It was almost 6 o’clock and the night was drawing closer. Waiting
patiently for the return of his prey, he lay with his body embedded in
the fallen leaves of what looked like an endless procession of hedges.
The silence was deafening. He had been there for almost three hours,
and only one car had passed by, it was going to be a long night for
him. The skies were casting a dark, unwanted shadow over him, as
though they knew for what purpose he was present. It had started to
rain, its pressure strengthening rapidly. Within minutes buckets of
rain belted down hard on the ground, leaving him deeply embedded in
the thick garden mud. He struggled to reposition himself, as the
slightest of his movements could attract attention to the bush in
which he was concealed. His concentration doubled as another set of
headlights busted through the trees and peered at him through the rain
but again they carried on the road accompanied by the sound of its
engine. It must have been a van, he thought, as he could still hear
the roar of the engine. He raised his rifle, and took a concentrated
look at the house, in order to make an accurate shot.
The house was a small detached bungalow in a state of disrepair;
belonging to a middle-aged lady, afraid of the outdoors. The curtains
were drawn, and the nets were extremely discoloured. Strangulating
vines of ivy twisted and turned round the house, clenching it tightly
in its possession.Through this tangled mass of plants a shed protruded
from the ground, unlike the house the rain highlighted its wooden
walls and bounced neatly off its glassed windows but the roof had seen
better days and a glance through an...
... middle of paper ...
...er. His body relaxed. She lifted her bag,
her position made her a perfect target-just a single bullet.
His arm was raised. His finger poised on the trigger, ready to strike.
The shot killed her with a revolting wound to the back of the head.
Her body crumpled to the ground. Within minutes her body was drained
of blood. She lay there motionless. One push of the trigger, and her
world had been snatched from her. I wasted not my valuable minutes and
swiftly concealed all indications of my presence. Before taking my
leave I took one last look at her. The remnants of her brain poured
out of her head endlessly. It was a sight to see. Who would have ever
believed that this blood-spattered corpse would make me a million
pounds richer? So precious was her life to her, and others, that
somebody wanted her dead!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It was almost 6 o’clock and the night was drawing closer. Waiting patiently for the return of his prey, he lay with his body embedded in the fallen leaves of what looked like an endless procession of hedges. The silence was deafening. He had been there for almost three hours, and only one car had passed by, it was going to be a long night for him. The skies were casting a dark, unwanted shadow over him, as though they knew for what purpose he was present. It had started to rain, its pressure strengthening rapidly.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- It is pitch black, bucketing with rain, but he does not shiver. He lies crouched in a small puddle beneath a large dead oak tree, near an old wooden bridge; waiting. A bright moon gives light through the bare branches of the tree, casting eerie shadows on him. He is sporting a trench coat and a sizeable pair of boots. A cigarette is wedged in a space in his teeth, not lit. Over his eyes is a pair of dark shades. Wearing these, no ordinary man could see, except this is no ordinary man.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
661 words (1.9 pages)
- It so happened that she must have got the bus home that night. The old, rusty buses, which have gum stuck to the seat, and cigarette burn marks in the back. The air was cold and icy and you could see your breath in front of you like a puff of smoke, as it hit the frosty air. The night was also dark. It seemed like no light was present as if there was just a massive black hole. The absence of light was incredible, the only source being that of a small flickering house light a mile or two away.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- One moonless night at a village park you could sense something was going to happen. In the background fireworks lit the night sky. Several cars arrived in front of the village hall. In the brisk chilly wind swings jingled in the corner of the park. More and more cars pulled up and crowds gathered. Under the shelter of an aged oak tree the few leaves protected a tall stocky built man. The suspicious man was wearing a long thick black fury coat. What appeared to be a horse grassing in the glair of the fireworks.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- It was a dark and stormy night. The rain came down in torrents, soaking the solitary man to the skin. He stood alone, silent, still enveloped by the black of the night; he stood at the top of his drive which led to his mansion. Had the sun been glowing, this lonely man would have seen the car parked up about half a mile from him, with its engine and lights off, there was no cover for the car either as the man and his mansion was surrounded by lots of fields and meandering roads.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- The home was fully alarmed and had sentries deliberately posted inside and out, but it made no difference to him. He slipped from shadow to shadow, silently advancing toward his prey with the slyness of a cougar. Small arsenals of weapons were at his disposal and hung from the compartment around his waist slightly open and ready. Soft shoes and an even softer step made his approach silently and deadly. His dark clothing, years of training and experience gave him a distinct edge over his targets.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
1947 words (5.6 pages)
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- Air Disaster- Creative Writing The sight that greeted my eyes was haunting. There were dead bodies as far as the eye could see, but somehow nobody had a scratch on them. The plane was in pieces, scattered all around. As the waves rolled up the beach, more and more bodies were revealed. The sun was burning high in the sky and everyone was beginning to tire out. The cliffs towered down on us; the sand burnt our feet as we trod carefully between the corpses. It was a shock; we hadn’t expected to find anything there, but it appeared that almost everyone who had been on the plane was lying here, on the beach, with us.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- For my first piece of original writing I intend to create a piece primarily written for entertainment however, I also want to portray an interest into historical and political persuasions. I aim to write this piece for an audience of teenagers to young adult who are aged from around fifteen to twenty-five and are male, I also wish to identify with those interested in political thrillers within this age range. The genre of which shall be a short fiction story consisting chiefly of narrative and written in the third person.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- In 2112, a High-Technical Robots Factory has invent and produce thousands of robots that contain every single human’s abilities, but in fact, they are even better than human because they has a lot of different special items, and each item has its own magical power. However one of the robots, called Doraemon, has a huge mistake during the process of manufacture. But none of the workers has found out. So now, Doraemon’s special items might not be always working properly, and sometimes it might have the opposite effect of the original power.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1047 words (3 pages)