Over the past two decades, the rates of teen pregnancy have grown dramatically. According to the Prevention of Teen Pregnancy, approximately every thirty-one seconds ateenager becomes pregnant in the United States. This is unbelievable, however that is the truth that no one can deny. Many people think that teen pregnancy don't effect them unless they get pregnant or one of the family members in teenage get pregnant. However teen pregnancy really affects our communities and country. Approximately, over eighty-five percent of teenage girls who become pregnant every year do not plan their pregnancies and only fifteen percent of pregnancies are prepared. The causes of teen pregnancy is unsafe sex or poor sex education in teen and adolescents, and in result many teen girls get pregnant, increase the population, more people in poverty and children becomes the victim of their parents mistakes.
There are several illusions surrounding teenagers and adolescents pregnancy. Most of the teenagers believe that they will not get pregnant or to impregnate someone the first time they have sex. This is a common mistake that teen usually make. Unfortunately, one out of twenty girls becomes pregnant the first she has sex. Teenagers should know the risk having unsafe sex and what will happen the result of that. They will not only get pregnant but also they can get sexual transmitted diseases as well as AIDS which can lead to death. Some teen girls also have the wrong ideas about sex and love. They believe that if they have sex with their boyfriends or give birth their boyfriend's babies will make their boyfriends love them more and it can make the relationship better. However, it becomes worse and makes their lives more diffi...
... middle of paper ...
...cause she couldn't support the child by herself.
Moreover, the teen pregnancy is effecting the population of our communities. Only in California, four hundred teenagers discover that they are pregnant everyday and adding the numbers to the population. Therefore, I was wondered where our government will get all the funds to support those people. Welfare costs the United States an average of seven billion dollars per year.
Majority of teen mothers fall into poverty, and at the same time some teen mothers are most likely to have another children within the first or two years after they had one. Moreover, some teen children of teen parents are most likely to get pregnant and fall into the same procedures and it becomes a vicious circle. Therefore, all teenagers should aware of that unplanned pregnancies and do not let the child be the victims of your mistakes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Hope is the best contraceptive,” The State of Teen Pregnancy in Oklahoma is crucial, which is why we are Oklahoma—the Teen Pregnancy State. Teen birthrates and increasing pressure from concerned families and health advocates, have finally prompted the state of Oklahoma to step forward and create prevention programs. The question in place is: are these programs enough to make a difference in the gradual rising of our state ranking in teen pregnancy. I have gone through great depths to discover our State’s plans to prevent pregnancies in our teens.... [tags: teen pregnancy, oklahoma, carrera program]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Today I will be talking about the way the authors and creators of a television commercial and newspaper article influence us to their opinion by writing the way they do. The topic that I am studying is Teenage Pregnancy. This topic is always going to be in the media for different reasons, and occasionally you hear about a story of a young girl getting pregnant due to un-safe sex. There will always be issues with this subject within society because so many people have different opinions and views of this topic and weather or not it right or wrong.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy, Teen Sex]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Factors that Lead to Teen Pregnancy Although the overall rate of teen pregnancy has been declining, the rates have remained high for teens that are most vulnerable. The great majority of Americans believe that teen pregnancies are a serious national problem, indeed a problem that is the major component of what is thought to be national moral decline. However, what causes these teens to become pregnant at such a young age. A large body of research has identified a number of factores that underlie teen sexual and contraceptive behavior, pregnancy, and childbearing.... [tags: Teen Pregnant Pregnancy Essays]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- There are many obstacles for children of teenage mothers to face. These children have serious disadvantages in contrast to those children who come from nuclear families. Often they lack a father figure, have a high poverty rate, and there are incidents of depression and mental health problems. Many people are blaming the sex education programs in schools and the additional federal aid being offered to single parents as major causes for the country’s high rate of teen pregnancies (Carole). Although, the real purpose of sex education and federal aid is to help empower the mother and child so they can eventually lead productive lives.... [tags: The Adverse Effects of Teen Pregnancy]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- The first day of high school, going to prom, learning to drive, graduating, getting a job, and buying the first car – these are some of the memorable events that occur in the life of an average American teenager. However, now more than ever, another event has been added to many teenagers’ lists: becoming a parent. Teen pregnancy is not a new issue; in fact, it has been a rising concern in the United States for decades. Voluntary efforts have been made by organizations such as Healthy Teen Network, The National Campaign, and Advocates for Youth to help reduce the overwhelming existence of teen pregnancy.... [tags: teen pregnancy]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- There is a lot of teen mothers growing up in this world wondering, what if I would have stayed in school. W hat could I have become. Would it have made my life easier if I had thought first. There is many causes for teen pregnancy. They lead to the need for the desire of love by another person. One might have a poor home life and would want something like their peers have. A teen may have a low self-esteem and simply be looking for acceptance. However, many teens that have a wonderful family and are very confidante arnt looking for the few minutes of pleasure.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy]
1393 words (4 pages)
- While many teens that engage in pre-marital sex never become pregnant, some are not as fortunate. Teen pregnancy has become all too common in this day and age. Some teens think it will not happen to them and do not use necessary precautions to protect against it. There are several causes for teen pregnancy and the effects can be life changing. Several causes for teen pregnancy are: the need for affection, acceptance, and unprotected sex. One may have a poor home life and look for affection from a peer.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy]
423 words (1.2 pages)
- Teen Pregnancy Over the past two decades, the rates of teen pregnancy have grown dramatically. According to the Prevention of Teen Pregnancy, approximately every thirty-one seconds ateenager becomes pregnant in the United States. This is unbelievable, however that is the truth that no one can deny. Many people think that teen pregnancy don't effect them unless they get pregnant or one of the family members in teenage get pregnant. However teen pregnancy really affects our communities and country.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- Teenage Pregnancy From the topic teen pregnancy I have learned a lot. Such as it can affect them in different ways such as dating, school, friendships and money (Local teen mothers). When a teen gets pregnant there are people out there in the world that will judge them. Guys are one of the main people that will judge. They’ll call the girl a “whore” and the will keep their distance. Just think about it, does a guy want to be with a girl that’s pregnant.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy]
455 words (1.3 pages)
- Teen Pregnancy Nearly thirteen percent of all births in the United States were teenage girls from the ages fifteen to nineteen. Almost one million teenagers become pregnant each year and about 485,00 give birth. In many situations the answer to keeping a relationship going is to have a good sex life. Most teen relationships are based on sex. This is one of the main reasons why teenage birth rates are so high. I am a good person to make a case for this topic because I have witnessed from a family member how difficult it is to be a teenager and also have to raise and support a child.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy]
1012 words (2.9 pages)