as if I was being cast on an enchanting vacation in my imagination. Often I would find myself daydreaming about any book I had recently read. In these dreams, I would put myself in the story or add a whole new character. It wasn’t just the pictures that would captivate me. The selectively placed words constantly kept me wondering and wanting more. Reading these types of books inspired me to write the same way.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Creative writing, Writing process]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- In persuasive or argumentative writing, we try to convince others to agree with our facts, share our values, accept our argument and conclusions, and adopt our way of thinking. Elements toward building a good persuasive essay include * establishing facts to support an argument * clarifying relevant values for your audience (perspective) * prioritizing, editing, and/or sequencing the facts and values in importance to build the argument * forming and stating conclusions * "persuading" your audience that your conclusions are based upon the agreed-upon facts and... [tags: Writing an Essay]
438 words (1.3 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Cellular Phones- Original Writing
- The Character of King Richard III in William Shakespeare's Play
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestley
- The Development of the Genre of Animation in 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' by Madagascar
- The Portrayal of the Gangster Genre in American and British Cinema in 'Goodfellas' by Martin Scorcese and 'Layer Cake' by Matthew Vaughn