moment of my life, I went to work for the first time of my 15 years
I felt exciting fervent and passionate, after a scrutinising and
strict interview with my boss Ralph Cohen. Wondering what will it be
like to work like a mature adult?
On June 30th the first day of work. I woke up early, and feel
sceptical about what'll the following 2 weeks be like. I rush out of
my flat, stride and run towards the tube station, and jump on a tube
train, with my heart pumping and beating vigorously. Along the train
journey, I try and concentrate my mind to prepare me for the first day
of work, as the atmosphere of the workplace became more palpable to
me, I tends to wince a bit, imagining about the people I'm about to
met, and wonder what will they opine about me. My mind felt scrupulous
and intricate about the future responsibility that I need to be
responsible for working in the UK leading pharmacy chains-Boots.
Finally the train arrives at its station of terminal, the North
Westsuburb of Uxbridge. Uxbridge compact a mix of medium size of
commercial and residential building, locating at the North West edge
of greater London, illustrating absurd scenery of combined
metropolitan and country way of life, creating a contrast between
tranquillity and busy, noisy city life.
The store that I work in lo...
... middle of paper ...
...ll of these add up to broaden my personal strength and aspect
on future recruitment, and most importantly my curriculum vitae, which
shows to future employer that I had experience working in stock and
shop control, making myself more advertisable to the future employers.
In my opinion, I think work experience is useful, but to some extent.
Although it gave and offer me a broad insight of vocational aspect of
working, it still scarcely examine my academic knowledge, I still felt
abstract and absurd about the application of those knowledge in real
working environment. If the academic and vocational aspect of
knowledge is combined together, the work experience will be much
beneficial to students, teaching them knowledge from both area of
learning at the same time, which student can compare and relate to
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Employment and work experience Textbroker – Freelance Author - October 2013 onwards I have now been selling the rights to my written work on an online contract based platform for a reasonable period of time. This role has centred on rapidly and effectively fulfilling competitively advertised client briefs for technical writing. My work in this regard has been published on a professional basis, largely within the fields of advertising and information provision. I have also engaged in more informal original content creation such as developing blog content concerning current technological or cultural issues.... [tags: clients, work, intership, skills]
690 words (2 pages)
- Work Experience On the week starting on the 5th of July, I went on Work Experience to Crook Log Primary School. This school is situated in the centre of Bexleyheath where a lot of people can easily reach. I decided to do my week of Work Experience at Crook Log Primary School because for some time now I have been thinking about following a teaching career. At Crook Log School I worked with Mrs Coxs and a class of children which go by the name of Class 1/2. During the week I worked individually and in small groups with pupils from class 1/2.... [tags: Papers]
710 words (2 pages)
- Work Experience When we were first told about work experience I thought to my self 'great no school for two weeks.' I was looking forward to looking around places and trying to figure out what and where I wanted to do my work experience. I've always been good at doing things with beauty and nails and therefore I was hoping to find somewhere I could experience more about that. I started looking around in November and found many places where I would like to spend my two weeks of work experience.... [tags: Papers]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Work Experience I didn't choose what my work placement was to be. I turned up at Miss Franklin's office nervously hoping that I would get a good placement. She sat me down and looked through some documents. She pulled a wad out and told me that she had found a convenient work placement. She showed me the letters, and the title was BUPA Hospital, Marketing Department, Bushey. The first thought that sprang into my head was, how tedious. Then I took some time to think about the ups and downs of it.... [tags: Papers]
2647 words (7.6 pages)
- Work Experience Work experience was an opportunity for me, and many other year 10 students across the country to experience a different world, a world outside school, a world of work. To many this was a new opportunity, a challenge if you like, but to me it wasn't all that new as I have worked for my dad at his work far from few times before. I found that working for my dad was challenging, sometimes difficult, but I always managed to get the work done and get that feel of self achievement.... [tags: Papers]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- Work Experience Work experience. The first time those words were mentioned I felt a cold shiver slowly descend down my back. Images of spending a week with unknown people in dead-end jobs flooded into my head. It was obviously going to be far too much effort for what it was worth. Yet, another side of me said do I want to be watching paint dry, or even watching grass grow.’ This is not where I want to be. I want to be out, I want to be experiencing, living, running, jumping, eating, playing, screaming, laughing, anything.... [tags: Papers]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Work Experience I absolutely had no idea what I wanted to do for work experience. I had about three different options, but I always had a negative thoughts. One was to work in a bank of any sort. Well, the good things were that I think it would be fun and it does make you look smart and important. The negatives where that, to be totally honest, I was really good at money. I wasn't that smart in maths and was also a bit careless. I thought that working in a bank would make me have big responsibilities (like handling money or talking to customers) too big that I couldn't even handle.... [tags: Papers]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Work Experience It was the first morning of my work experience and as I sat on the bench outside Thorntons and the nerves started to kick in. As the shutters started to rise, a burst of mixed emotions entered me. I was scared, excited, worried and a host of other feeling wriggled around inside me. I walked in the shop stiff with nerves. As I introduced myself to the assistant manager I kept missing out words as I was speaking because I was so flustered with the experience of it all.... [tags: Papers]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Work Experience When I received confirmation of my placement at Horndean Parish council I only had a week left to make my preparations like interviews, uniforms and insurance. My placement was late in coming because I had to keep on reselecting, eventually I found a half decent job which fitted my criteria very well, it was outside. It involved working with animals, computer work and was near to my home. I was quite chuffed with this because if I hadn't been given it I would be doing something very boring like working with the caretaker at school and not only would I have been bored but my street cred would have gone down the drain as well.... [tags: Papers]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Work Experience As part of my work experience, I have been given a place to work at Boots located in Wealdstone. It is about a 5 minute drive to the place however a bus does travel from near my house to Boots. I have been given a Boots tie and have been told to wear black trousers and a white shirt. My first thoughts about work experience are both positive and negative. I will meet several new people and will have the opportunity to communicate with the public. I hope to achieve numerous objectives by the end of this experience including confidence within my inner self.... [tags: Papers]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- Recruitment and Selection of Company's Workforce
- Adolf Hitler Becoming the Chancellor of Germany
- Relationships in Long Distance by Tony Harrison and My Grandmother by Elizabeth Jennings
- Hitchcock Deserves His Status as an Auteur
- The Most Monstrous Being In Mary Shelley's Novel, Frankenstein
- An Exploration of Evil and Its Development Within William Shakespeare's Macbeth