on the bonnet and the wind whistled along the curves of the car. The
trees were waving frantically in the wind as if to attract the
attention of passing cars. Like the night, the winding country road
grew longer and longer, darker and darker with every passing hour. The
bright headlights pushed back the darkness, which immediately returned
to haunt the rear of the car. The darkness seeps into the car and
hangs heavily over the back seat.
Twenty one year old Natalie had just passed her driving test and this
was the first time she was driving back from university by herself.
Natalie was quiet relaxed driving through the night, occasionally
leaning forward to peer through the window screen to have a better
view of the road ahead. Moving the dial across the radio stations
Natalie came across a familiar tune. She started tapping her fingers
on the steering wheel to the beat of the music. Suddenly the music
stopped and then a man’s voice on the radio announced, “This is an
urgent news bulletin”. He mentioned that a lunatic had escaped from
prison. Natalie switches the radio off and picks up her mobile phone.
She rings home “Hello dad, how are you.” “Yeah, I should be home in
three hours. The weather is atrocious so I have to be careful I just
thought I’d let you know I’m on the A50 and should be home by 10:30.”
“I love you dad, give my love to mum, bye.”
In her own way, anxious Natalie gave her father details of her route
without making her father worried.
As she put her phone down, the phone slips and lands on the front
passenger side and starts making a loud an...
... middle of paper ...
...atalie with his six-foot bony body. His eyes and cheek were
sunken and although he was some distance from away from Natalie, she
stepped backwards worriedly. “Y-y-you are n-n-not s-sup suppose t-t-to
b-be here”. “Sorry I'm just going back to my car ”Natalie replies as
she circles around him and out the door. Natalie walks briskly towards
her car without looking back. “W-what did y-y-you w-w-want ?”. “Oh
nothing” Natalie said without stopping or looking round. She hurriedly
gets in the car and immediately looks the door. Starting the car
Natalie decides to continue till the next garage. As she pulls off the
attendant starts to bang her car window frantically. Natalie panicks
and says “please leave me alone” and speeds off faster further
damaging the burst tyre.
“Th-th- there is s—s-someone in th-the b-b-back s-seat”.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Air Disaster- Creative Writing The sight that greeted my eyes was haunting. There were dead bodies as far as the eye could see, but somehow nobody had a scratch on them. The plane was in pieces, scattered all around. As the waves rolled up the beach, more and more bodies were revealed. The sun was burning high in the sky and everyone was beginning to tire out. The cliffs towered down on us; the sand burnt our feet as we trod carefully between the corpses. It was a shock; we hadn’t expected to find anything there, but it appeared that almost everyone who had been on the plane was lying here, on the beach, with us.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- "Nathan?" His granddad peered down at him. "Are you awake?" Nate checked his watch on the nightstand before answering. Seven o'clock. "I don't think so, Granddad." He rolled to his side. "Can I sleep a little longer?" "No, there's church this morning." "What time is church?" he asked. "It doesn't start 'til eleven back home." "Be that as it may, your grandma has a Sunday school class to teach and it's a thirty-five minutes drive." He stifled a moan. Church was bad enough, but combined with Sunday school, he would have a mind-numbing day.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- "Mysterious Fires Breaking out Across Prince Rupert, British Colombia"-- John Reeves "I can't believe there is another one" read surprised Henry Peters. "That must be 5 houses in the last 2 months. Why would anyone do such a vapid thing?" "Dad, they don't even know if someone is setting them yet!" "Oh Billy, wake up and smell the smoke. Fires like that just don't start themselves." Billy knew that as he was walking away, but since he was the cause of all the fires he did not want anyone to know.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- It all began yesterday with the discovery of a male body in the park at 6pm. It was Christmas Eve and I was about to go home when I was informed of the incident. I went to the scene with two other officers but I was extremely eager to get back to my family. As I walked through the park, snow started to fall and all I could think about was the poor family of the man, unaware of his death. I started to think about my own family, my children waiting for me to come home so that they kiss me good night before Santa came.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- My name is Eva Berlinski. I’m only 13 years old and I was brought up in a Jewish family in Germany. My family and I were sent off to a ghetto in February of 1944. We have only been here for five months, but it seems like five years. So many awful things have happened here. First, the fence was finished, and nobody can go out or come in anymore. Second, the Aryans who used to live in the area of the ghetto all left during these few days to make place for the Jews. From today on, we’re not in a ghetto anymore, but in a ghetto camp.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
503 words (1.4 pages)
- For my first piece of original writing I intend to create a piece primarily written for entertainment however, I also want to portray an interest into historical and political persuasions. I aim to write this piece for an audience of teenagers to young adult who are aged from around fifteen to twenty-five and are male, I also wish to identify with those interested in political thrillers within this age range. The genre of which shall be a short fiction story consisting chiefly of narrative and written in the third person.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- Minute after minute the phone had rang in both rooms as people young and old, had paid their mourning respects. The room had been in utter silence, it had been as if the phone had been demanding someone pick it up. It had become very irritating for most of us. I had seen the anger rising up in my uncle, as he has an extremely short temper. He had been trying to clear the furniture out of the front and living room. For everyone in my family, it had been an occasion they had never experienced before, in their lives.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- I can still remember my joyful life with my granddad. Keeping in mind, the way he used to laugh, his big broad smile, the smell of his perfume, which he left everywhere he went. The way he used to put his family first in everything he did, not forgetting his love for the relations. However, none of those incidents will physically take place now. My blissful times with him have ended. I hate to think about him gone forever. It is upsetting. Nevertheless, he’ll never be forgotten.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- James pulled my chair out for me and pushed me in. Alice and Rosalie were already beaming with their approval for James. I glared at them. Both of them. Just give it a shot Bella, quit being such a damn bitch. I looked over at James Hoover, he was currently having a very animated conversation with Jasper. I could definitely see the great bromance starting there. I’m sure Emmett would have joined in too if he wasn’t too busy feeling Rosalie up under the table. I rolled my eyes. Newlyweds. I was stuck between James who was talking to Jasper, and Rosalie who was too busy getting the start of round two for the night.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
931 words (2.7 pages)