In this task I will describe and explain the dietary programme for
people with different types of illnesses and lifestyles.
The importance of good nutrition is not a new concept, for even
Hippocrates who lived 400 B.C said, "Let food be your medicine and
medicine be your food". In this day and age, the issue of nutrition
has become even more of important subject. At least four of the ten
leading causes of death (heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes)
in the United States are directly related to people’s diet. But while
the wrong diet can be deadly, eating right is among the key
cornerstones of health.
Of course, food alone isn't the key to a longer and healthier life.
Good nutrition should be part of an overall healthy lifestyle, which
also includes regular exercise, not smoking or drinking alcohol and
not taking other toxic substances. Genes also participate a great
deal in a persons risk for certain health problems. Fortunately what
a person eats can greatly influence that person’s body. For example,
Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) can begin in early
childhood, but the process can be stopped and also reversed if a
person changes their diet and lifestyle to a healthy one.
Osteoporosis (bone thinning) can be slowed one if enough calcium and
vitamin D is consumed and regular exercise is performed. These
examples are evidence that a balanced diet have great positive effects
on the body. To stay healthy a body needs the correct amounts of the
three main compo...
... middle of paper ...
...ut 200 g of pasta and a glass of water. The
table below shows the amounts of the main nutrients provided in the
meal. The table excludes information on pasta source and the glass of
total daily intake of the main nutrients is shown in the table
Comparing daily intake to what he should be eating I can
conclude that he the amount of energy, ccarbohydrates and fat he is
getting from his meals is not enough. It is obvious looking at the
tale that protein and salt levels are fine.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dietary Guidelines for North Americans and Suggestions for Food Choices In today's society nearly everyone follows some kind of dietary guidelines. Whether it is in the goal of losing weight, gaining weight or just simply to maintain it, people are jumping onto the dietary band-wagon. A diet is basically to take food according to rule, a mode of living in reference to nourishment. There are various types of diets that one can follow; a high or low calorie diet, low fat diets, diets modified in protein, minerals, water, and carbohydrates, and so the list goes on.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2239 words (6.4 pages)
- Dietary Supplements A plethora of adults in the United States take dietary supplements either occasionally or every day. Today’s dietary supplements include enzymes, vitamins, probiotics, herbs, and many others ingredients. Dietary supplements come in a great number of forms: Powders, traditional tablets, capsules, as well as energy bars and drinks. Although Americans believe that by taking dietary supplements, they will receive the essential micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) to improve and maintain their health, supplements are not necessary for overall health and consuming too much of them can deal to severe organ damage and death.... [tags: Vitamin, Nutrition, Dietary supplement]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Ultrasonic sound- The PING))) ultrasonic sensors operate using ultrasonic sound. The sensor emits an ultrasonic chip, which is reflected off of and object. The sensor times how long it takes for the sensor to emit the chirp, and have it received off the object as an echo. Using the equation of the speed of sound in air, the sensor monitors distance. The sensor operates using a 40kHz chirp. This frequency falls in the sound range commonly used by animals for communication. Frequencies that are much higher, for example 1-20 mHz are used more commonly for medical imaging.... [tags: Various]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Dietary supplements are used to add additional nutritional value to the diet. Some common forms of supplements include: vitamins, amino acids, minerals, herbs, and enzymes, and can be found in a multitude of forms such as capsules, liquids, gel caps, powders, and tablets. Dietary supplements are becoming increasingly popular among Americans today. According to the Centers for Disease and Control, “Over half of the adults in the U.S. use at least one type of dietary supplement, the most common being multivitamins.”1 Many use these vitamins because they are believed to present a number of benefits, such as helping or treating diseases, etc.... [tags: Vitamin, Nutrition, Dietary supplement]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- ... In jobs and in workplaces also they are not being treated well. It is also encouraging crimes in these countries. When someone doesn’t give you your rights and you are not being treated equally you will also try to do negative things to them. These castes have created their own groups and sometimes they demand for separate states. Maoist’s problem is one of the major problems which India is facing and caste discrimination is one of the major factors which are responsible for these groups. Racial or Ethnic Discrimination This is most prevalent discrimination in today’s world.... [tags: effected, recommendations, behaviors, equal]
3428 words (9.8 pages)
- Introduction Back then whenever I need to print my study materials, I will simply just connect my laptop to the printer set aside with a connecting cable. And then all I need is to click the print option, the materials will be printed, simple as that. I always thought that was how easy a printer works. After the second lecture of Information Technology 061, which is about computer hardware, I had learnt that there are various types of printers and each with different characteristics. I had never wondered how does a printer function exactly and what makes each type of printers different from one another.... [tags: ink jet, peripherals, functions]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- 1. What are the different types of buyers and sellers that participate in business-to-business (B2B) markets. 2. List the steps in the B2B buying process. 3. Describe the value added of personal selling. 4. What are the steps in the personal selling process. (Briefly describe each one.) 5. What are the ethical and legal issues in personal selling. 1. All firms want to divide the market into groups of customers with different needs, wants, or characteristics who therefore might appreciate products or services geared especially toward them.... [tags: Sales, Marketing, Selling, Customer service]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- Various types of art and design advertising exist but surrealism triumphs over other visual art. Surrealism revealed possibilities that remain present in art, culture, and everyday experience. This potential for revelation surpass the common use of “surreal” in ordinary speech to mean something strange or unusual. Even though surrealism is bizarre and ambiguous, it was more highly organised and last longer than most art movements. Additionally, surrealism was always about more than art or aesthetics.... [tags: Advertising, Graphic design, Communication design]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Product development process: This process is a long and time consuming process that involves the following steps such as generating an idea and screening the idea to check its feasibility both cost wise and product wise. This process gives an idea, if the product is feasible for marketing. It also includes application of the concept, which tells us which group of people we are trying to sell the product to and how user friendly is it. It is not the same as test marketing. However this process creates an opportunity for analyzing the business, which involves measuring standards called metrics which are used for monitoring the progress.... [tags: product development, qualitative research]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Dietary Supplement and Cheating Companies Many people appear to be moving towards live easy life that cause globalization and changes that occur in the world. As a result, many health habit has been disappearance in our lives such as drinking milk, fresh juices…etc. That lead to find alternatives that make us feel to compensate for diminution in our food and ccontribute in strengthens the immune system. That motive scientists to create a new way to healthily enhance by dietary supplement, which multivitamins and foundational minerals are produced by food manufacturers and “used to support good health and as alternative forms of medicine.... [tags: Vitamin, Dietary supplement, Dietary mineral]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Religion's Importance in the Disputes Between Charles I and his Opponents from 1640 to 1642
- Soccer's Lack of Success in the U.S.
- Discrimination Against Jews in Germany from 1933 to 1939
- The Decision to Drink Alcohol
- Martin Luther King: A True Leader
- Kristallnacht: An Orchestration by the German Government