I am going to organise my plan and then perform a personal exercise
program, the overall aims of my personal training programme are to: -
1. Improve specific and current fitness levels required for my
sporting activity football e.g. Cardio vascular endurance but mainly
2. To improve fitness levels so I can concentrate more on my
techniques and skills without having to worry about whether I can
endure a full practice session.
3. To improve the level of the standard of my performance and become
more successful with my chosen sport ‘football’.
I will organise a set number of sessions over a period of time using
the FITT principle (frequency, time, intensity and type) these will be
spread out sufficiently so that I have enough recovery time between
each training session. This will be about three times a week with two
days rest periods in between. The standard of football I’m at is a
very high standard with me training regularly about three times a week
plus games on the weekends at semi-professional level.
The individual differences of an athlete mean that the benefits of
training are optimised when programmes are set to meet the needs and
abilities of an individual (specificity) An aspect, which may help me
to succeed, may not help another this always has to be taken into
account when devising my fitness programme.
Speed and power – This is the main aspect of my 6 week PEP I would
like to improve. It is needed within football and especially with the
position I play in. As I play on the wings in midfield and in more
attacking positions I am required to have spee...
... middle of paper ...
... * Increasing intensity from last fartlek session at about 90%,
repeating 3 times - Sprinted hard for 30 seconds, jog 90 seconds.
Repeat with 15 second decreases in recovery jog e.g. 30-90, 30-75,
30-60, 30-45, 30-30, 30-15 and 30-15-30.
* 10 minute warm down jog
* Anaerobic session. Quite endearing.
* Warm up included 5 laps around the pitch followed by stretching
out muscles to prevent injury concentrating on all my leg muscles.
* Did some sprinting to prepare for the competitive games- sprinting
to the half way line and walking back 3 times.
* Played a full 90 minute matches against competitive opposition
between 90-100% intensity improve my football match fitness. Also
a test for my 6 week program to see how I have improved.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Exercise Plan Introduction: The two main areas of my Personal Exercise Plan are Health Related Fitness and Skill Related Fitness. My aim is to improve my Health and Skill Related Fitness overall. I will do this by creating a 6 week program of all the different sports and exercises that I do each day. From this I will be choosing two training methods. These will be Circuit Training and Interval Training. My Circuit Training is made up of 5 stations . At each station you do a specific exercise for a set amount of time before moving onto the next station.... [tags: Exercise Physiology]
1783 words (5.1 pages)
- Personal Exercise Plan Introduction. A Personal Exercise Plan (PEP) is an exercise plan for which is designed specifically for one individual. I will be implementing one to focus on and improve upon the areas within my general fitness, which I believe to be weak. Also to strengthen my body in order to improve various components of fitness. The reason I will be doing a PEP is because I want to improve my cardiovascular system, and improve my specific sport, which is rugby, I want to work on muscular endurance, and my cardio-vascular system.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
3514 words (10 pages)
- Personal Exercise Plan I am going to organise my plan and then perform a personal exercise program, the overall aims of my personal training programme are to: - 1. Improve specific and current fitness levels required for my sporting activity football e.g. Cardio vascular endurance but mainly speed. 2. To improve fitness levels so I can concentrate more on my techniques and skills without having to worry about whether I can endure a full practice session. 3. To improve the level of the standard of my performance and become more successful with my chosen sport ‘football’.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
3314 words (9.5 pages)
- Ever since I started working out sophomore year I have seen an incredible increase in muscle mass and power intensity. Because of VPE I now work out almost everyday and keep myself physically fit. Proof of this is shown in my fitness scores where as a freshman I started out doing nearly 50 crunches and 10 pullups and I'm now doing consistently 100 crunches and 20 plus pull ups. I have taken a liking to lifting and the gym rat lifestyle. I now consistently take protein supplements and not only does it help with post workout soreness but also improves energy throughout the day.... [tags: muscle mass, injuries, lifestyle]
688 words (2 pages)
- Personal Exercise Program For Football Circuit Training for Football. Circuit training is a method of training. A circuit usually has 8 to 15 stations, where at each station a different exercise is carried out for a certain amount of time. Circuit training can improve: - muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, aerobic and anaerobic fitness, muscular strength, speed and agility. A circuit-training program may also be designed for a certain sport. Circuits for this purpose will include exercises to improve all the muscles and skills associated with football.... [tags: Exercise Physiology]
2732 words (7.8 pages)
- To maintain well-being of body and mind, one must engage in a routine of exercise regularly (Szabo, 2013). However, no one could engage in all forms of exercise, some people’s personality may suits certain exercises. Tok (2011) stated that a person’s level of extraversion and neuroticism influences his/her decision of their desired sport. Therefore, I will make up a detailed personality profile for myself to co-relate which activity I am going to partake. Workout plans made will serve as guideline, along with motivational strategies for me to regularly engage in this activity.... [tags: running, physical exercise, workout plan]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Personalized Nutrition and Exercise Plan Personal Nutrition Exercise Plan The major goal in life that will add great health and longevity to one’s life is to have a healthy diet along with the proper amount of physical activity added to it. This is something that I have learned a lot about in this class. Now I am trying to balance my own individual needs with plenty of physical activity which allows me to develop a plan that helps me to maintain a healthy weight and prevents disease from appearing and with an active schedule with school, work, and teenage daughters it could be pretty changing to... [tags: Health]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Exercise is one of the important parts of human life. Often people begin an exercise program because they want to lose weight or improve their health. While these are important benefits, individuals should focus on participating in the exercise program that they will enjoy. Not only will this increase willingness to participate, but it’s more likely they will keep exercising for a longer time period. While going to the gym and having a personal trainer is one way to encourage people to begin an exercise program, it is not the only way.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Muscle, Stretching]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Six Week Personal Exercise Program My weakest sport is Football. My weakest areas are strength, fitness and speed. The skill related fitness required in Football is Agility, Power, Co-ordination, Balance, Speed, Cardiovascular fitness and Muscular endurance. Agility is needed to dribble past an opponent; Power is needed to withstand pressure from an opponent and to shoot with strength; Co-ordination is needed to be able to have the ball under your control; Balance is needed to be able to stay on your feet even when tackled; Speed is needed to move fast into spaces and towards the ball; Cardiovascular fitness is needed to play a whole match without being too tir... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
2636 words (7.5 pages)
- Exercise Warm-Up The warm up I will be doing will consist of: * Easy 5-minute jog to loosen my muscles. * Muscle stretches hold each for 15 seconds and swap. 3-5 minutes of exercising gently gets the blood circulating. 1. Calf * Calf stretchStep one foot a large step in front of the other * Feet parallel, pointing forward * Back heel flat on the ground * Hands on the front bend knee * Back straight and head slightly down * FEEL the stretch in the calf of the back leg.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
1860 words (5.3 pages)