excitement in the air. I was standing there with two of my friends
when we saw a few other people we knew. " Hey, come over here!" I
bellowed. Three tall gothic boys slouched over to us. As we were
talking the line started to move in an uneasy shuffle. We neared the
entrance, where a tall bouncer with a voice that rumbled like thunder
was standing. He asked for our tickets and in unison we passed them to
him. He checked our tickets, nodded a curt nod and let us through.
The only light in the room came from onstage and there were only about
20 people in the mosh pit. Surrounding the mosh pit were metal bars,
then a few steps. To the back there was a balcony curving around the
room and then under that there were all the merchandising stalls. We
wandered into the mosh pit; we were only a few metres away from the
stage. There was a hum of voices as more people filed in. After 15
minutes people were starting to get frustrated because nothing was
happening. Suddenly there was activity onstage and the lights dimmed
the first support band, Slam Cartel came on. The mosh pit went wild,
jumping, pushing and head-banging. In all this chaos I suddenly felt
out of breath, we all clambered out of the pit and onto the steps.
One of my friends kept asking me if I was ok and I said that I felt
really out of breath and had a sharp pain in my chest. We came to the
conclusion that I had probably cracked a rib. Surprisingly it didn't
actually hurt that much! By this time Slam Cartel had finished their
After a few minutes we went over to merchandising stand and Slam
... middle of paper ...
...ore energy and power.
Through out the whole night I kept that energy. By the twelfth song,
which was the last I still could feel the atmosphere, the pride and
the gratitude. We were just happy to be in their presence. For the
last song the whole crowd moved together in a bizarre, alternative
dance. When it came to the chorus, Dave stopped singing and everyone
in the room sung the chorus back. I felt the unity with everyone in
that room although I hardly knew any of them. The song ended. The
night was over. Dave thanked us and smiled. "I love all of you!
Remember that you are your own person and no one could ever change
that." He walked offstage. The first people started leaving the hall.
I looked at my friends and grinned. The night was one to be remembered
I thought to myself as we left the concert and went outside.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The concert that I attended was of the cellist “Pablo Mahave Veglia” and he performed at the recital hall at Saint Cloud State University on September 9th. His concert was specifically instrumental and it was a solo recital. This concert’s genre was mainly a concerto and the concert represented the Baroque period. The main instrument that was used in this concert was the cello and there was also some electronic music incorporated throughout his performance. I have never heard a cello live before and I have to say it was a very amazing instrument to hear live.... [tags: Music, Performance, Cello, Concert]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- After attending both a “popular” and “classical” musical concert it is easy to see the differences between these two genres of music. While attending these events, I noticed a wide variety of differences including the music being played, the atmosphere, the number of people attending and the expectations of the audience during the performance. As we talked about in Turino’s “Music as Social Life” earlier this semester both of the performances were presentational, placing a divide between the performer and the audience (Turino).... [tags: Performance, Music, Performing arts, Concert]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Music Concerts I went to my first classical concert which was performed by Benjamin Pila. Honestly, I did not expect too much on this concert, because I had thought all the classical styles of music is boring. I just wanted to go to the concert to get my credits and go home. However, contrasting with my former thought, I was amazed with the music of artist Pila. That was the reason why I could not wait to attend the second concert, which is perform by the artist from Thailand Ekschai Jearakul. The music that artist Jearakul played was different from artist Pila, but I had to admit that he is a talent artist.... [tags: Music, Performance, Musical notation, Concert]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Concert Assignment Part B On August 2, 2015 I attended Barge music Concerts where I had the chance to familiarize myself with masterworks series of two amazing composers. Antonio Vivaldi and his concerto for 4 violins and orchestra in B minor, RV 580 that were performed in three movements allegro, largo – larghetto and allegro. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and his concerto for Violin and Orchestra No. 3 in G Major, K. 216, that were preform in allegro, adagio, rondeau (allegro). And sinfonia concertante for violin, viola and orchestra in E-flat major, K.... [tags: Johann Sebastian Bach, Concerto]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Concert Report On November twenty-second, the concert that I attended was the APSU Wind Ensemble at the George and Sharon Mabry Concert Hall. The conductors of this concert were Gregory Wolynec, Christopher Dyel (graduate) and Sarah Turner (graduate). I have been to numerous concerts but never like this. When I first got to the concert I expected to hear the first instrument in the wood wind section; the flute, but unfortunately I was in shock because the musicians begin with a bass sound; the trumpet.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Sonata form]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- On August 11, 2009, my cousin and I headed off to West Hollywood to the Troubadour, where we would see one of the best band, Cobra Starship perform. When we arrived at the Troubadour many hours early, the security guard told us we had to wait around the corner like the other fans waiting to get inside the doors. So when we walked around the corner, we saw a few fans camping out. We found a spot and we sat down. The wait felt like eternity and the heat of the sun beaming down on us wasn’t helping the situations either.... [tags: concerts, ]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- As we all waited in line to go into the concert there was a thrill of excitement in the air. I was standing there with two of my friends when we saw a few other people we knew. " Hey, come over here!" I bellowed. Three tall gothic boys slouched over to us. As we were talking the line started to move in an uneasy shuffle. We neared the entrance, where a tall bouncer with a voice that rumbled like thunder was standing. He asked for our tickets and in unison we passed them to him.... [tags: Descriptive Essays, Descriptive Writing]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #2 Beatles Z320 For my second concert report I thought that I would write about my only experience hearing songs of the Beatles live. The Rib America Festival was hosted by The Beatles Live Repertoire. The group dressed exactly like the Beatles, even had the same names, John, Paul, George, and Ringo. I had never heard any Beatles songs live before, so that was enough to get me off my butt. Not to mention, it was free entertainment, not a bad time at all. So the show starts, and I’m not sure what to expect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1085 words (3.1 pages)