We have all had those dinners with our in-laws, or in-laws to be, that we detest. The following steps will ensure that the in-laws never accept another invitation to dinner at your house. Please understand, the invitation must still be extended, as that is a spouse's duty; however, they will not accept the invitation again.
In preparation for the evening, there are several crucial steps. For the process to be effective, some research may be involved. Start by gathering as much information as you can about your in-laws likes and dislikes; focus on the dislikes is crucial, and be certain to exclude anything on the list of likes. Schedule the dinner on a day that will allow for several hours of preparation.
First, It is a good idea...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Preparing a Smashing Pumpkin Pudding It's that time of year again, pumpkin season. Two wonderful family holidays are just around the corner. Traditionally, we spend Thanksgiving or Christmas (or both) with the family to have a nice holiday dinner. There is always delicious food prepared for dinner, but what's dinner without dessert. The most traditional holiday dessert is pumpkin pie, but how about "spicing" that dessert up a little this year. Well, here's the way to do it, a delicious holiday dessert that the whole family will love and it's quick and easy.... [tags: Free Expository Process Essays]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- How to Prepare a Thanksgiving Dinner Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate our joys with friends and family. Unfortunately, if you are the person designated to cooking the holiday dinner, the joys can turn into complete and total fear. I'll never forget the first time I made Thanksgiving dinner for twenty family members and friends. I waited until the last minute to start and the dinner ended in a complete disaster. In the years following that failure, I have learned that preparing a Thanksgiving dinner is easy...if you plan ahead.... [tags: Expository Process Essays]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- In the scenario, “Diary of a Troubled Onboarding Process”, there needs to be an evaluation and review of how this medical center prepares and welcomes new hires because the process that was outlined in this scenario was ineffective and caused a lot of valuable work time for this new hire. Onboarding is the process of preparing a new hire and their work environment for their new job at your facility, often times there is a pre-start preparation to do list, an orientation that familiarizes the new employee of benefits, policies and standard practices expected from employees and meeting their supervisor, if they have not already done so in the interviewing process.... [tags: preparing the department for new employees]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- The Call to Dinner was painted from 1886 to 1887 by George Agnew Reid. The painting is an oil on canvas and is large scale, measuring 48 inches in height and 71 inches in length. Reid’s paintings were often large and it was said “one canvas could dominate a room crowded with people.” Early in his artistic career, Reid became known for his genre scenes. Genre painting depicts scenes from everyday life. In The Call to Dinner, the use of oil paint allows Reid to emphasize the principles of genre painting while permitting the enhancement of realism and naturalism within the composition.... [tags: Art, George Agnew Reid]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Being in college is nerve racking enough for some, and preparing for their first test can be even more terrifying. For some school comes easy and natural, and can get by with minimal studying. Others have to start studying days in advance for tests. Then there are some who start studying the night or two nights before and are okay with that. Nevertheless, not matter what type of student one may be there are some full proof methods to improving your study habits. To help better prepare you for your first college exam, it starts with taking quality notes, having time management skills, setting a good place to study, studying from multiple sources, and trusting oneself on the exam day.... [tags: Process Essay]
1040 words (3 pages)
- a) Cite your selection in MLA style. Lessig, Lawrence. "Do Copyright Laws Stifle Creativity?" Online video clip. YouTube. YouTube, 12 Mar. 2009. Web. 11 Feb. 2014. b) What is the central message of this text. Please explain it in your own words. The central message of this text is that increasingly, outdated copyright laws are being manipulated and put to use in a ludicrous manner. This is resulting in the suppression of people’s ability to generate and share their own creative expressions. c) How would you define your position as an audience member (resistant, neutral, etc.).... [tags: Copyright Laws]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Even though Alabama’s sexual predators laws are considered strict, it does not negate the fact Sexual predators often rob their victim of innocent that is never recovered. Furthermore, these sexual predators seek the most vulnerable persons in society to seek assault sexually. Alabama’s laws seek to alleviate however, predators many time will return to a predatory lifestyle even after prison. Technology has only served to enhance sexual predators’ ability to reach out to it victim in private by way of chat room and other social networks.... [tags: Sexual Crimes, Laws, Alabama]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- Vacationing to certain tropical destinations might require more than what you think. After making reservations for the Cruise accommodations and flight arrangements you would think the tough part is over. I personally had no idea that going to the Bahamas would require more than valid state identification. I soon realized that I not only had to prepare for my financial needs, wardrobe attire, but also have proper documentation to go on the Cruise. First, you must figure out how much money or what type of credit cards or money can be used at the ports and on the ship.... [tags: Process Essays]
425 words (1.2 pages)
- Dinner with the Experts Beep. Beep. “Okay, now what was that timer for?” I said to myself. “Oh, it’s the steak!” Once the tray was safely on the table, I took off my oven-mitts and crept towards the door to peak in and spy on my guests. The dinner party invitation said to arrive at six o’clock, but I was not surprised to open my door to Ellen and Sherrie at 5:15. They rang the doorbell at least a dozen times in the thirty seconds it took me to get to the door. I found two middle aged women decked out in trendy clothes, the sort a teenager might wear.... [tags: Personal Narrative Online Dating Essays]
1723 words (4.9 pages)
- Preparing for the Olympics Every two years, countries around the world join together in excitement for the Olympic Games. Either winter or summer, the Olympics are something everyone seems to look forward to in one way or another. Olympic preparation is no easy task, for the athletes, nor for the event staff. When the idea of Olympic preparation is brought up, two main ideas come to mind. How is the site for the Olympics picked. And how is it decided who carries the Olympic torch. After careful research, the answers to these questions have been found.... [tags: Olympics Sports Athletics Essays]
1066 words (3 pages)