Going back I remember my childhood being filled with happiness and
joy, mainly because of the good atmoshere my household held. I was
raised in a well- noff, loving family. I can not imagine what I would
have done without this kind of support in my life.
Now I was a good kid and at the age of only 7, I concentrated on all
the good things I wanted to do with my life and the ambitions I had, I
was determined to get a job of my dreams. I had a caring family and
had a great attitude towards life, nothing was going to get in the way
of anything I wanted out of life and I thought nothing would ever
change that attitude I had. I promised myself to never smoke, do
drugs, drink, or harm myself or other people. I was very confident
that I would live the life that my friends and family demanded of me.
Well, going into my teenage years, that all changed. Before I knew it
I was doing everything I said I would never do. Sure I still went to
church often, and I still considered myself a good person. During this
time I got into listening to immoral music, hanging out with immoral
people, and basically living the life you would expect from a lost
person. No one but my family and church could have known I was saved.
Of course, my grades dropped, my standards as well, and finally I
didn't even realize what my purpose for life was. I contemplated
suicide, I filled my mind with hate and sorrow, never taking a look at
what I had become. I had traveled on a path so far away from everyone
who cared for me and loved me, that it would take a miracle to ever
expect to live the way my friends and family wanted me to and that is ...
... middle of paper ...
...now as closed to
my friends and family as I had ever been!
Only about 2 months later, my school teacher asked me to teach Sunday
school for the 6th through 8th graders. Looking back I cant believe
how off track I went. I regret my state of mind being so low and I
cant believe I actually survived my teenage years.
The point is that my family kept me in reach, never letting me get to
far away from thier side. True, I have regrets of my past but I have
to look past that and look to the future. No one is ever too far away,
taking chances can change things for the best, I am living proof.
Every night I thank them for saving my soul and delivering me from
evil even when I did not even realize it. I will never underestimate
the power of living in such a great society for I am determined to get
what I want out of life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Gift Or A Curse- Original Writing Have you ever felt like someone or something is trying to shield you from happiness. A kind of conspiracy holding you back. Or maybe God has either forgotten you or is punishing you for something but you don’t know what. When your parents split up and you have to be moved about from house to house all over the country, is God there. Sometimes I think that every problem is a gift to strengthen you, make you stronger. But sometimes too many gifts can suffocate you and you begin to crack.... [tags: Papers]
549 words (1.6 pages)
- Crash and Burn - Original Writing He was walking towards me. I was so nervous. I checked my hair and make-up, put on a bit of lipstick and I was all set to go. But who was I kidding. My knees were as weak as jelly, just like they always were when I saw him. I took in a deep breath as he flashed me a perfect white smile. " Hi Alex". His deep voice always spread butterflies into my stomach. " Hi Charlie, how's it going?" " Good, good. Umâ€¦ me and a few mates are going down to the movies tonight, fancy being my date?" I had been waiting for this night for all my Secondary School life.... [tags: Papers]
528 words (1.5 pages)
- Peter's Pit - Original Writing He looked back along the length of his body, stretched out flat over the crumbling chalk, his leather clad hands gripping the cold barrel with rock-like steadiness. A gap in the bank, created when a huge boulder had been torn from the cliff top by high winds, afforded him an unobstructed view across his chosen zone for the day. Known to the locals as 'Peter's Pit' - a disused quarry, a scar on the landscape. Scraped out by other heartless men, now, miraculously, supporting a diverse enough eco-system to get classified as a Site of Scientific Interest.... [tags: Papers]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- The Orphan - Original Writing Just looking at her in her white coffin, looking glum, made me feel so isolated and depressed. I just wanted one last hug with her and to take back my vicious words that I now regret. Deep down I always loved her, though she could be a pain. The words of last week were ringing in my ear, repeating and echoing over and over again. As I was in my daze, I had a feeling and turned around to see my aunt’s cold, hard eyes staring back at me. I then realised she had no compassion or love for my mother.... [tags: Papers]
621 words (1.8 pages)
- Determination - Original Writing When I was younger, I thought of myself as a coward. I was afraid to take risks, and for the most part went through life passively, often regretting afterwards the chances I chose not to take. In the past few years, however, I have undergone various experiences which have negated that feeling of cowardice. The culmination of these experiences came on September 19, 1999, as I hung roughly five thousand feet over Perris Valley, and in that precarious position I came to a realization.... [tags: Papers]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Stealing - Original Writing A few questions. Hahaha, what do you take me for, a fool. Believe me sir I've sat in this chair many times before and I certainly know that this is going to take a lot longer then just a few questions. JESUS, you people. You bang me up in a dark, cold, emulsioned box and expect me to calm down. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sleep on those wooden benches; you pigs really know how to treat your guests. My mum and dad. Don't patronise me. You lot have my files and know full well were they are, buried under tons of soil in cheap wooden boxes.... [tags: Papers]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- The Castle- Original Writing I walked down the narrow, moonlight lane on my way to the park. I was meeting Summer, Leon and Tiffany. It was really cold and it was beginning to get dark. I felt nervous walking down the lane as there were no lights. Eventually I got to the end of the lane and as I turned the corner I could see the park in the distance. I could hear summer laughing like a hyena. I carried on walking. Leon was shining the bright torch in my face. My eyes stung and I grabbed the torch from his plump, sticky hand.... [tags: Papers]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- I was around 10 years old, when my life tragically changed. It was a cold afternoon in the month of February. Wind blowing erratically that day, making it extremely cold. The clouds had the sun hidden, which made the day gloomy and depressing. The doctors came in the waiting room to my family crying hysterically, and told them there was nothing more he could do. My family had to make one of the toughest decisions they had ever recalled making. It was my grandma. She had been in the hospital the entire month before but had no improvement.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Prince, Paisley Park Records]
1954 words (5.6 pages)
- I catch an equal amount of disapproving looks, ill-concealed snickering, and leering eyes when I walk into the KTA bakery in smeared eyeliner and too many sparkles for morning. I grin. I sort of made out with a hot chick last night, and we both woke up with a hotter guy than we were with last night. That’s probably more than I can say for most people I pass. My coworkers regard me with polite smiles, small talk, and not much else. We’re all too concerned with stocking the displays, decorating cakes, and serving pastries to the hordes of customers.... [tags: Pizza, Pizza Hut, Calzone]
1395 words (4 pages)
- We hold umbrellas although it is not raining. The wind has picked up, forcing us to hold our hands on our hats so that they do not blow into the sand. The beach is wet, with puddles from the crashing waves up to the grass line. The cumulonimbus clouds hang heavy above us as if they await our departure to drop the remaining precipitation onto the beach. The water is calm. The waves are almost inaudible. The whole world is almost inaudible. There she stands. Her old blue dress. Her black shoes.... [tags: English-language films, Debut albums, Love, Saw]
2004 words (5.7 pages)