Sauron. The whole film is based on the theme of good Vs evil. The
opening scene is about these rings being forged and given too
different types of people like, elves, dwarfs and humans. From here
you can tell that this film is not natural, you can tell that this is
a fantasy film. The film revolves around Sauron and his evil army
that, try and get the ring from Frodo. Sauron created the one ring to
rule them all, all of his evil and cruelty was endowed in the ring.
Once he wears the ring he becomes invincible and is immune to human
attacks. There was a great battle for middlearth and at the time it
looked like the evil force is wining, until Islidor, son of the king,
cut off Saurons finger with the ring witch destroyed him and his
Thousands of years past and the ring found itself in the hands of
Bilbo Bagins, eldest member of the Bagins family. Bilbo has a nephew
called Frodo Bagins; Frodo inherits the ring not knowing the evil
powers and cruelty that was endowed in the ring. Gandolf the grey is a
kind wizard and close friend of Frodo. Gandolf investigates the ring
and finds out that it is the same ring that Sauron created. To
summarise the rest of the story, Frodo and Sam-wise take the ring on a
long journey to destroy it at MT.Doom in Mordor, but there travels
will not be that easy. The evil army of Saroun has regrouped and is ...
... middle of paper ...
... so that initially we, the
audience, think that he is evil and no friend of the hobbits, but in
actual fact he is good and helps the hobbits. The glimpse of light in
his eyes also creates mystery because the audience asks themselves why
would evil have bright white eyes.
Special effects have been used to enhance the view. The staff of
Gandolf fires bright blue balls. This represents the fantasy genre
because there is lots of spells and magic in fantasy’s, also the
colour blue is shown as good.
In my own opinion I think this film is great. I think this because it
has lots of adventure and battles. This appeals to modern day
audiences because of its realism to lots of fantasy books. The wide
range of characters and areas, brilliant camera angles and costumes,
great use of music makes this film a must see movie.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Well, what can I tell you. Life in the wide world goes on much as it has this past Age, full of its own comings and goings, scarcely aware of the existence of Hobbits, for which I am very thankful (Gandalf).” In the Lord of the Rings, there is a group that does not follow the same warring customs as the rest of the world called Hobbits, and as soon as a few of the bravest of the Hobbits set out on their journey, they change the outside world through word and deed. Word and deed are the most powerful tool humans possess, and the Lord of the Rings effectively wields both within its pages.... [tags: book trilogy and film trilogy review]
680 words (1.9 pages)
- The Review of the Lord of the Rings Film Sequence The film I have chosen to look at is The Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring. The short sequence I am going to look at is 44 minutes in when Frodo and Sam are heading off on their journey. The bit I am looking at starts when they meet Merry and Pippin in Farmer Maggots crop field. The sequence starts as Merry and Pippin run into Sam and Frodo who are just walking through the field. Merry and Pippin have been stealing crops and are being chased by Farmer Maggot.... [tags: Papers]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- The Art and the Business of My Inspirational Film A cultural product that inspires me is the film trilogy The Lord of the Rings, which was directed by Peter Jackson. This movie gave me inspiration because of how beautiful and well put together the film was. It made me want to be involved with the process of how great films are made. According to Wikipedia, “Jackson knew he wanted to bring the movie to the big screen, and was curious to why nobody decided to do so.” He wanted to take advantage of the new technology, and create a fantasy that was serious and felt real (Wikipedia, 2014).... [tags: movie, trilogy, j.r.r. tolkien]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is a 2001 epic fantasy film directed by Peter Jackson. The film is an adaptation of a volume of the same name by J.R.R. Tolkien published in 1954. This is the first film of Peter Jackson’s trilogy that adapted J.R.R. Tolkien’s entire Lord of the Rings series into screenplay. The Fellowship of the Ring takes place in the Second Age in the fantasy world of Middle Earth, after Dark Lord Sauron forged multiple corrupting rings as gifts to the rulers of Middle Earth.... [tags: The Lord of the Rings, Sauron]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- In the movie The Lord of The rings (LOTR) directed by Peter Jackson, Peter showed us that throughout time people have had to carry to uphold major burdens on their shoulders but there can be positive outcomes. In the film LOTR Directed by Peter Jackson one of the main protagonists Frodo Beggins is faced with a heavy burden of getting one ring that has the power to control all of middle earth “ One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them” ( LOTR The Fellowship of The Ring, Peter Jackson) to Mt.... [tags: The Lord of the Rings, Sauron]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- An archetype can be defined as genres of characters in a certain film or book. Archetypes can also be related to basic human experiences such as emotions like love, loss, anger, and many more. In the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers directed by Peter Jackson some archetypes include the best friend and light vs dark, these archetypes will be connected to human experiences. In The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers one of the archetypes shown is the best friend by how Sam is always there for Frodo.... [tags: The Lord of the Rings]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- J.R.R. Tolkien was born in January, 1982. He held many jobs throughout his life, including soldier, dictionary writer, and scholar. However, Tolkien is most famous for his work as an author (Lee and Stuart 4-5). One of Tolkien’s most famous works is The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The plot of these books is centered around the journey of the main character, Frodo Baggins, and his attempt to destroy a very powerful Ruling Ring. The Ring has the ability to exploit the hopes, fears, strengths, and weaknesses of its wearers (Harkey).... [tags: The Lord of the Rings]
2114 words (6 pages)
- More often than not the Lord of Rings triliogy is compared to aincent norse and celtic mythology. However it can be argued that Tolkiens’ Trilogy also contains some major components from Greek Mythology. The Lord of the Rings shares key thematic elements, and at times, very similar story line as the Odyssey. Brief Plot Summeries. The Odyssey is Homer 's epic of Odysseus ' 10-year struggle to return home after the Trojan War. While Odysseus battles mystical creatures and faces the wrath of the gods, his wife Penelope and his son Telemachus stave off suitors vying for Penelope 's hand and Ithaca 's throne long enough for Odysseus to return.... [tags: The Lord of the Rings]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Is there a purpose to life. Is there a deeper meaning to existence that we, as humans, can discover. These are questions that nearly every person has asked. Thoughts on such matters plagued me when I was in the seventh grade, a time of awkward growth and problematic recognition among my peers. Because of my dilemmas in growth and acceptance, I became vulnerable to influence. Watching The Lord of the Rings Trilogy launched me on a path of discovering self-purpose which strengthened my social relationships and boosted my self-confidence.... [tags: The Lord of the Rings]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- There are many artists in the world of cinematography, one, Peter Jackson, stands out the most. He brought the world of Middle Earth to life in his films through two series, The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit trilogy. They are his greatest works. Both were done masterfully, inspired by the famous author J. R. R. Tolkien’s books. The Most recent one, The Hobbit, told the backstory of Bilbo Baggins and the discovery of the ring of power. Yet, The Hobbit, while masterfully done, simply cannot top the incredible way Jackson directed and created The Lord of the Rings trilogy.... [tags: The Lord of the Rings]
1034 words (3 pages)