In this assignment I am going to look at teamwork and important it is,
also linking it in with how vital teamwork is in the modern Public
Services. To do this I will be looking into the main theorists and
their guidelines for a team to work well and to be efficient.
Teamwork is a group/ team of people working towards a common goal or
target. Bill Gates describes teamwork as ‘A group with a common goal’.
The advantages of a team working correctly is as follows; being able
to reach the goal quicker, this is because there are many people
working together. To become more efficient, this is because people
have different strengths and so people can work problems out quicker.
I personally believe that ‘Teamwork’ means a group of people who have
different strengths and weakness helping each other to really a common
Bruce Tuckman uses five stages for a team to work successfully.
However, his original team approach was like in the diagram consists
of only four stages. He later added the 5th stage 10 years later,
which is adjourning.
Tuckman’s 5 stages are; Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing and
[IMAGE]Text Box: http://www.businessballs.com/images/forming.jpg
first stage forming is where the team members come together and they
start to identify their individual qualities. For example if someone
had brilliant communication skills then by a group decision they might
elect him/her to be the communicator. Group has little guidance and
direction, leader tells the team members their role and the common
task is told to the group.
The next stage, w...
... middle of paper ...
develops contacts. They are enthusiastic. Weaknesses are a tendency to
Shaper, The shaper is a task-focused leader also the shaper is
committed to achieving ends and will ‘shape’ others into achieving the
aims of the team. Weaknesses will argue or disagree to pursuit of goal
Team worker, tend to have skills in listening, coping with awkward
people and to be sociable. Sensitive and people oriented. Weaknesses
they tend to be indecisive in moments of crisis.
Specialist provides knowledge and technical skills. Their weaknesses
Belbin believed that each groups should contain these nine different
people. He said that not many people will fit the criteria perfectly
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A challenging business climate needs to be engaged by effective teamwork. It provides an opportunity to come together and establish a common ground for fulfilment of specific goals. Understanding, appreciation, and encouragement are main elements of effective teamwork. The vision must be bold, stir the intellect and yet move the heart. What is at stake needs to be clearly defined out. The best teams are well planned up front, team has the right person doesn’t mean that it will be successful .Kozlowski and llgen present the science behind team effectiveness: what we know about the way team members interact that leads to success.... [tags: business climate, performance]
2035 words (5.8 pages)
- The Importance of Teamwork In this assignment I am going to look at teamwork and important it is, also linking it in with how vital teamwork is in the modern Public Services. To do this I will be looking into the main theorists and their guidelines for a team to work well and to be efficient. Teamwork is a group/ team of people working towards a common goal or target. Bill Gates describes teamwork as ‘A group with a common goal’. The advantages of a team working correctly is as follows; being able to reach the goal quicker, this is because there are many people working together.... [tags: Papers]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- This reflective assignment will focus on a complex communication scenario regarding a patient who refused to engage in all aspects of his care. The importance of effective communication and teamwork in delivering patient centred care will be addressed and how it can influence the engagement of the individual once establishing a therapeutic relationship. It 's an NMC requirement that all nurses must use excellent communication and interpersonal skills and therapeutic principles to support patient centred care and engage in professional caring relationships (Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) 2010).... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Patient]
2036 words (5.8 pages)
- It is obvious that people live in a big group around the world. This means that it is difficult for individuals to achieve complex goals alone, so people need to work together and use every one’s advantages to complete many tasks. Nowadays, “team” and “teamwork” are two popular words in our society. Especially in business, an effective team could have more successes in the workplace and make more profit for their organization. In order to make an organization successful, managers have to consider some questions about teams and teamwork management.... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Psychology]
1854 words (5.3 pages)
- Teamwork is one of the important component that is required in any types of business organization . Team is defines as “a small number of people with complementary skills who are committed to the common purpose, performance goal, and approach for which they hold themselves mutually accountable”(katzenbach and Smith 1993) . Teamwork offer numbers of advantages like in teamwork work are completed earlier because large task are divided into smaller projects and then it find out an individual who is best for doing the jobs.... [tags: skills, effieceny, system, result, task]
1755 words (5 pages)
- ... As a result, none of my group members successfully toss the balls into the bin. After numerous failed attempts we found out that our method is not working well. One of the group members eventually suggested that we should just toss the balls into the bins without taking into consideration of the colors of the bins. I supported his suggestion as I believe it will be beneficial to our group. Our new tactics eventually reduces the challenges that we faced during the game, as we are no longer restricted to the number of bins.... [tags: games, aim, challenges]
623 words (1.8 pages)
- Consider the effectiveness of teamwork within your campaign team in planning and staging the event (including the value of your personal contribution). Teamwork played a vital role in planning and staging the event chiefly through three actions. Firstly it facilitated creative thinking, which contributed in planning the event. This assignment required a high level of creative thinking process, which was achieved by brainstorming potential topics for the event. The group would note all the strongest and weakest assets of a potential topic, for instance an initial topic for the expo was Blood donation, but on further inspection it was discovered that quiet a few ideas reserved for the expo cou... [tags: Problem solving, Learning, Management, Creativity]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- intro Teamwork plays one of the most important roles to succeed in any industry field. To achieve a goal, team members are required to work with the other members cooperatively. Speaking of food business, especially kitchen environment, it is of great significance. The purpose of this paper is to address the importance of team working and the keys for successful teamwork in the kitchen. A discussion of the kitchen environment and the writer’s actual experiences are presented, followed by the concept of teamwork in the kitchen and several keys to successful teamwork.... [tags: Management, Team, Task]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- The Importance of Communication and Teamwork Among the Flight and Cabin Crew TABLE OF CONTENTS ABSTRACT 4 INTRODUCTION 5 Background 5 Purpose/Audience 5 Sources 5 Limitaions 5 Scope 5 COLLECTED DATA 5 Importance of Communication Among the Crew 5 Main Cause of Aircraft Accidents 6 Duties of the Crew Members 7 Expectations of the Crew 7 The Crew is a Team 8 Intimidatin in the Cockpit 8 Cabin Crew is a part of the Team 9 Trusting the Crew's Judgment 9 Crew Resource Management (CRM) 9 Outline of CRM Training 10 LOFT Training 10 Organizing Resources and Priorities 11 CONCLUSION 11 Summary of Findings 11 Interpretation of Findings 11 REFERENCES 13 ABSTRACT The majority of aircraft accident... [tags: essays research papers]
2243 words (6.4 pages)
The Importance Of Management And Leadership, Motivational Theories And Developing Effective Teamwork
- Organizational Behaviour is one of the most complex and least understood academic elements management. It is all about the study and understanding the individual and group behaviour. It is also for improving the effectiveness and performances off the company. The group, individuals, organization and environment are the influences of Organizational behaviour. The main point of doing this report is to understanding organizational behaviour and how it works and influence to organizations. This report has three main sections, which is management and leadership, motivational theories and developing effective teamwork.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Motivation]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- Analysis of A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare
- Why the British Government Decided to Evacuate Children from Britain's Major Cities in the Early Years of the Second World War
- Having a Definite Answer to a Question
- The View that Religion Acts as a Conservative Force on Society
- First Relationships
- Attachment Theory and Its Basis for Advice on How to Bring Up Children