You were just running, the leaves crush under your feet and are not
sure if anyone is following you, but a gut felling keeps you going.
Then you come to a quick halt. There you stand unprotected and
vulnerable to any one, as the trees close in around you. Then a twig
snaps you avert your eyes to the origin of the sound. As you
frantically look about; you hear leaves shuffle around, knowing
someone is stalking you. You begin to panic, your heart beating faster
and faster and your breathing increases. It is unbearable to
withstand. In a blind furry you let loose a barrage of paintballs in
every direction. You look around at the surrounding trees painted by
your gun. BAM! You cringe, feeling a stinging sensation in your back.
This is, because you have just become a victim of someone’s paintball
gun. You walk off the field feeling miserable, but you smile knowing
the war is not over.
That was a scenario that I hoped you enjoyed. I am going to address
the topic of why should you should try paintball as a sport. First you
are going to need standard equipment for paintball. I will talk to you
in three areas: first, the best equipment for you, second standard
equipment, and third where to purchase your equipment. This will help
you understand why you should play the sport.
To choose the best equipment for you is to first find your main style,
there are two main paintball styles: “Turtle and Rabbit.” The turtle
style consists of finding a safe location and then taking the enemy,
but while doing so you must not let your location be known. To be a
turtle you must have great patience. For...
... middle of paper ...
... their equipment. The internet website:
www.xpaintball.com , www.anythingextreme.com, and www.walmart.com.
This website and my internet browsing helped me on where to purchase
To refresh you on my main topics: First, You need to know what your
style is in paintball whether turtle or rabbit. Second, when you know
your style, get your equipment based on your style and try out of
different type’s equipment. Finally when you decide to buy your
equipment use the internet and get multiple types of equipment to
compare and read reviews on the equipment you choose to buy. I want to
thank for listening to my speech and you were just informed about
standard equipment for paintball. I also encourage everyone to go and
at least try paintball, because this sport is excellent for people who
like to just have fun.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The children’s novel Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White is not only an esteemed story of friendship, it also offers an illustration1 for what White considers to be good writing. Writing is like manufacturing textiles or creating a web, as it is something that takes skill to be woven and crafted. Although Charlotte’s Web is introduced to children in order to provide them with a heartfelt story of friendship and a base to strengthen their reading skills, the novel also explicates what it takes to be a good writer.... [tags: Writing, Skills]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- In persuasive or argumentative writing, we try to convince others to agree with our facts, share our values, accept our argument and conclusions, and adopt our way of thinking. Elements toward building a good persuasive essay include * establishing facts to support an argument * clarifying relevant values for your audience (perspective) * prioritizing, editing, and/or sequencing the facts and values in importance to build the argument * forming and stating conclusions * "persuading" your audience that your conclusions are based upon the agreed-upon facts and... [tags: Writing an Essay]
438 words (1.3 pages)
- Everyone needs to know how to write a persuasive essay. It's actually not as difficult as it seems. Give yourself time. Trying to cram an entire 5 paragraph persuasive essay within 100 minutes is not a good idea. Allow yourself enough time to brainstorm, write, and proofread. Put as much effort into your paper as you can in the time period you are given, including the steps below. Brainstorm. Writing a persuasive essay is very much like writing an ordinary paper. Of course, before you begin, you have to come up with a good solid view, a foundation which you can base your entire paper on.... [tags: Writing an Essay]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- In persuasive writing, a writer takes a position FOR or AGAINST an issue and writes to convince the reader to believe or do something. Persuasive writing is often used in advertisements to get the reader to buy a product. It is also used in essays and other types of writing to get the reader to accept a point of view. In order to convince the reader you need more than opinion; you need facts or examples to back your opinion. So, be sure to do the research. Persuasive writing follows a particular format.... [tags: Writing an Essay]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Upon considering this assignment, many ideas have developed and then been re-developed to address the points that are the desired outcome. The opportunity to have one’s personal thoughts considered and applied for persuasive analysis over any academic achievement deserves much thought. Additionally, to reflect upon each assignment, provide honest analysis, and determine the real worth as personally valued, is not as easy as one may think. As with any subjective process, it is necessary to explore many avenues to ascertain the best evidentiary route.... [tags: Writing Style, Assignment]
1726 words (4.9 pages)
- Nowadays persuasive writing is one of the most common types of writings used in the world. It contains only one or perhaps several arguments and offers support for the main claim in order to convince the reader of the writer’s opinion. The primary focus is to change the way the reader thinks about a specific argumentation or claim. In order to obtain desirable results, the writer needs to be aware of the audience the script could have, and the general purpose of the writing itself. For instance, how the context of the message is written, sometimes is not perceived the same way, specifically when the audience believes on the opposite view; therefore, by writing a specific persuasive argument... [tags: MLA, Composition, technique]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Definition of a review paper A review is a comprehensive synthesis of results from a wide and complex set of studies A synthesis of findings rather than ideas. Goal of a review paper is to help readers make sense of all available information Direct quotations rarely found in reviews. Do Not Use. Research reviews focus on primary sources Original scientific experimentation reported in scientific journals The quality of the review depends largely on the comprehensiveness of the literature search Use of secondary sources--textbooks or review journals (Science, Scientific American, Discover) Overview of material--easier to understand.... [tags: Biology Writing Guidelines Review Paper]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Envision: Persuasive Writing in a Visual World Envision: Persuasive Writing in a Visual World, is most certainly a book that more than lives up to its title. Envision is basically a book that covers both persuasive writing strategies, as well as the use of visual rhetoric. Other topics covered by the Envision book include developing research questions and ideas, finding research sources, working in collaborative groups, and other writing topics. It is a how to manual... how to become a more developed and more disciplined writer.... [tags: Book Writing Education Papers]
2460 words (7 pages)
- Original Writing My writing as a poet has been heavily influenced by writers like Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, Alice Walker and Slam poets such as Black Thought and the Last Poets. These writers write and speak about the struggles and uniqueness of Black culture. Their individual experiences and political stances as well as the influences of other artist are evident in their work. For example in Giovanni’s poem “Revolutionary Music” she quotes some of the lyrics from Sam Cooke and James Brown to illustrate her personal views on racism and the equal rights movements.... [tags: Plagiarism Influence Authors Argumentative Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)